• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Te] Anger

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
"Anger and intolerance are the enemies of correct understanding." Mahatma Gandhi

Last edited by a moderator:

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
With anger comes intolerance and half the battle is lost. However, with correct reflection, sifting out the distortions in reason and logic that afflict us all, we may begin to understand one another. LightSun

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
"Expressing anger is a form of public littering." Willard Gaylin

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Tell me about it...

Relationships are tough when you cant communicate effectively...

Thanks for the quote :)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Repressed anger causes cancer.

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Anger is in a sense a temporary psychosis.
There are elements of reality.
There are even more projections of one's own unfinished childhood business
and unresolved conflict. LightSun

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
If & when angry. There is a probability of a distortion.
State the OPPOSITE of what one (distortedly think and say) to distract and
refocus.
Specific example. I am angry. I think or say or God forbid act out of anger!
that "The world sucks".
State the opposite "The world is great". The truth lies in the middle.
"The world is both good and bad. It is what I make it". LightSun

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Anger is a bane to human existence. I know we had need of it in prehistoric days.
Everything in balance. Okay we have anger. There must be a reason. It can, and does help
us to correct societal wrongs. When does it get out of hand?
When we cross the line & do evil. When do we know have perpetrated evil? When we take
away the rights of people & or life. In the future this may evolve to treat animals and all life on this planet with respect. Now, currently, anger may be doing "evil" with gay rights or lack thereof. All humans should have equal rights. This is for people on the whole planet.
We have two orientations. One is people for planetary rights and solidarity.
The other is America first, foremost, and even only. The two opinions are very diametrically
opposed.
We must be careful of anger showing up between these two groups. Then again maybe it is
just part of the process. As long as there is progress.
In the Middle East the Israelis & Muslims in the area have a deep rooted hatred & anger
that is forestalling progress. They have let anger get in the way of reasoning. Somehow they
have to get unstuck! LightSun

gromit

likes this
In my life, I have found that anger is a sign of something else wrong, so I look around and try to see what the anger is telling me... do I feel someone is behaving in an unfair manner? Has something someone else said made me feel defensive about something I don't fully accept about myself? etc. etc...

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
To me, if I show anger, it means I lost control/power so I have this thing about expressing anger to others when I am hurt. If it's for a subject that is not about me and relationships, then that's okay. I get all indignant and angry about injustice and hypocrisy. I also curse a lot.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I've noticed I only show anger when it's a cause for me. You can do what you want to me and I won't angry. I only get angry when I feel people fail to share my most basic caring for some very basic things, and are hurting someone else in the process. But even then it's rare.

Most of my anger is directed towards myself.

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
The Road Rage Incident. I have a behavior, again learned, not wanting to rush to the red light. I have found out that if one is caught at one red light, one is bound to be caught at the next one. I do not like this. I must say I have found preferable a smooth transition of going continually through a green light after green light. I will slow down if I perceive myself coming toward a red light. Well evidently someone behind me did not like me slowing down. They first high blasted me with their high beam. They then got in front of me and intentionally slowed down even perhaps to a dangerous level. They would not let me pass. Every time I changed lane they followed suit. The irony was we were in front of a police sun station. I asked myself, "where is a cop when you need them?" Well I was irate, being initially triggered. I flashed high beam as well as honked horn. Then a part of my intellect took over. I could have gone on being irate. I instead slowed down and turned off on an exit rather than play useless mind games. Now the scenario is I could have cognitively been caught up in useless mind games. True I was initially triggered (which I was not proud of). I disengaged mentally from my anger with such useless thought conjectures such as, "it's not fair. He is an idiot. Et al. I would have been consumed in an endless cycle of escalating road rage. I had a high emotional adrenaline rush I get whenever I have. either a profound thought & insight. I disengaged. I took back control. I did not give in to my anger, except for that initial trigger. Again I am not proud of. I do not like categorically acting in an irrational fashion. I went home happy with a smile on my face. This other dude or dudess "probably could have gone home irate and taken some time to calm down.

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I have the idea that it is pain that is internal which is triggered. These people don't have the capacity in making me mad. It is unsolved issues. Problem is i can never get a handle on the issues, they are too deeply rooted. Also when i get angry, depressed, guilt etc. i say, "It is a lie. These are distortions. It is at best an illusion." Now of course there are real world issues which are deplorable. But the emotions instilled in me, or at least the underlying thoughts happen being distorted. They are mixed in with half truths. Emotions can and do fool us and our senses. They are not to be believed. For one who has these contaminants which provoke ill feelings are almost nearly disempowered by the primitive brain. LightSun

R

ReflecTcelfeR

The Road Rage Incident. I have a behavior, again learned, not wanting to rush to the red light. I have found out that if one is caught at one red light, one is bound to be caught at the next one. I do not like this. I must say I have found preferable a smooth transition of going continually through a green light after green light. I will slow down if I perceive myself coming toward a red light. Well evidently someone behind me did not like me slowing down. They first high blasted me with their high beam. They then got in front of me and intentionally slowed down even perhaps to a dangerous level. They would not let me pass. Every time I changed lane they followed suit. The irony was we were in front of a police sun station. I asked myself, "where is a cop when you need them?" Well I was irate, being initially triggered. I flashed high beam as well as honked horn. Then a part of my intellect took over. I could have gone on being irate. I instead slowed down and turned off on an exit rather than play useless mind games. Now the scenario is I could have cognitively been caught up in useless mind games. True I was initially triggered (which I was not proud of). I disengaged mentally from my anger with such useless thought conjectures such as, "it's not fair. He is an idiot. Et al. I would have been consumed in an endless cycle of escalating road rage. I had a high emotional adrenaline rush I get whenever I have. either a profound thought & insight. I disengaged. I took back control. I did not give in to my anger, except for that initial trigger. Again I am not proud of. I do not like categorically acting in an irrational fashion. I went home happy with a smile on my face. This other dude or dudess "probably could have gone home irate and taken some time to calm down.

This rationalizing seems to be just a different way of repressing the anger. What I want to know is if the anger went away, or if it was displaced?

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
To me, anger is often a manifestation of Fi. I experience anger because one of my fundamental values has been violated. This is usually on behalf of others rather than myself. I suppose I consider myself sufficiently in control of what happens to me directly that any anger I feel at personal affronts and inconveniences is mild and fleeting. When I experience the outrage/anger, though, I step back and determine exactly what principle was violated, what the real impact is, and what if anything I am in a position to do about it constructively. In this way, I try to use anger rather than let it control me.

Pixelholic

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
8w7
Anger is a driving force for me. There are plenty of things to be validly angry about, as long as the anger is proactive you can act upon it beneficially rather than stewing and ending up angsty or something like that.

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
ReflecttcelfeR, "This rationalizing seems to be just a different way of repressing the anger. What I want to know is if the anger went away, or if it was displaced?'

No, in all honesty it dissipated. it was displaced into nowhere. I had no after affect, i felt cleansed and light headed. it was purging poisen. It was reframing reality and my perception of reality. Once i refreamed and took back cognition, i was rational. There was no feelings whatsoever of a negative nature. Only an extreme high.

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Is there such a thing as self rightous anger? Is it warented? What subject makes you angery?

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
"When you recognize and accept what you feel, without judging your emotions by logical standards, you will notice that the natural life of most feelings are remarkably short and fluid. [...] People who ignore or resist their feelings often end up obsessed with them." - Jack Morin

Anger, when expressed and dealt with, transforms into appreciation. Have you ever felt really satisfied after a really nasty argument that gets proplerly resolved? Failing to deal with anger impairs our ability to feel appreciation.

I do think that anger, if taken too far, can do more harm than good. However, it's important not to demonize it, because it's not inherently a shameful or evil emotion either.