• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Common ENFP issues

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Do not assume NTJs, or especially Ni-doms, do not daydream. It is as essential for us as for you. I suspect the content of our daydreams is simply different than yours.

Most of our daydreams are realistic, sometimes symbolic, sometimes Ni prophetic, and clearly not as outlandish as Ne.

Scout for an Ne-user in public as he's staring into space, wait until he comes back to Earth to refuel, and then ask him what he was dreaming about. Outlandish LSD Shrooms Opium stuff I'm telling you. That, or he'll call 911.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Depends on how accurate your dreams are. I know people who followed dreams only to realize so much reality wasnt accounted for they just get frustrated and angry because its not working out. And what they thought was a nightmare is just fear of what didnt happen....the epitome of INTJs...:doh:
That is what happens when we fail to engage Te.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Most of our daydreams are realistic, sometimes symbolic, sometimes Ni prophetic, and clearly not as outlandish as Ne.

Scout for an Ne-user in public as he's staring into space, wait until he comes back to Earth to refuel, and then ask him what he was dreaming about. Outlandish LSD Shrooms Opium stuff I'm telling you. That, or he'll call 911.

I have said Ni is the "grounded" version of head in the clouds Ne...? To much "i know" though and realistic becomes not all that accurate.

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
I have said Ni is the "grounded" version of head in the clouds Ne...? To much "i know" though and realistic becomes not all that accurate.

That's one way to look at it. Actually by using the term "realistic" for Ni, Ne is stigmatized and doomed as unearthly, unless all its users are proud of being atypically crazy and fun, which would be formidable.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That's one way to look at it. Actually by using the term "realistic" for Ni, Ne is stigmatized and doomed as unearthly, unless all its users are proud of being atypically crazy and fun, which would be formidable.

Its simple setting of the bar, its all relative. The thing is that Ne will connect to reality sooner then Ni will due to its less depth. Ni is still stuck in its cloud while Ne looked down while hoping to next cloud

JihadiJohn

Permabanned
Two-faced, they're "open-minded" in the same way liberals are "open-minded", pretentious, pseudo-intellectual, obnoxious, illogical, overly-emotional, manchild

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Two-faced, they're "open-minded" in the same way liberals are "open-minded", pretentious, pseudo-intellectual, obnoxious, illogical, overly-emotional, manchild

lmao did you join just to be an asshole?

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I mean, this would be the thread to be asshole?
Nowhere on this site do we allow or encourage "asshole-like" comments and behavior towards another person or group of people. That isn't to say you can't complain or criticize ENFPs within this thread. If you have a negative point, or two to make of ENFPs based on your personal experiences with them, back that up. It's not required of course, but without it, your words may be perceived by some as carrying no meaning and will be accepted only at face value as name calling or slander. Certainly, it's entirely your choice how you wish to present yourself and your ideas.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram

And this, no doubt is part of the reason I often mistake Ni doms as not being daydreamers. It's also far less obvious to me since INTJs are often observers first, taking in their environment. If I start to daydream, it comes between moments of socializing or joking around with a person so it's quite apparent to those that know me that I've left earth for a short while. But no worries guys, Dreamer will be back :D

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I think you re looking for the ‘hate an enfp?’ thread.

This one was started by me way back when as a response to Fidelia’s INFJ Issues thread and explores the things that are typical to enfps and often get misinderstood as well as not appreciated by others.

While in essence it does explore our weaknesses, it is meant to both offer others insight into those traits as well as allow ourselves to come to terms and deal with those miscommunications, while making adjustments.

Meanwhile the ‘hate an enfp?’ thread is meant to catch the rants of others regarding the frustrations they have woth our kind and serve a feedback function, without necessarily going into analytical depth.

Ranting is a necessary part of processing as well as a useful feedback mechanism but it tends to ruffle feathers and destroy the delicate ambiance needed forcarwful self reflection and analytical precision - hence the division

Think of it as the difference betweentge uncensored creative mind that writes a very flawes first draft vs the exacting nature of the editor who adds the polish. The latter strangles the former’s creativity, nipping it in the butt instead of letting it blossom.

Like your asshole approach, it has its own time and place.

JihadiJohn

Permabanned
I think you re looking for the ‘hate an enfp?’ thread.

This one was started by me way back when as a response to Fidelia’s INFJ Issues thread and explores the things that are typical to enfps and often get misinderstood as well as not appreciated by others.

While in essence it does explore our weaknesses, it is meant to both offer others insight into those traits as well as allow ourselves to come to terms and deal with those miscommunications, while making adjustments.

Meanwhile the ‘hate an enfp?’ thread is meant to catch the rants of others regarding the frustrations they have woth our kind and serve a feedback function, without necessarily going into analytical depth.

Ranting is a necessary part of processing as well as a useful feedback mechanism but it tends to ruffle feathers and destroy the delicate ambiance needed forcarwful self reflection and analytical precision - hence the division

Think of it as the difference betweentge uncensored creative mind that writes a very flawes first draft vs the exacting nature of the editor who adds the polish. The latter strangles the former’s creativity, nipping it in the butt instead of letting it blossom.

Like your asshole approach, it has its own time and place.

But I don't discriminate, I'm an asshole to everyone, all things considered I'd say that's pretty amiable.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

You came iin here to insult an MBTI type basically when not every single person of that MBTI meets that description and I'm sure any type could do that bullshit.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Do you guys have issues with basic decisions, like "which Christmas tree is the best one," or am I way off the mark here?
I remember how long it took me to pick one last year, and I am sitting here imagining myself comparing 7 of my favorites and trying to select the fullest, most perfect one.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yup, and thats not an issue - its a joy :D

At least, if you ve git the time to do the buffet thing.

I ll admit that doing quick evaluations, decisions and prioritization immediately amd for the first time on something is not in my wheelhouse. I have way too many options to evaluate first and in a high stress work environment that can be a problem - which is why i prefer to be the right hand and soundboard over the leader.

But on fun stuff like christmas trees, I take my sweet sweet time ;)

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I guess what makes it feel like a burden is the anxiety that comes with trying to find the perfect combination of quality and value. I once spent like 2 hours walking back and forth through a furniture store during a major sale to try to find the most aesthetic combination of living room shit while taking into consideration the quality, value, and comfort/feel of it. The sales people probably thought I was nuts. Sometimes I just wish it wasn't such a process.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I guess what makes it feel like a burden is the anxiety that comes with trying to find the perfect combination of quality and value. I once spent like 2 hours walking back and forth through a furniture store during a major sale to try to find the most aesthetic combination of living room shit while taking into consideration the quality, value, and comfort/feel of it. The sales people probably thought I was nuts. Sometimes I just wish it wasn't such a process.

That i can understand. You sound like you re working on the process of how to being your ideas into the world. It tends to be a process of frustration until you hone it , ime. For me, it became easier when i realised that however ideal my idea was, it would never exist in reality and grieved that loss. Additionally - and this was the kicker - once i was able to let go, i realised reality offered beauty and perfection in an imperfect way - a way id never considered in my ideal world. And it was the combination of the two in a wat i hadnt previously thought of, that was the perfect somution for me.

What that looks like is...i stop overthinking/Fi-ing it and ne-ing the shit out of it instead. It means that when i go into a furniture store during a sale, i consider just how badly i need something/what i can afford ( that determines just how picky i get to be)

After that, all bets are off. If i go in with a preconceived notion of what i want, i ll never find it. Instead, i go in with the thought through notion of what something has to be able to offer me to be the right choice for me. F.e i could fall in love with a big bulky table but since i dont have the room to do it judtoce, its not for me. Doesnt mean i cant appreciate it, it s just not for me. Its like clothes i love but dont do justice to an hourglass figure - there’s no point in buying them coz they ll never be used te way they should be on me :)

Then, i go through the options that would do justice to the esthetics of my particlar home and bounce ideas off of how to ise things in a different way, which allows me to find often a use and beauty in thz unexpected. Meanwhile, i keep Fi to a yes/no gut feel instead. It has the final say but it ONLY gets to say yes or no - no impossible demands for the perfect in every way thing. Coz seriously, it just aint that important. Fi has a bit of a stick up its perfect tuckus that way, sometimes :D

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I'm definitely very idealistic, but with an undercurrent of practicality. It's a balancing act.