User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

People don't really stress me out, but their behaviors might.

Number one with a bullseye is the kind of people that pressure me for me to give on-the-spot emotional feedback without allowing any processing time (because it's more "genuine" that way apparently).

People that generate loads and loads of emotional noise. I can't be around them for long periods of time.

People that change The Plan last minute all the time and don't give me any time to process it or prepare for it. I had a coworker last year with whom I would do presentations with and she'd change our scheduling all the time without telling me until five or ten minutes before we had to go - this would happen at least once a week, if not more often. Drove me crazy.

People that show up at my house unexpected, uninvited, and expect me to be ready to entertain them. :steam:

Mmm recalling this and writing these up is getting me a little stressed. Time for some tea.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9-1
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    - people who are very loud and in-my-face and attempt to direct me
    Quote Originally Posted by InTheFlesh View Post
    -People who intimidate others in order to get their way in a situation
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterby View Post
    I don't like pushy people. Something about it, if I feel I'm being pushed I like to push back. It's not so much that I want control, it's more that I hate being controlled.

I don't like people who make no effort to contain their anger; like people who scream at strangers in public. I know everyone gets angry sometimes, it's just some people make no effort whatsoever to hold themselves back and they see to do it a lot; obviously not a lot of people, but you see them sometimes, it's annoying.

I don't like it when people swear constantly, it's unnecessary and sounds disgusting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thessaly View Post
    People who extrovert a lot of emotion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Affably Evil View Post

People that generate loads and loads of emotional noise. I can't be around them for long periods of time.

People that change The Plan last minute all the time and don't give me any time to process it or prepare for it. I had a coworker last year with whom I would do presentations with and she'd change our scheduling all the time without telling me until five or ten minutes before we had to go - this would happen at least once a week, if not more often. Drove me crazy.

People that show up at my house unexpected, uninvited, and expect me to be ready to entertain them.

AMEN

Overt anger,insincerity, pushy-ness, overt rudeness, hypocritical behaviors,flakiness (and at times I think I come off as flaky, but feel horrible about it...), people who lack self-control, people who lack emotional-control, braggarts, conversation monopolizers, whiners....
    I want to be alive To all the life that is in me now, to know each moment to the uttermost.
    (Khalil Gibran from Mary Haskell's Journal June 7, 1912.)

"I'd rather die than live without Mercy and Love" - House of Heroes, Code Name Raven

"I write/Slowly at first/Then the words come quicker/Slow in comparison/To my rapid thoughts/I fall silent/In awe of love"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP

My mom stresses me out. She cannot manage money, and is always looking for ways to acquire more (the easy way) because she's spent all of hers.

She stresses me out because she's always needing more of it. She won't say "I need this much every month", she will ask me for this much (which is a lot already), and then pressure me for more a couple days later because of X emergency, then she will up the amount she needs montly because of X, Y and Z, and it's neverending.

That type of person stresses me out.

And she talks about "retiring".

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by InTheFlesh View Post
    -People who overestimate themselves and underestimate everyone else
    -People who can go from depressed to overly happy in 2 seconds
    -People who intimidate others in order to get their way in a situation

EDIT:People who refuse to even think about an opinion other than their own
    I can relate to some of this. I don't mind the emotional switching unless there are bouts of anger. That sort of moodiness unnerves me. I like for people to make some sense, whatever that be. I can still like the person, but I keep an automatic distance.

People who can't see past the wall of their own ego don't seem to have a way to integrate new information, so I just let them alone. There's nothing to negotiate or learn. They're stuck.

People who use fear to get their way tend to have lack of ideas. They're also stuck and try to make everyone else equally paralyzed.

Then after I start thinking about it, a part of me feels badly for them because I wonder what happened to make them that way. I wouldn't want to be stuck or be in continual conflict with reality, or unstable. I also know that interacting with problem peole has some obvious negative results, so that doesn't seem like a great plan either.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by angell_m View Post
    People that stress when they talk, stress when they walk...
    Just coming back to reiterate this. Yes. Other people's stress — exponentially moreso depending on my emotional proximity to them — bleeds over to me so that sometimes I can just get stressed out in response to their stress, especially if I discern an element of true unhappiness in it. If they're just stressing to get their butts into gear I can do a better job of ignoring it, but if their feelings are actually involved...

I tend to retreat into robot-mode so that I can take step back and recalibrate my own feelings for later. I don't like just immediately mopping up a situation where I can't be sure how objectively I'm evaluating the problem, so in the case of the stress being caused by personal hurt, I might need to stonewall until I can do the emotional processing and figure out where I stand on things. Unfortunately in the meantime the NF unhappiness is bleeding all over me...

People who try to emotionally manipulate me to an end (rather than it happening organically in response to something like the above) don't stress me out so much as utterly irritate me. Usually they think they're being sneaky when really they're being quite obvious about it.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Ne

For me, at least recently, it's people who are contrived... People who try to act a certain way to try and fit in, and it's so blatantly fake and forced and ughhh makes me cringe!

The type of people who are more concerned about your reaction to what they say, than what they are actually saying. Like, when planning their response to you, instead of speaking their honest mind, they spew whatever they think will get the right reaction. Like, if I am talking with someone like this, and tell them "OMG I have the funniest joke ever!" No matter what I say next, they will laugh and laugh like it truly IS the funniest joke ever. I could tell them a shitty knock-knock and they would split their sides, because that's how they think I want them to react. And if I open with "OMG I have the lamest joke ever," then whatever I say next (even if it's pants-pissing hilarious), they will react with "oh my goddd you're right, that's awful". Mindless people-pleasers who agree and agree and kiss ass like a sad puppy... Don't they realize that if they had their own opinions (maybe accompanied by a backbone) they would be so much more likable than being a spineless yes-man?

People who always need reassurance from everyone else... they can't have an opinion unless they know the group shares it. "Wow that movie looks good... right guys? Right? Right? It looks good, right!??!" aaaaaaaaaaggghhhh

People who only think of the big picture and not the small details that matter to the people actually doing the work (the new director at my job). Oh and micro-managers...
    Fe | Ni | Se | Ti ... 3w4 ... Lawful Neutral ... Johari -Nohari

Hate

I would have to say:

- Liars
    - People that are rude or disrespectful
    - People that mistake arrogance for confidence

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Aggressive and demanding people stress me out. You know the ones that ask demanding questions of you and then berate you for being vague, ambivalent, waffly and contemplative because you didn't give them the answer they wanted. I start to feel really flustered, anxious and vulnerable because everything I do seems to be wrong in one way or another.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Sociopaths