• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Common ENFP issues

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ive answered this question many a time in the past. And there are several threads on the phenomenon, so time to try out the new search function :wink:

grey_beard

The Typing Tabby
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ive answered this question many a time in the past. And there are several threads on the phenomenon, so time to try out the new search function :wink:
[MENTION=5494]Amargith[/MENTION] -- oh, it wasn't for me: I just (apparently incorrectly, and I apologize) thought you enjoyed pontificating on the topic, and would enjoy sharing with [MENTION=20880]labyrinth_perhaps[/MENTION]...
(I had already pored over two such major threads, one so old that it had people calling you by your prior screen name. The threads mentioned are
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45083
and
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/nf-idyllic/26744-enfp-intj-disasterous-combo-o-love.html)
which I had thoughtfully saved for myself in an email a month ago when I read them.
Thanks, however, for the polite reply despite my intrusion (softened by your wink).:D

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why are ENFPS and INTJS/INFJS considered compatible for relationships? I know the basics of it but I'd like to hear some ENFP/INTJ/INFJ opinions
ENFPS: what do you like the most about INTJS/INFJS and what do you dislike?
INTJS/INFJS: same question

Ni is the peanutbutter to our Ne jelly in a lot of ways. it's the other half of the intuitive whole, and it can feel like a superpower when they get together.

NJJC

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
you enfps are so intense. every little thing....smh

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I just found the most ENFP character ever in a movie that's pretty much a thesis on ENFP. It's on Netflix. You must watch!

lecky

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
After reading this thread I have found that I suffer from some common ENFP issues as well.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I just found the most ENFP character ever in a movie that's pretty much a thesis on ENFP. It's on Netflix. You must watch!

are you going to tell us what this movie is? how to lose a guy in 10 days perhaps?

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
are you going to tell us what this movie is? how to lose a guy in 10 days perhaps?

It's called Happy-Go-Lucky. It's a series of vignettes in the life of this woman, Poppy, a hyper ENFP e7 sx/so in her 30's. It's advertised as a 'feel good' movie, but it's not really, there's just no convenient tagline to describe it. There are definite dark moments, lack of self-concern when dealing with a homeless person, an encounter with man who gets dangerously obsessed, and of course accuses her of leading him on. The most fun is reading the discussion on IMDB, it's classic introvert T vs ENFP rage.

Man, I agree wtih you anti-Poppy people.

The girl was a manic mess. If I were in the room with her for 5 mintues I'd be drained and exhasted. I'm an introvert who likes parties and often likes being in crowds, but with faced with an emotional vampire like Poppy I'd go into uber introvert mode.

This film was overrated and was SO not what I was expecting. I was hoping for a happy Amelie type experience, but instead I got giddy crazed Poppy. Down, girl!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1045670/board/thread/126923480

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
^ that video SOOOOOO did not load or show up when I was typing earlier. I *did* wonder why there was so much open space though...

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i've seen the movie qlip and yeah super enfp type 7 character. it's kind of awesome.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Gonna have to check that out. Thanks Q!

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It's called Happy-Go-Lucky. It's a series of vignettes in the life of this woman, Poppy, a hyper ENFP e7 sx/so in her 30's. It's advertised as a 'feel good' movie, but it's not really, there's just no convenient tagline to describe it. There are definite dark moments, lack of self-concern when dealing with a homeless person, an encounter with man who gets dangerously obsessed, and of course accuses her of leading him on. The most fun is reading the discussion on IMDB, it's classic introvert T vs ENFP rage.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1045670/board/thread/126923480

Got to see it...

Starry

I would gladly watch any movie...ENFP characters or not...based solely on your recommendation...and I really appreciate this. What I take away from this clip though is...the Spanish don't seem all that different from the Italians... (I've travelled and lived in so many places but have never been to Spain and am seriously just now making this connection.) 'Italian' is thought to be an ESFP culture.

Got to see it...

Hey Sprout...I hope you are well :)

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Being in a constant state of flux.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team

I find her very obnoxious.

This is not how I usually feel about ENFPs.

Not sayin she isn't one.

Just sayin.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

This is not how I usually feel about ENFPs.

Not sayin she isn't one.

Just sayin.

I know low-key ENFPs, but I also know at least one ENFP like this. I think even the low-key ENFPs see ourselves as looking like that.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I know low-key ENFPs, but I also know at least one ENFP like this. I think even the low-key ENFPs see ourselves as looking like that.

Yeah, I was thinkin that...

I think it's almost like a reflection of how she thinks she looks...

While in reality she really doesn't look nearly that awkward at all...

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, I was thinkin that...

I think it's almost like a reflection of how she thinks she looks...

While in reality she really doesn't look nearly that awkward at all...

that's a funny point actually...i could see that

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I would gladly watch any movie...ENFP characters or not...based solely on your recommendation...and I really appreciate this. What I take away from this clip though is...the Spanish don't seem all that different from the Italians... (I've travelled and lived in so many places but have never been to Spain and am seriously just now making this connection.) 'Italian' is thought to be an ESFP culture.

Hey Sprout...I hope you are well :)

Been a little nihilistic, but I'm otherwise good. The disability claim for my ADHD went through, so that should help with gas...

Nara

MBTI Type
WILD

It really depends on the region, you definitely won't have the same vibe in Toscany and Campania (and all the south)... Not only because of the cliché south=extraverts and north=introverts, but you'll find more Se-Fe in south, while the north cities are full of dutiful achievers (J).

She is.
She's the kind of person you'd like to see for fun (in small doses), but not the one you want to talk to more "seriously" or abstractly (unless you want some empty insights).