User Tag List

Page 62 of 72 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast

Thread: Common ENFP issues

Junior Member Array
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx

Basically every "weakness" that ENFP's are cited to have on the internet I have! Self absorption, coming off as flighty, etc. The one place I specifically struggle with is with non-NF friends...or just maybe non-Ne dominants. I don't get how everyone doesn't want to constantly discover more about the world and know everything about everyone.
    “I was ready to love the whole world, but no one understood me, and I learned to hate.” - Mikhail Lermontov

33% Extravert ~ 50% Intuition ~ 75% Feeling ~ 11% Perceiving
    4w3 SX // ENFp
    Sanguine | Phlegmatic
    Right Brain Dominant
    Likes ScareBear liked this post

What were ENFPs like in childhood though? One issue of ENFPs is that they're the shy extroverts wanting attention at the same time while needing to be alone.
    Likes pinkgraffiti liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by xpeacexrainbowx View Post
    What were ENFPs like in childhood though? One issue of ENFPs is that they're the shy extroverts wanting attention at the same time while needing to be alone.
    I was shy, and pretty nerdy. Teachers pet... Not athletic at all, I'd get absorbed in pretend play for hours... I read a lot. I wanted desperately to be liked and had self confidence issues for a long time.

Into adolescence I became rebellious and social. Hated authority and busy work... Very hedonistic.
    "Sometimes I can feel my bones straining under the weight of all the lives I'm not living."
    —Jonathan Safran Foer, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close
    Likes pinkgraffiti liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by aanule View Post
    I was shy, and pretty nerdy. Teachers pet... Not athletic at all, I'd get absorbed in pretend play for hours... I read a lot. I wanted desperately to be liked and had self confidence issues for a long time.

Into adolescence I became rebellious and social. Hated authority and busy work... Very hedonistic.
    Interesting, I was loud but had some social issues too. I was also absorbed in my own pretend play world, dunno if I was shy though. but I'm more shy and less loud in school which is why I don't know if I'm enfp or infp. I might be the typical enfp or a "black sheep" infp that's more outgoing.

MBTI
    ENFP

Interesting, I was loud but had some social issues too. I was also absorbed in my own pretend play world, dunno if I was shy though. but I'm more shy and less loud in school which is why I don't know if I'm enfp or infp. I might be the typical enfp or a "black sheep" infp that's more outgoing.
    Research the difference between Ne and Fi. That'll tell you. I can be very introverted, but I definitely use Ne most. INFP's use Fi most.
    "Sometimes I can feel my bones straining under the weight of all the lives I'm not living."
    —Jonathan Safran Foer, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by aanule View Post
    Research the difference between Ne and Fi. That'll tell you. I can be very introverted, but I definitely use Ne most. INFP's use Fi most.
    Ne doms often tend to APPEAR rather introverted, because normal people are so fucking boring to them. Ne is extroverted, but it's extroverted "inside your head" more or less.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.
    Likes themightyfetus liked this post

Senior Member Array pinkgraffiti's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

Yes, as a child I was a bit shy, and very curious about people/the world. I had a lot of friends, but i'd also be ok just reading (it actually took me until i was 9 or 10 start reading, before i found it boring). i was thought of as intelligent (although i didn't study) and teachers liked me because i didn't create problems. i never liked belonging to groups so i'd jump from friends to friends, i would also be "used" by other kids to help them solve their communication problems, as I always felt independent and liked to listen to people in 1 on 1 interactions.
    i was a very happy child, and during my first years i actually thought i was god, as everyone seemed to love me and i seemed to be the center of the universe. i unfortunately still feel like that sometimes, so i can be a bit snobbish if i want to. but at the same time, as i child i'd spend so much time just looking observing things and people. i would imagine myself in every person's shoes. i would dream of a distant, exotic country and dream of flying there once. my biggest goal as a child was to not die without taking a plane (i've taken so many since then lol). i would also think a lot about the injustices of the world: i could not comprehend how it was possible for some people to starve. so i decided that whilst people still died of hunger in the world, i could not be happy. it didn't seem fair to me. i also decided that i needed to do something about it, that it would be my mission in life. well, that didn't exactly happen....
    and i dreamt of being a clown. i though adults were too serious and should understand that the important thing in life is laughing, sharing, being happy. i think this was later in my childhood, like age 7 or so. at this time i remember i was already being beaten heavily by my father, and i started being very anxious about this....he was an INTJ...type 5 or 1 i don't know. so i started becoming more rebellious, i didn't want to show my weak side, my sensitivities. i knew that he would hit me whenever i was happy. so i started pretending that i was never happy, even if i was.
    this led to a pre-adolescence where i based my network of affections around my friends. i had a very large group of friends and i felt accepted totally by them, unlike my family. and i was an early teenager, by age 10 i was already exploring my confinements, my sexuality, etc. became very much against authority. started developing very strong interests and moral compass. and blah blah, anything that is normal for a teenager.
    and left home when i was 20. i wanted to explore the world and to finally "be free". i switched so many countries in the space of a few years. met so many people, made so many friends, tried on so many different jobs and ways of living. when i was younger i though that since we only live once, then my goal was to experience life in everyone's shoes. for instance, i would go to china and learn chinese and be integrated with a chinese family for 5 years...then i would go to amazon and they would adopt me, i'd learn the language and culture... BUT in my early 20s i finally understood the problem of this equation: love. you can't forget about the people you left behind, be it family, friends or lovers. all the people that participated in my life left a love and a sorrow.
    so now im 30 and im working on stopping my traveling and going back home. and building something more solid.

was this boring to read? i'm sorry
    Likes Ovid liked this post

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    iee Fi

Hi Starry,

Nice to run into you...we must live in the same neighborhood. I must say it's distressing to hear that the 93% of the population who are not enfp types are exercised to the point of consternation by our well acknowledged conversational style. I soothe myself with the old saw: "what other people think is none of my business."

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    Ne doms often tend to APPEAR rather introverted, because normal people are so fucking boring to them. Ne is extroverted, but it's extroverted "inside your head" more or less.
    Ne doms appear to be more introverted because of the way society functions and how we have been trained. I was not introverted AT ALL until school where talking ='s punishment. Now I don't give a $#&* and will talk to myself .

- - - Updated - - -

Not alone, independent. Big difference.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ilixir View Post
    Basically every "weakness" that ENFP's are cited to have on the internet I have! Self absorption, coming off as flighty, etc. The one place I specifically struggle with is with non-NF friends...or just maybe non-Ne dominants. I don't get how everyone doesn't want to constantly discover more about the world and know everything about everyone.
    Those are not weaknesses.

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by chubber View Post
    When ever I get close to an ENFP, I always get this impression from them.

Then when I start doing some fact checking, this happens.

Ambiverts?
    That's awesome.

Page 62 of 72 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast