• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NF's... What types of people stress you out?

cheerchick23

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Ne
You know those people who just subconsciously get on your nerves... even if there's nothing they are doing wrong necessarily, but something about their personality makes your innards cringe...?

Who is it for you? It could be a type of person, a certain personality trait, annoying habit, etc.

Let it out.

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
people that have to like plan every single minute detail out even for the simplest stuff.
inflexibility. it makes me wilt.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
- people who think they are "deeper" than everyone
- people who are very loud and in-my-face and attempt to direct me
- people who give me driving directions step-by-step and refuse to even give me one extra street in advance because they think it will be too confusing :steam:

InTheFlesh

Enneagram
CFV
-People who overestimate themselves and underestimate everyone else
-People who can go from depressed to overly happy in 2 seconds
-People who intimidate others in order to get their way in a situation

EDIT:people who refuse to even think about an opinion other than their own

P

Phantonym

- People who demand non-stop attention
- People who repeatedly show lack of respect towards everybody around them

Oh there's more, but even thinking about them stresses me out. :laugh:

Flutterby

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I don't like pushy people. Something about it, if I feel I'm being pushed I like to push back. It's not so much that I want control, it's more that I hate being controlled.

I don't like people that talk down to me. I believe all people have equal worth regardless of whatever; I really don't like dealing with arrogance or other people's superiority complexes.

I don't like people who pry. I was stopped by a charity spokesperson today who started trying to ask me what my age was. I don't know what that had to do with anything, and I hadn't even agreed to give a donation. (I wasn't rude to them, but I didn't tell them my age either.)

I don't like fake people; not so much the whole, you have to be someone else at work thing, I do understand that. It's just, I don't like people who act fake when they don't have to.

I don't like people who make no effort to contain their anger; like people who scream at strangers in public. I know everyone gets angry sometimes, it's just some people make no effort whatsoever to hold themselves back and they see to do it a lot; obviously not a lot of people, but you see them sometimes, it's annoying.

I don't like it when people swear constantly, it's unnecessary and sounds disgusting.

I really don't like it when people take media stories as the gospel truth; there are so many ways that stories can be twisted and they usually won't give an objective opinion because they are trying to sell something. When you learn about all the ways that the media can potentially twist a story you become very wary of the media.

Edit: I forgot passive aggressiveness. It's annoying. I think it's mean-spirited. I would much rather a direct confrontation than people making veiled comments or sneaking around behind my back.

Okay, that's it for now.

Last edited:

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
People who extrovert a lot of emotion.

Gloriana

Patron Saint Of Smileys
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
* I get stressed out by indecisive people, especially passive ones who refuse to choose anything or make choices but reserve the right to blame everyone else if they don't get what they want. Really irks me.

* I get stressed out by people who will always call to tell you how horrible their lives are but will steamroll you if you offer solutions. Basically, people who just want to forever be put-upon rather than change anything.

* I get stressed out by people who cannot do anything unless they're assured lots of other people are doing it. People who will chide others as fools for not adhering to the 'rules' written in "Ten Tips For __________" lists and such.

* Definitely mean spirited people who cannot own their own insecurities or weaknesses and bash/break down others instead.

angell_m

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
5w4
People that stress when they talk, stress when they walk, stress when they breath, stress when they nit, stress when they wash, stress when they get company, stress while they're sitting still, stress while they're planning something, and they got high blood pressure and ask themselves "Why do I have high blood pressure?". That's the type of people that would make me go "FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY CAN YOU TAKE A F---ING CIGARETTE BEFORE THE BOTH OF US GETS A GOD D---ED HEART ATTACK?!!!"

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
People who defend others with their mouths wide open and making sure everyone else is watching to be deemed as heroes.

And yuppies.

Affably Evil

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
People don't really stress me out, but their behaviors might.

Number one with a bullseye is the kind of people that pressure me for me to give on-the-spot emotional feedback without allowing any processing time (because it's more "genuine" that way apparently).

People that generate loads and loads of emotional noise. I can't be around them for long periods of time.

People that change The Plan last minute all the time and don't give me any time to process it or prepare for it. I had a coworker last year with whom I would do presentations with and she'd change our scheduling all the time without telling me until five or ten minutes before we had to go - this would happen at least once a week, if not more often. Drove me crazy.

People that show up at my house unexpected, uninvited, and expect me to be ready to entertain them. :steam:

Mmm recalling this and writing these up is getting me a little stressed. Time for some tea.

Talisyn

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9-1
- people who are very loud and in-my-face and attempt to direct me

I don't like pushy people. Something about it, if I feel I'm being pushed I like to push back. It's not so much that I want control, it's more that I hate being controlled.

I don't like people who make no effort to contain their anger; like people who scream at strangers in public. I know everyone gets angry sometimes, it's just some people make no effort whatsoever to hold themselves back and they see to do it a lot; obviously not a lot of people, but you see them sometimes, it's annoying.

I don't like it when people swear constantly, it's unnecessary and sounds disgusting.

People who extrovert a lot of emotion.

People that generate loads and loads of emotional noise. I can't be around them for long periods of time.

People that change The Plan last minute all the time and don't give me any time to process it or prepare for it. I had a coworker last year with whom I would do presentations with and she'd change our scheduling all the time without telling me until five or ten minutes before we had to go - this would happen at least once a week, if not more often. Drove me crazy.

People that show up at my house unexpected, uninvited, and expect me to be ready to entertain them.

AMEN

Overt anger,insincerity, pushy-ness, overt rudeness, hypocritical behaviors,flakiness (and at times I think I come off as flaky, but feel horrible about it...), people who lack self-control, people who lack emotional-control, braggarts, conversation monopolizers, whiners....

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
My mom stresses me out. She cannot manage money, and is always looking for ways to acquire more (the easy way) because she's spent all of hers.

She stresses me out because she's always needing more of it. She won't say "I need this much every month", she will ask me for this much (which is a lot already), and then pressure me for more a couple days later because of X emergency, then she will up the amount she needs montly because of X, Y and Z, and it's neverending.

That type of person stresses me out.

And she talks about "retiring". :laugh:

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
-People who overestimate themselves and underestimate everyone else
-People who can go from depressed to overly happy in 2 seconds

EDIT:people who refuse to even think about an opinion other than their own
I can relate to some of this. I don't mind the emotional switching unless there are bouts of anger. That sort of moodiness unnerves me. I like for people to make some sense, whatever that be. I can still like the person, but I keep an automatic distance.

People who can't see past the wall of their own ego don't seem to have a way to integrate new information, so I just let them alone. There's nothing to negotiate or learn. They're stuck.

People who use fear to get their way tend to have lack of ideas. They're also stuck and try to make everyone else equally paralyzed.

Then after I start thinking about it, a part of me feels badly for them because I wonder what happened to make them that way. I wouldn't want to be stuck or be in continual conflict with reality, or unstable. I also know that interacting with problem peole has some obvious negative results, so that doesn't seem like a great plan either.

Affably Evil

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
People that stress when they talk, stress when they walk...

Just coming back to reiterate this. Yes. Other people's stress — exponentially moreso depending on my emotional proximity to them — bleeds over to me so that sometimes I can just get stressed out in response to their stress, especially if I discern an element of true unhappiness in it. If they're just stressing to get their butts into gear I can do a better job of ignoring it, but if their feelings are actually involved...

I tend to retreat into robot-mode so that I can take step back and recalibrate my own feelings for later. I don't like just immediately mopping up a situation where I can't be sure how objectively I'm evaluating the problem, so in the case of the stress being caused by personal hurt, I might need to stonewall until I can do the emotional processing and figure out where I stand on things. Unfortunately in the meantime the NF unhappiness is bleeding all over me... :cry:

People who try to emotionally manipulate me to an end (rather than it happening organically in response to something like the above) don't stress me out so much as utterly irritate me. Usually they think they're being sneaky when really they're being quite obvious about it.

cheerchick23

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Ne
For me, at least recently, it's people who are contrived... People who try to act a certain way to try and fit in, and it's so blatantly fake and forced and ughhh makes me cringe!

The type of people who are more concerned about your reaction to what they say, than what they are actually saying. Like, when planning their response to you, instead of speaking their honest mind, they spew whatever they think will get the right reaction. Like, if I am talking with someone like this, and tell them "OMG I have the funniest joke ever!" No matter what I say next, they will laugh and laugh like it truly IS the funniest joke ever. I could tell them a shitty knock-knock and they would split their sides, because that's how they think I want them to react. And if I open with "OMG I have the lamest joke ever," then whatever I say next (even if it's pants-pissing hilarious), they will react with "oh my goddd you're right, that's awful". Mindless people-pleasers who agree and agree and kiss ass like a sad puppy... Don't they realize that if they had their own opinions (maybe accompanied by a backbone) they would be so much more likable than being a spineless yes-man?

People who always need reassurance from everyone else... they can't have an opinion unless they know the group shares it. "Wow that movie looks good... right guys? Right? Right? It looks good, right!??!" aaaaaaaaaaggghhhh

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
People who only think of the big picture and not the small details that matter to the people actually doing the work (the new director at my job). Oh and micro-managers...

H

Hate

I would have to say:

- Liars
- People that are rude or disrespectful
- People that mistake arrogance for confidence

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Aggressive and demanding people stress me out. You know the ones that ask demanding questions of you and then berate you for being vague, ambivalent, waffly and contemplative because you didn't give them the answer they wanted. I start to feel really flustered, anxious and vulnerable because everything I do seems to be wrong in one way or another.