User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by angell_m View Post
    Been there, done that. Except for the manipulation part. I believe it is a form of depression.

It took me two years to get in and out of that phase.

What is now left of that phase is total lack of empathy towards everything and everyone, and a shot long-term and short-term memory.
    I agree with this post.

It sounds like the OP is very depressed.

Sometimes people think because they are now coping much better after a heartbreak or a series of them, that they are no longer depressed. Really, it's just the intensity and focus of the depression that has changed.
    It's prudent to know the difference.

Banned
    MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    5w4

I'm not going to say it is, but IF it is...

You may not even know that it is depression. You may think that you have lost- or is about to lose your empathetic side. But that intense empathy within you will always be there in the back of your mind. And working against it, forcing yourself not to feel empathy, is the same as working against your own values/principles. Which may lead you to feel empty, which may lead you to feel lost, which in the end may lead you to feel completely deprived of worth.

The only way I found myself out of there was, well, limerence. And that is not easy to find being asocial; lingering on what could have been, and imagining future possibilities without acting upon them.

[YOUTUBE=GIzDsGyxsQM]Through Glass by Stone Sour[/YOUTUBE]

I drink your milkshake. Thessaly's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Why?

Another question to ask yourself: is there anything POSITIVE you have observed from the recent changes?
    I'm not as sensitive as I used to be. I haven't wasted energy on another person that didn't earn my care hardcore. I've begun taking responsibility for my talents and aspirations. Overall I'm a tougher more mature person, but find myself missing my surplus of warmth. I do consider myself a misanthrope at times.
    With dreamers, pure and simple, the imagination remains a vaguely sketched inner affair. It is not embodied in any aesthetic or practical invention. Reverie is the equivalent of weak desires. Dreamers are the aboulics of the creative imagination.

MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Loliz View Post
    Hey. I'm an infp too and I have gone through this before. It has been tied to carrying anger, so that when the anger died down, the defensiveness and meanness did too. So it might not be a permanant thing. I get that way when I have been slammed and I need room to stand up and move. I usually get back around to being as sweet and naive as ever!
    I do find I am rather angry. I'm not used to being angry. If I ever felt a negative emotion previously it was usually sadness. Now I seem to default to anger. However, I have read that depression is just self directed anger so maybe both those theories here have some truth.

I used to enjoy a bit of anger because it's energizing unlike sadness and tends to lead to interesting changes, but now it's getting old.
    With dreamers, pure and simple, the imagination remains a vaguely sketched inner affair. It is not embodied in any aesthetic or practical invention. Reverie is the equivalent of weak desires. Dreamers are the aboulics of the creative imagination.

MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post
    perhaps you should very consciously allow yourself to feel? Open yourself to emotion? I dunno...I am not an INFP so just guessing.
    That's the problem. I am incapable of being open and soft (my old self). Even with my closest and most dear loved ones I have a small wall up. I'm greatly lacking vulnerability. I'm an impenetrable force. On the plus side though I don't really get hurt. I don't really cry or find myself sad over anyone. I don't find myself excited over anyone either.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Feeling down from time to time is a normal part of life. But when emptiness and despair take hold and won't go away, it may be depression. More than just the temporary "blues," the lows of depression make it tough to function and enjoy life like you once did. Hobbies and friends don’t interest you like they used to; you’re exhausted all the time; and just getting through the day can be overwhelming. When you’re depressed, things may feel hopeless,

Source:Understanding Depression: Signs, Symptoms, Causes, and Help

MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by William K View Post
    Oh, one more thing to add. It might also be you discovering/refining your boundaries. When you say you are being meaner, do you mean without any provocation or is it when pushing back at someone?
    There's probably been provocation at some point. I think it's just more natural for me at this point to communicate with people in a cold manner. I'm sort of cruel to be kind I guess. I mean well most of the time. I'm sort of like House to give you an idea of how I act.

thanks everyone for your replies btw. appreciated.

MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    Feeling down from time to time is a normal part of life. But when emptiness and despair take hold and won't go away, it may be depression. More than just the temporary "blues," the lows of depression make it tough to function and enjoy life like you once did. Hobbies and friends don’t interest you like they used to; you’re exhausted all the time; and just getting through the day can be overwhelming. When you’re depressed, things may feel hopeless,

Source:Understanding Depression: Signs, Symptoms, Causes, and Help
    I may be mildly depressed. I don't feel sad so it's hard to say. I just don't like the people around me or people in general.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Thessaly View Post
    At the beginning of the year I noticed a change in my personality.

I'm basically meaner than I use to be. I have a deficit of empathy for those around me and am a lot more interested in manipulating people than I used to be.

I think it was a series of heart break that hardened me. I'm not sure.

I want to be the unguarded, soft, naive INFP I used to be. I don't think that's possible though. Or is it?
    a necessary change, I think. Probably just projecting back outwards the reflection you perceived that the world has placed into you.

momma sed you caint be a doe-eyed INFP forever

ReflecTcelfeR

Quote Originally Posted by Thessaly View Post
    I may be mildly depressed. I don't feel sad so it's hard to say. I just don't like the people around me or people in general.
    "Let the hate flow through you!"