User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: Anger

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Udog had a magnificent quote. I shall share in part. "...People who ignore or resist their feelings often end up obsessed with them..." Jack Morin

I believe that absoluely we must aacknowledge this emotion called anger. However, not to act irrationally. That is a major feature of what i think. Do not give in and with a possession of anger.

With anger comes intolerance and half the battle is lost. However, with correct reflection, sifting out the distortions in reason and logic that afflict us all, we may begin to understand one another.

Anger is in a sense a temporary psychosis. There are elements of reality. There are even more projections of one's own unfinished business of a psychological stance
    and unresolved conflict. This is a danger, we can project unfished issues we have inside of our process with thinking.

“Events take their course, it is no good of being angry at them; he is happiest who wisely turns them to the account.” Euripides 480-406 BCE

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Anger is most often a symptom of an underlying feeling, usually fear, shame, hurt or embarrassment.
    And most times the anger is about you, and you feeling those feelings

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Coriolis wrote, "...experience anger because one of my fundamental values has been violated. and "behalf of others rather than myself." Coriolis also says, "..step back and determine exactly what principle..." I find it intersting that Coriolis states she can get angry when people's rights are violation. More so than she feels for herself.

I too experience injustices. Things that are not tolerable, but as Coriolis states i am trying to use anger with passion for a cause. I also like finding other like minded persons who have similar outrage of some of the injustices in this world.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Arclight states, "underlying feeling, usually fear, shame..." All I can say is i happen being in agreement. Usually at the bottom of such negative emotions such: anger and hate all belong with a deep hurt. They are not complete individuals, but ghosts who project their negativity.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Pixelholic View Post
    Anger is a driving force for me. There are plenty of things to be validly angry about, as long as the anger is proactive you can act upon it beneficially rather than stewing and ending up angsty or something like that.
    I agree as long as reason with clear thinking is manifest. If one becomes a prisoner with anger, then their perception with reality can not receive an acknowledgement.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

ReflecttcelfeR wishes some answer, "...is if the anger went away, or if it was displaced?..."

In this case ReflecttcelfeR my anger dissipated with my new perception with reality . I no longer had a trace of anger. In fact i had some humor on the other driver possessed with his anger.I went driving to my house with a feeling a high mixed with euphoria.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Sytpg says, "...it's a cause. You can do what you want to me and I won't angry." Ah then you are or happen being with a conjunction with Coriolis. Though the unconscious reasons are probably different. Phenomenal, you say you happen to be cool in all other situations, and people can't make you ma? You feel nothing/ What is your thinking process and what thoughts are going around in your head?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Rebe states, "...I lost control/power..." and "...indignant and angry about injustice..."
    Interesting, personally i hate losing control. I don't like anger. I consider it a weakness, though this is a distortion in thought. You too have the passion of injustices perpetrated unto others.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Anger is both a natural and highly construtive emotion. It gets unfairly villified as a huge no-no. Like anything malignant, it can cause rot, but so can any wound left untreated. Righteous anger was found in Christ. Anger can the tempering fire that burns away the dross and flotsam.

Anger isn't the enemy. It's misplaced pride.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by lightsun View Post
    "Expressing anger is a form of public littering." Willard Gaylin