User Tag List

First 1151596061626371 Last

enjoyed your insight into the ENFP psyche...highly accurate ... if u think being an ENFP female is hard try being "that way" as a male... yikes!...misunderstandings abound...I am training myself to put some serious limits on the amount of "me" that I share or let out now unless I'm with someone that I really know and who understands me...one of my friends who took something I said recently in the wrong way asked me to furthur clarify my comment and then replied "I never understood that you really don't seem to have a mean bone in your body, do you"...it was quite pleasing to receive that gift of understand from her as well as helped me to understand myself better...I like being "the way I am"...more so as time goes on...thanks again for your insight and effort...and aloha...
    Likes The Wailing Specter liked this post

MBTI
    WILD

Sometimes I wonder if people will finally tell me to "stop speaking out loud everything you're thinking and/or feeling THANKS" . People are too polite. :/
    To exist is to change, to change is to mature, to mature is to go on creating oneself endlessly.
    Henri Bergson

C'est faux de dire: Je pense : on devrait dire : On me pense.
    It is wrong to say: I think. One should say: I am thought.
    Arthur Rimbaud
    Likes five sounds liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Nara View Post
    Sometimes I wonder if people will finally tell me to "stop speaking out loud everything you're thinking and/or feeling THANKS" . People are too polite. :/
    No one has ever told you this before?
    لا تستطيع كسر المكسور
    Likes Zarathustra liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so

I'm noticing a pattern here, ENFPs tend to use fun and jokes as a way to cope with negative emotions. No wonder ENFPs often score an Enneagram 7. This can be healthy to a degree, whenever I'm out with the boys and something goes wrong, I usually spit out a funny observation or something like that to lighten the mood and increase my gangs confidence ("The Inspirer"). As the Enneagram states, in a neurotic individual this can very easily manifest itself in 'running away' from your own negative emotions through having "fun", whether it be through drugs, video games, parties, etc.
    Likes five sounds liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Racer Poet View Post
    I'm noticing a pattern here, ENFPs tend to use fun and jokes as a way to cope with negative emotions. No wonder ENFPs often score an Enneagram 7. This can be healthy to a degree, whenever I'm out with the boys and something goes wrong, I usually spit out a funny observation or something like that to lighten the mood and increase my gangs confidence ("The Inspirer"). As the Enneagram states, in a neurotic individual this can very easily manifest itself in 'running away' from your own negative emotions through having "fun", whether it be through drugs, video games, parties, etc.
    Oh no, this is how 7's cope with negative emotions, and a lot of ENFP's are 7's. I like to dive into them until I reach the bottom. /4 Gotta rep, the way of the 7 is strange to me.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

I do this. A lot. Sometimes it's tiring, especially if people expect you to lift the sprit because you are always doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Oh no, this is how 7's cope with negative emotions, and a lot of ENFP's are 7's. I like to dive into them until I reach the bottom. /4 Gotta rep, the way of the 7 is strange to me.
    I'm 7. And I do that. I thought it would be a thing that ENFP's do in general, but maybe it isn't.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Why am I just seeing this?

Same here...I do have a lot of 7-ish ways being a 4w3 but this isn't one of them. Even if I'm trying to 'distract' myself, it always has a dark or ugly edge to it and self-destructive if I let it go there. Being sp-dom just turns it up higher.
    Likes Qlip, iamnotthepita liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    4) Self-absorbed. Living with my head in the clouds, I don't always see what's going on around me, sorry, and I so don't know how to turn that off! Plz, if you need my help, I'll gladly give it to you, just tap me on the shoulder to get me back to reality though
    This. I actually cried a little after reading your post. I've been feeling a bit down lately and earlier today I went on a walk and I was trying to grasp my head around how Se's see the world and for a fraction of a second I thought I could but then I just felt odd. I almost teared up as I was going through a fake conversation in my head as if to say to someone, "I just can't do it! I can't get my head out of the clouds! I just can't turn it off!" So that hit me like a ton of bricks and the rest of the post seemed as if I was reading about myself. I think most of it is spot on so thank you for this thread and your input!
    “We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we’re curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.” -Walt Disney

This is very true for one of the ENFPs that I know but not sure for others. He jokes first then say "whatever" (with a negative emotion behind it) when really it does bother him.

MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    Why am I just seeing this?

Same here...I do have a lot of 7-ish ways being a 4w3 but this isn't one of them. Even if I'm trying to 'distract' myself, it always has a dark or ugly edge to it and self-destructive if I let it go there. Being sp-dom just turns it up higher.
    LOL. So accurate. Even my distraction jokes are morbid.
    "I weigh less than a slice of bread."