User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

I'm currently an essay-writing tutor (and a full-time Secondary Education/English major). I mostly like tutoring. I like fiction writing more, but I was kind of fascinated by all the nuances of essay-writing growing up and pondered it a whole lot, so it's nice to have a place where they pay me to do it, lol. And it's taught me way more about teaching than I've ever learned in education classes. I'm also considering staying with one-on-one tutoring after graduation but just getting a better-paying position. It kinda sounds better than dealing with things like the behavior problems of 25 kids at once, pressure to teach to standardized tests, and dealing with rigid, micromanaging bureacracies in addition to actually doing the act of teaching.

The other problem, though, is that I don't actually believe that the traditional essay that's normally taught in schools (especially the "five-paragraph" variety) is conducive to helping the majority of kids accomplish the purpose of writing in the first place.

I do want to have a position that ultimately deals with writing, since that's my main passion in life that I'm able to do, but I can't see myself teaching the traditional essay forever. I think my dream teaching job would be teaching creative writing. Maybe I could eventually do editing or actual writing or something like that.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear."--Ambrose Redmoon

. . . metamorphosing . . .

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Anaita View Post
    I'm a musician/song-writer. While I don't make a ton of money from it yet, I've gotten some session work and connections. There are some producers wanting me to do some side projects so things are heading in the right direction. I'll be going back to school for audio engineering certifications soon as well.
    That's awesome! I hope things work out for you

My second choice after my passion for music would be research in neuroscience or some biological science.
    That's a switch!
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear."--Ambrose Redmoon

. . . metamorphosing . . .

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by SubtleFighter View Post
    That's awesome! I hope things work out for you
    Thanks! I hope that you'll be able to get the kind of teaching/tutoring job that fulfills you and also be able to write. What kind of fiction do you enjoy writing?

Quote Originally Posted by SubtleFighter View Post
    That's a switch!
    In school my second best and favorite subject after music was science, particularly anatomy/physiology and biological science related courses. I love to read about the subject of neuroscience- papers, articles, books... it's fascinating. There's also actually a lot of really interesting research about music in neuroscience.

MBTI
    fool

In an ideal world, I'd be a writer. I study sociology atm. Thinking of switching to biology/neuroscience. Research would suite me the best.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

hi I have been a business hournalist, student counsellor, and now a junior financial analyst.
    Loved all 3. would love to do my own thing in the future though..

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I'm starting a doctoral program in clinical psychology this fall. I'm pretty excited about it!

Enneagram
    9w8

Just found this thread, thought I'd resurrect it.

My day job is---an elementary school teacher.

On weekends, holidays and at night---painter, author, artist, public speaker and self-defense instructor

I love what I do.

I help make a difference in the lives of little kids who will one day become adults. I promote literacy through my writing and I promote an appreciation of the arts through my painting. With martial arts I promote spiritual awareness and a healthy lifestyle. I also teach people to stand and fend for themselves and their families.

I like the person I see when I look in the mirror. I like her because she isn't afraid to discover who she is and she isn't afraid to help others discover who they are, too.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    Ell

I just quit my job at a fast food place. I want to move to Hollywood and try to make it big as a screenwriter. I know it's highly unlikely, but it's the only thing I'm passionate about, at the moment.

Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

I'm a vintage clothing dealer, with administration (ack. ) and illustration on the side. I also starting a design internship with a fair trade clothing brand in August that I'm really excited about! I nannied for several years which I miss sometimes-- I swear my kids thought I was Mary Poppins meets Miss Frizzle (I actually got the comment from a Mom once). Yep, I do miss it.
    Find my Enneagram writing here. Also, I'd love for you to take my six question Enneagram surveyEnneagram survey!✨

Enneagram
    9w8

@, Vintage clothing dealer sounds really cool and kind of fun.

@Calbyr,

It sounds like you are following your bliss. I say go for it. Maybe learn everything you can about screen writing.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14