User Tag List

Page 5 of 73 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Common ENFP issues

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

Thanks for making me feel worse stalement. Thanks a lot.

Professional Trickster Array Esoteric Wench's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by stalemate View Post
    I don't relate to much of the list in the OP. Most of the stuff in the misunderstandings just sounds like generally poor social skills. Social stuff is one of my strongest areas, so I don't relate to those misunderstandings much at all.
    Comeonnnnnn, stalemate!

I assume you're not fault free, are you? 'Cause if you are, that would be quite the gift from the heavens.

So if you don't relate much to the list in the OP, then what are your challenges / points of miscommunication / etc.? Let's here here 'em.

ENFP with kick*ss Te | 7w8 so | ♀

Post-Humorously Array stalemate's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by Esoteric Wench View Post
    Comeonnnnnn, stalemate!

I assume you're not fault free, are you? 'Cause if you are, that would be quite the gift from the heavens.

So if you don't relate much to the list in the OP, then what are your challenges / points of miscommunication / etc.? Let's here here 'em.

No, definitely have issues. Avoidance, chaos, and procrastination all apply just from the OP of this thread. I am on my phone so it is hard to reference the OP right this second but there are probably other things that apply to me as well.

But, almost everything in the first section of the OP really just comes down to being unaware or not caring how what you are doing is affecting other people and I don't really have that issue at all.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

OK, not on my phone anymore... here are some of my personal issues...

* Huge problems with procrastination.
    * Follow through... it depends. If I tell someone I am going to do something for them, I generally do it. If it is some kind of project of my own or something, it is less certain. Usually once I have been far enough down the road to prove to myself that something can work, I am no longer interested in finishing it.
    * Trouble saying no in general.
    * Going along with the above, I will put off giving someone bad news for way too long because I just hate when everyone can't have everything they want.
    * It is basically impossible to pin me down on a time for anything. Which might be why I don't have many problems with follow through when someone is depending on me. I just don't commit to much in the first place.
    * I often don't do things because I am afraid my idea of them is better than what they will really be once I do them. I end up holding onto the dream and taking no action because I am afraid the reality will disappoint me. This affects lots of things in my life, honestly.

I know there are more, that's just off the top of my head. It is really just the 'Misunderstandings' part of the OP that doesn't hit for me at all. I probably do have some issues with #9 and once in a while #6 though.

This is so me it's INSANE. And to think I thought I was an individual...lol. Thank God I'm not alone in this though.

Quote Originally Posted by Satine View Post
    1) Weirdness. NeFi tends to give ENFPs a weird, zany kind of aura, making them come off as erratic, random, flaky, illogical and sometimes socially retarded, despite being so annoyingly likable. ENFPs tend to run circles around people and need to play with thoughts and ideas a bit before settling on a conclusion, to make sure they've seen it from all angles and to make sure it actually fits accurately into their inner world (or if their inner world needs adjusting). This playfulness can also be displayed just for fun, making it sometimes hard to see where the ENFP is going with a certain train of thought (if they're going somewhere at all with it). Rest assured though, there's always a motivation, drive and reason for it.
    No kidding. People have always just thought I was really weird...whether intentional or not. Sometimes I try to be weird because I see it as more interesting and more entertaining, but sometimes I am really just trying to figure out what point I want to get at...and people think I'm...strange. Lol.

3) Flirting. Due to the ENFP tendency to jump right to the intimate part of the relationship (the need to get to know people for who they are) and them not receiving or losing the copy of the social guidelines manual, ENFPs are often perceived to be big flirts when they're actually just genuinly intrigued by people. (to avoid future derail on this, I'll admit that I too was like this but I have become a conscious flirt over time!)
    Serious problem. I'm just trying to be friendly, people!

4) Crude and insensitive. Their Ne can sometimes get ahead of them, causing them to toss out blunt things before socially filtering them and framing them better. This especially happens when they're overly excited about some new piece of information.
    This is a HUGE problem for me. I'm working on it because I really feel that it needs to be more improved. Focus on trying to use my Ti a bit more, maybe.

7) Leading people on. As ENFPs tend to share intimate details easily with others, and often have others reciprocate, a misunderstanding can arise between the two people in that relationship as to the status of the other person. ENFPs tend to love easily and like spreading that love, making people feel loved and being loved in return. It creates a special harmony, a being in sync that's very pleasurable, as well as a bond which makes everyone feel safe. However, as time is limited and there are many people to get to know and love, it can put pressure on the already existing relationships. Also, Fi doesn't require frequent contact to keep this bond alive. This often leaves the other partner feeling hurt and rejected, while the ENFP's affection really hasn't waned at all. Similarly, it can give the illusion of a stronger bond than was intended by the ENFP:
    Yep. I have a tendency to really want to connect with everyone...but there's only so much time in the world, so you've got to pick and choose your favorite people. Oftentimes people think they are more important to me than they actually are. I may adore them, but only in a temporary way..."out of sight, out of mind" is what it can come down to. Unless you were REALLY important to me.

9) Always talking about ME. ENFPs tend to speak in the 'I'-person, because they experience everything in such an individualistic way. Add to that that we know most people find us weird and we don't wanna speak for others who might experience things different as we're often told that we're the outsiders anyways. On top of that there's a serious need to be understood as the desire to connect is there but clearly it's hard as we're weird This tends to grate people to no end, despite the good intentions of the ENFP as it seems to be all about 'him'. Also, we work with analogies a lot, which is our way of relating. When someone tells us something, the way to let them know that we understand what they're saying is by equally sharing a similar story. Quid pro quo basically. You tell me something about yourself and I'll sync up with you by sharing something similar about myself. This is the way to get to know each other. Unfortunately, we can get wrapped up in that process, and get overenthused in sharing...
    No kidding! Why would I want to talk about somebody else? Then I'm just speaking for them! Who wants to be spoken for? People want to speak for themselves, so they ought to pitch in their two cents and believe me, I WILL listen. My response is likely to revolve around my own experiences...to show others that they aren't alone and that I honestly know where they're coming from. Nodding, listening, and inserting the appropriate "I'm sorry" just doesn't cut it for me. You want to have a serious conversation, you've got to be willing to put something worthwhile into it.

1) Chaos, chaos, chaos. My god, do we live in a world of chaos. Plz don't ask me where my phone is, or my keys, though I will find things that I don't use that often easily in my mess. And there's no way I have the attention span to actually make a system and stick to it
    I can't count the number of times I've left my keys in the ignition of my car, lost my homework, forgotten to do something someone asked me to...it goes on and on. A day doesn't go by that I'm not living in a world of chaos.

5) Drama Queen. Fi can feel sooooo f*cking intense, it burns. The pain can be overwhelming. Unloading on others however...not very nice, however hard it can be to contain yourself. Learning social rules and having a close friend who understands you is a definite must.
    No kidding! No amount of reasoning or advice will ever make the Fi stop burning. I have a close friend like that, and he's an INFP. It helps a LOT.

1) I really really hate what I perceive to be emotional guilttripping ( I grew up in a house of Fe-people, not all equally healthy). It makes me rebel beyond all reason. If you ask me to do something for you genuinly, I'll jump through every hoop to make it so, if I know it to be important to you. Whine that I haven't done it yet, while you didn't even ask, and I'll bend over backwards and cut my own throat before I give you what you want. I *am* working on this
    WHEN WILL MY DAD GET THIS THROUGH HIS HEAD? Some people - particularly my dad - think I am stubborn and unhelpful because I refuse to do things for them. THIS IS BECAUSE YOU ARE GUILTTRIPPING ME BEFORE EVEN GIVING ME A CHANCE TO AGREE TO DO IT. If you're going to assume I will refuse to help, I will give you exactly what you expected. If you'd like to ask nicely, I'd be happy to offer my assistance.
    Enneagram Results

--3w6 sx/so

Type 3 Image Focus |||||||||||||||||||| 85%
    Type 6 Anxiety |||||||||||||||||| 77%
    Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||||||||| 70%
    Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||||| 60%
    Type 4 Hypersensitivity |||||||||||||| 60%
    Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||||||| 57%
    Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||||| 44%
    Type 9 Calmness |||||| 27%
    Type 5 Detachment |||| 11%

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    My issues with ENFPs, and they seem quite common..

Jumping to conclusions and reacting to them before all the facts are known.

Anyone seen that Video that was posted a few days ago about the guy who went to Europe for 2 weeks and His girlfriend seemed oblivious to the fact he was leaving and spent the next 2 weeks reacting rather poorly?

That is an extreme case of what I mean.

And...

They seem to be very good at the labeling game. Like what I mean is. If I say am against the idea of a gay pride parade, I am not asked why or to explain myself.. Nope.. I am homophobic.
    As ashamed as I am to admit it, this is so me. Lately I've been working on trying to change that, but it isn't easy. I expect the worst, and I react to it with intensity.

Also, if you don't like the idea of a gay pride parade, how are you NOT homophobic?

Haha. Just an example of what I mean. Yes, I am a labeller...but only because the label makes sense to me. I never bothered to take into consideration the fact that maybe you just don't like parades, lol. When I see all the other possibilities later (usually AFTER I freaked out on the person), I feel terrible about my assumptions. I have a bad habit of needing an immediate explanation for things...and it never turns out very well.
    Enneagram Results

--3w6 sx/so

Type 3 Image Focus |||||||||||||||||||| 85%
    Type 6 Anxiety |||||||||||||||||| 77%
    Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||||||||| 70%
    Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||||| 60%
    Type 4 Hypersensitivity |||||||||||||| 60%
    Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||||||| 57%
    Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||||| 44%
    Type 9 Calmness |||||| 27%
    Type 5 Detachment |||| 11%

MBTI
    Bast
    Enneagram
    Nix
    Socionics
    HSP None

We seem to have two types of ENFP here...

Perhaps the Te-variant and the Fi-variant? Fi being a bitch to wrangle and making us go very deep into ourselves, taking aw hlie to develop (causing those social problems but making us very approachable to others) and Te being the drill sergeant, getting things done and making others more uncomfortable but without really giving those intimacy problems that Fi gives us?

I've thought of another tendency:

Not listening. ENFPs wanna listen but get too caught up in NeSi giving it all the scenarios where they were in a similar position as the person they're listening too and going into oversharing drive instead of understanding the other person needs to vent, resulting in the Me-me-me feeling instead of a good sync-up.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Be careful what you believe, because that is the world you'll create - Cassie Nightingale

Banned Array
    MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    5w4

I don't know what you people are talking about. Every time you describe yourselves, you seem like perfectly normal social people to me. And I'm not even saying that to be nice,, I'm just being observant. The topic has been labeled "Issues" yet so far I've not seen any issues, except for the continuious stretching and pulling for (invisible?) facts in each and every one of your posts.

MBTI
    Bast
    Enneagram
    Nix
    Socionics
    HSP None

Lol...sweetheart, don't forget you've got the same functions and thoughtprocess as us. I aint making this shit up, most of it has been candidly contributed by the people I've met over the years
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Be careful what you believe, because that is the world you'll create - Cassie Nightingale

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by Satine View Post
    Not listening. ENFPs wanna listen but get too caught up in NeSi giving it all the scenarios where they were in a similar position as the person they're listening too and going into oversharing drive instead of understanding the other person needs to vent, resulting in the Me-me-me feeling instead of a good sync-up.
    I have this issue at times.

Page 5 of 73 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast