User Tag List

First 1353616263646573 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

OK, I'm new here. I haven't read the earlier posts in this thread, but by far my biggest issue is to crave for, and to enjoy social interaction but finding it frequently boring and too slow-paced, too orderly, too predetermined. Lacking spontaneity and substance both, which may appear contradictory but really isn't. When you can tell how people will react beforehand, its not too intriguing.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Nowhere View Post
    OK, I'm new here. I haven't read the earlier posts in this thread, but by far my biggest issue is to crave for, and to enjoy social interaction but finding it frequently boring and too slow-paced, too orderly, too predetermined. Lacking spontaneity and substance both, which may appear contradictory but really isn't. When you can tell how people will react beforehand, its not too intriguing.
    Welcome to the matrix son.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by andresimon View Post
    Welcome to the matrix son.
    Thanks and all that!

Anyway, I actually have something else I want to mention a well and it probably fits here, how come the stereotyping, but isn't it frustrating when people you do not see in an intellectual environment jump to conclusions about your intellectual vigour and people who see you doing intellectual stuff and discussing more serious matters instantly think you as someone who's ultra-serious. It always makes me super gutted. Yeah, I can be amongst student of my year and no, it doesn't really say anything about anything else. I actually wonder whether false or partial understanding of theories of personality may be to blame or simply that introverts are deemed more intellectually capable automatically. Or that showing emotions and valuing them means you can't master logic as well.

Could we stop pigeonholing? Not that it matters otherwise but how people deem you determines how they approach you and also if intellectualism is taken as a defining factor, or impulsiveness is, it means that trying to connect with them is harder as they've already pictured you in their heads.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ENFP

Thanks and all that!

Anyway, I actually have something else I want to mention a well and it probably fits here, how come the stereotyping, but isn't it frustrating when people you do not see in an intellectual environment jump to conclusions about your intellectual vigour and people who see you doing intellectual stuff and discussing more serious matters instantly think you as someone who's ultra-serious. It always makes me super gutted. Yeah, I can be amongst student of my year and no, it doesn't really say anything about anything else. I actually wonder whether false or partial understanding of theories of personality may be to blame or simply that introverts are deemed more intellectually capable automatically. Or that showing emotions and valuing them means you can't master logic as well.

Could we stop pigeonholing? Not that it matters otherwise but how people deem you determines how they approach you and also if intellectualism is taken as a defining factor, or impulsiveness is, it means that trying to connect with them is harder as they've already pictured you in their heads.
    Our world is built on generalizations of the specific and specifications of the general. We often get reality very wrong. Don't take it personally. ENFP's are very versatile, capable of being experts in mathematics, physics, and being comedians as well.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sp

Story of my life.

And right when you're starting to give up and preparing to retreat into that cave of bored cynicism someone or something comes along that blows your mind resulting in a disturbingly obsessive high and effectively recharging your batteries in one fell swoop, right?

That's how it works for me anyway. Quite a wretched cycle.

Thanks and all that!

!!!
    Oh how I have lamented about this exact same phenomenon. People come to expect one-face from you and if you ever deviate from it "Is something wrong? Are you okay? You seem a little off today." It's one of my few triggers...

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    iee Fi

Hi fidelia...can I come in from left field? I've had a quite a few people tell me that they would like a direct answer to a question they have asked, when I am convinced I have spent a lot of time just explaining the goddamn thing to them. Something about mistaking the facts for the truth....just commenting on different casts of mind. I find that a lot of people cannot extrapolate. However, I do admit I have trouble seeing the trees for the forest.
    Likes Starheadowl liked this post

Dream without Hesitation Dreamer's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    792 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

So many people will often misunderstand me when I'm trying to explain a concept or idea because often times, my words are taken literally or at face value. I know this is largely my fault, but since I think in metaphors and abstract concepts, my word choice often takes on a language of its own if that makes any sense. Along the same vein, I can sometimes find it difficult to find the best words to describe my thoughts.
    The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams
    -Eleanor Roosevelt

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    iee Fi

Oh I know exactly what you mean. When someone responds to me with the question: "what are you saying?" it makes my blood boil. If I'm particularly annoyed I will say: "nothing". but I just did say something a minute ago". Or, if someone persists in the inanity, I may declare that: "if I say it so you can understand it, I won't be saying the same thing." (The latter is reserved for a select few...not children, or students, or the elderly). Religious zealots are fair game, for example.
    Likes Hawthorne, Dreamer liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I think I throw people off a lot because 99% of the time I'm kind of a clown. I was in a fraternity in college and people were used to me as being highly eccentric, engaging, warm, personal, and pretty out-there and quirky. I'm always down for new things and can keep up with jokes like there's no tomorrow. And then there's the 1% of the time where something bothers me or I am vehemently opposed to something that happened or something that someone has done and I think I surprise people with a sudden onset of seriousness that I think scares people sometimes. It makes for no shortage of the occasional awkward moment. Obviously this is just Ne-Fi functions in concert, but for a fraternity with a lot of STJs, this was kind of a unique experience. That's a little insight into many of my experiences.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx

**deep breath**

"So.. You know when you're an ENFP and you're bored of working for someone else in something you don't believe in so you decide to start your own business and it does really well because it's people-based and everyone falls in love with you and supports your business then it grows to a size where you can't possibly maintain all of those connections so you start feeling like you're disappointing everyone and you hire some people but being an employer is HARD and you feel like you're letting down your employees UNTIL YOU REALIZE that you are amazing and you just need to flip the perspective so you hire a peer with boss-like experience so that you can leave that job and start ANOTHER business that is self-limiting in capacity by nature because you realize you need those external parameters in order to be your best and give your best?!"

THAT'S MY WEEK, FOLKS.
    HELLO. NICE TO MEET YOU!
    Likes uumlau, Esoteric Wench, Jayce liked this post