User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Rainy Day Member Ingrid in grids's Avatar

The best advice career advice I ever received was to find what I loved, then find a way to make money from it.

I'm still finishing up High School, but I hope to be a psychiatrist some day.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Wow, two of you hoping to/in the process of getting into the mental health field! And two writers as well. Neither of these surprises me for INFJs.

As for me, I work in the international education field. I advise college students throughout the study abroad process. I really like my job, and I'm pretty sure I'd be happy remaining in the field for the duration of my working life, but I do sometimes wistfully think of getting my PhD in psychology and working in the mental health field.

I also do some translating on the side, both "practical (birth certificates, asylum application documentation, etc) and literary. That's kind of like writing.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

MBTI
    INFJ

High school English teacher. My dream would be do this part time and have the rest of the day to write and paint. My superdream would be to create a musical and do most of the production and design much like Julie Taymor does.

The guy I am dating is INFJ and he does wood work. He is an independent contractor, but the work he enjoys the most is the 'artist' pieces like building master bedroom suites.

He loves to work with reclaimed barn wood, and most of his pieces have 150 year old wood that he has reclaimed. The other stuff, he goes into the woods, and harvests the material, lets it age for months (or years) and makes it into something only he can visualize in his mind.

His artistic side is pretty well developed and he is quite passionate about his work.

He worked in factories for 20 years and hated every minute of it.

MBTI
    INFJ

I'm an attorney. It is not always a comfortable fit, although there are some things about it that are great. I'm hoping to get a masters in library science in a few years and work as a research and reference librarian at a major law school. First I have to work on paying off this stupid, overwhelming, soul-crushing student debt.

MBTI
    INFJ

I'm a business owner and I coach people at the same time.

Are many INFJs business owners, too? It could be just me...

MBTI
    INFJ

Currently a master's student in public health, so my time is spent doing research (reading the literature, writing up my results, crunching and organizing data). It's meaningful stuff and I work with good people, so I love it.

Previously, was an analyst in a management consulting firm -- complete hell with amazing pay. INFJ hell, perhaps

INFJs make up very good research scientists-chemists and biologists. I'd say my customer base is about 60% NTP, but then maybe 10% INFJs, followed by 5% INTJs/ENFPs.

You guys use tert Ti very, very well.

MBTI
    INFJ

Any researchers out there? Advocates? Numbers people?

MBTI
    infj

I just graduated with a degree in environmental studies last May. I'm applying for a masters of architecture in the fall and am currently interning with a non-profit education organization. The ideal career for me is one in which I'm artistically engaged while also contributing to the "greater good." Common INFJ stuff.