• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Common ENFP issues

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
lol. not to hate on my own type, but i wish for the life of me i was NiFe.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Random issue:

Maybe I'm alone on this, but what REAAALLY HEATS ME UPP are those highly arrogant people (usually INTx) that frown down SOOOOO much on stupidity. or idiocracy. or meaningless goofiness. I'm a naturally goofy person and I cannot tell you how many times this one chick has called me an idiot and told me to stop being stupid. It pisses me off soo much. And seeing it done to other people makes me want to bash their brains in. If you're not hurting anyone, then be yourself and be a goof. People are so fucking serious and uptight. and full of judgments.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Random issue:

Maybe I'm alone on this, but what REAAALLY HEATS ME UPP are those highly arrogant people (usually INTx) that frown down SOOOOO much on stupidity. or idiocracy. or meaningless goofiness. I'm a naturally goofy person and I cannot tell you how many times this one chick has called me an idiot and told me to stop being stupid. It pisses me off soo much. And seeing it done to other people makes me want to bash their brains in. If you're not hurting anyone, then be yourself and be a goof. People are so fucking serious and uptight. and full of judgments.

seriouscat.jpg

Chloe

Random issue:

OMG. I was talking about this few days ago with someone.... I notice that I often understnad/relate to with INTx's the least. ( besides STJs rofl).. because they are often very serious and snobbish about intellect. I had few INT boyfriends and I was bored to death with them. :) Not all INTs are like this, ,many are really great, but many I knew were like this

Also, they often put other people on the last spot, which seriously bothers me, and cant understand it.

I usually admire their intellect and many things, but for long we cant be together. That was the case for now.
It's not that i dont understand them, i dont think they are bad people or something.. just that i dont see much in common with them on personal level, despite having similar interests like maths or mbti, and similar views on some not-F things.
With ENTPs is very very different. Lack of enthusiasm for life is what bothers me the most in some INTs

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Random issue:

may i advise not studying physics, or probably engineering either, and maybe not even science.

I assure you, this is issue does NOT get any better!!!!! IME it only got like 10,000 times worse

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Random issue:

heh. i live with two INTPs - my dad and brother. they're goofy too, in their own way. my dad respects that i'm intelligent, but i get this sort of crap from my brother all the fucking time. he tells me i'm an idiot with astounding frequency (and he's being serious.) typically it's because i don't share his knowledge base about music theory or cars. once he told me that he respected me for my talents in "language arts" but not really for anything else. thanks, kiddo
:ranting::eek:uch:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Young INTxs can do that, often to hide their own insecurity ;)

It's quite endearing really, once you crack their code...:whistling:

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

hehe, you're right, satine.

my mom always reminds me that my brother may well be jealous of me. it's hard to even consider believing sometimes, but i think that on some level, i know that sometimes, it's true. it's just hard to hear that kind of open-fire criticism from someone whose opinion you value highly.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram

That's exactly it.

And I'm thinking it's more INTJs. God love them...most of them. But you get a few you want to strangle.

I am studying science though. Science is my primary focus next to English. I usually encounter these pricks in Math. and nooo thanks Physics.

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
That's exactly it.

And I'm thinking it's more INTJs. God love them...most of them. But you get a few you want to strangle.

I am studying science though. Science is my primary focus next to English. I usually encounter these pricks in Math. and nooo thanks Physics.

Just remember that INTx does not equate to "INTelligent."

You have to give things a few years to mature. Eventually your "silliness" will be much more restrained (by your own choice!), and INTx's seriousness will not be anywhere nearly so serious, and there will be much more to be shared, overall.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
That's exactly it.

I've had more than a few...

I've rarely encountered this in math, btw, but yeah, steer clear of physics like the plague

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Philosphy is that same place for INTPs I've found :D

I personally like attempting a removal of that stick up their ass, but hey ;)

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
all of this begs the question, in which academic discipline are the most annoying ENFPs found?

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Just remember that INTx does not equate to "INTelligent."

You have to give things a few years to mature. Eventually your "silliness" will be much more restrained (by your own choice!), and INTx's seriousness will not be anywhere nearly so serious, and there will be much more to be shared, overall.

truth be told, I am naturally (and secretly) attracted to INTJs more than any other type.
they also have the power to piss me off the most.

I bet I'll marry one someday..

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
all of this begs the question, in which academic discipline are the most annoying ENFPs found?

Probably something related to Montessori or right-brained education, like teaching "gifted" kids or some creative field of teaching; or child/adolescent psychology; or International Studies/foreign language/cultural studies.

That's my guess.

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
heh. i live with two INTPs - my dad and brother. they're goofy too, in their own way. my dad respects that i'm intelligent, but i get this sort of crap from my brother all the fucking time. he tells me i'm an idiot with astounding frequency (and he's being serious.) typically it's because i don't share his knowledge base about music theory or cars. once he told me that he respected me for my talents in "language arts" but not really for anything else. thanks, kiddo
:ranting::eek:uch:

Yeah, I get that a lot; it's really insulting, isn't it? I tried to articulate this feeling in the "Importance of Feeling" thread but some INTP got their panties in a bunch.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Sweetheart, we're all over the place...quite literally :D

Yeah, I get that a lot; it's really insulting, isn't it? I tried to articulate this feeling in the "Importance of Feeling" thread but some INTP got their panties in a bunch.

The young ones tend to instinctively avoid feelings as if it is icky, since they're so uncomfortable with it ;)
They come to appreciate it often though, over time, much like we after a while realize that logic isn't the devil just coz it's cold ;)

Add to that that a young ENFP can be quite an...emotional deathtrap, when they're overloading. They just cannot handle us at that point :devil: