First 1234 Last

Thread: Anger

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

To me, if I show anger, it means I lost control/power so I have this thing about expressing anger to others when I am hurt. If it's for a subject that is not about me and relationships, then that's okay. I get all indignant and angry about injustice and hypocrisy. I also curse a lot.

MBTI
    ISFJ

I've noticed I only show anger when it's a cause for me. You can do what you want to me and I won't angry. I only get angry when I feel people fail to share my most basic caring for some very basic things, and are hurting someone else in the process. But even then it's rare.

Most of my anger is directed towards myself.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

The Road Rage Incident. I have a behavior, again learned, not wanting to rush to the red light. I have found out that if one is caught at one red light, one is bound to be caught at the next one. I do not like this. I must say I have found preferable a smooth transition of going continually through a green light after green light. I will slow down if I perceive myself coming toward a red light. Well evidently someone behind me did not like me slowing down. They first high blasted me with their high beam. They then got in front of me and intentionally slowed down even perhaps to a dangerous level. They would not let me pass. Every time I changed lane they followed suit. The irony was we were in front of a police sun station. I asked myself, "where is a cop when you need them?" Well I was irate, being initially triggered. I flashed high beam as well as honked horn. Then a part of my intellect took over. I could have gone on being irate. I instead slowed down and turned off on an exit rather than play useless mind games. Now the scenario is I could have cognitively been caught up in useless mind games. True I was initially triggered (which I was not proud of). I disengaged mentally from my anger with such useless thought conjectures such as, "it's not fair. He is an idiot. Et al. I would have been consumed in an endless cycle of escalating road rage. I had a high emotional adrenaline rush I get whenever I have. either a profound thought & insight. I disengaged. I took back control. I did not give in to my anger, except for that initial trigger. Again I am not proud of. I do not like categorically acting in an irrational fashion. I went home happy with a smile on my face. This other dude or dudess "probably could have gone home irate and taken some time to calm down.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Default Anger

I have the idea that it is pain that is internal which is triggered. These people don't have the capacity in making me mad. It is unsolved issues. Problem is i can never get a handle on the issues, they are too deeply rooted. Also when i get angry, depressed, guilt etc. i say, "It is a lie. These are distortions. It is at best an illusion." Now of course there are real world issues which are deplorable. But the emotions instilled in me, or at least the underlying thoughts happen being distorted. They are mixed in with half truths. Emotions can and do fool us and our senses. They are not to be believed. For one who has these contaminants which provoke ill feelings are almost nearly disempowered by the primitive brain. LightSun

ReflecTcelfeR

Quote Originally Posted by lightsun View Post
    The Road Rage Incident. I have a behavior, again learned, not wanting to rush to the red light. I have found out that if one is caught at one red light, one is bound to be caught at the next one. I do not like this. I must say I have found preferable a smooth transition of going continually through a green light after green light. I will slow down if I perceive myself coming toward a red light. Well evidently someone behind me did not like me slowing down. They first high blasted me with their high beam. They then got in front of me and intentionally slowed down even perhaps to a dangerous level. They would not let me pass. Every time I changed lane they followed suit. The irony was we were in front of a police sun station. I asked myself, "where is a cop when you need them?" Well I was irate, being initially triggered. I flashed high beam as well as honked horn. Then a part of my intellect took over. I could have gone on being irate. I instead slowed down and turned off on an exit rather than play useless mind games. Now the scenario is I could have cognitively been caught up in useless mind games. True I was initially triggered (which I was not proud of). I disengaged mentally from my anger with such useless thought conjectures such as, "it's not fair. He is an idiot. Et al. I would have been consumed in an endless cycle of escalating road rage. I had a high emotional adrenaline rush I get whenever I have. either a profound thought & insight. I disengaged. I took back control. I did not give in to my anger, except for that initial trigger. Again I am not proud of. I do not like categorically acting in an irrational fashion. I went home happy with a smile on my face. This other dude or dudess "probably could have gone home irate and taken some time to calm down.
    This rationalizing seems to be just a different way of repressing the anger. What I want to know is if the anger went away, or if it was displaced?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

To me, anger is often a manifestation of Fi. I experience anger because one of my fundamental values has been violated. This is usually on behalf of others rather than myself. I suppose I consider myself sufficiently in control of what happens to me directly that any anger I feel at personal affronts and inconveniences is mild and fleeting. When I experience the outrage/anger, though, I step back and determine exactly what principle was violated, what the real impact is, and what if anything I am in a position to do about it constructively. In this way, I try to use anger rather than let it control me.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Anger is a driving force for me. There are plenty of things to be validly angry about, as long as the anger is proactive you can act upon it beneficially rather than stewing and ending up angsty or something like that.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.” -Nietzsche

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

ReflecttcelfeR, "This rationalizing seems to be just a different way of repressing the anger. What I want to know is if the anger went away, or if it was displaced?'

No, in all honesty it dissipated. it was displaced into nowhere. I had no after affect, i felt cleansed and light headed. it was purging poisen. It was reframing reality and my perception of reality. Once i refreamed and took back cognition, i was rational. There was no feelings whatsoever of a negative nature. Only an extreme high.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Is there such a thing as self rightous anger? Is it warented? What subject makes you angery?

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

"When you recognize and accept what you feel, without judging your emotions by logical standards, you will notice that the natural life of most feelings are remarkably short and fluid. [...] People who ignore or resist their feelings often end up obsessed with them." - Jack Morin

Anger, when expressed and dealt with, transforms into appreciation. Have you ever felt really satisfied after a really nasty argument that gets proplerly resolved? Failing to deal with anger impairs our ability to feel appreciation.

I do think that anger, if taken too far, can do more harm than good. However, it's important not to demonize it, because it's not inherently a shameful or evil emotion either.