User Tag List

First 37454647484957 Last

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by disco View Post
    Hi, everyone- I'm new here. I really enjoy this thread, although I haven't read all of it yet.

A few questions:

1.) What strategies do you use to overcome the follow-through problem? I'm a dreamer and I just can't seem to make much tangible progress. I'm extremely hardworking on something that inspires me, but that isn't constant every day.
    Flex your Te. Satisfying to do lists and deadlines. Do it now, now, now. Learn to push through boredom and tedium. Sometimes, medication helps.

2.) I know that most people say that ENFPs are the ones leading people on, but I find that I'm the one seeking more closeness than people seem willing enough to give me. I'm the one checking in with my friends and family and putting out more effort that way. I get disappointed and disenchanted with people often as a result. I have the feeling that they always let me down. Does anybody else have this experience?
    Yes, I think thats fi desire for intimacy. I think it's something you learn through trial and error where to invest in and find. And then when you feel more secure because y have that connection yuou will find y have less of an urgency for it.

3.) I absolutely hate inauthenicity. When somebody flatters me (and seems to be buttering me up rather than being honest) or has a lovey-dovey gushy communication style it makes me want to puke. I have somebody like this in my immediate family (the family I married into) and it's really difficult to manage. I never want to respond to the icky gushy texts, etc. Anybody have this experience also?
    1) Don't write off overt shows of emotion or sweetness as fake. Its funny how people read different things as real or fake depending on the language they understand. Guahinessnfrom acquaintances and strangers can make me embarrassed (though from friends it's appreciated ) but I understand everyone has their own way of doing things. I think fe and fi can cross wires often and get interpreted as fake or manipulative when the intent is not meant that way and the person is being authentic in their own way.

2) Play along mnowing that ybwont get sucked in. If its not your cup of tea just give minimal answers or respond as if the person were riting normal texts and speaking in a more monotone manner. Gushy people aren't necessarily asking you to also be gushy if you look at it that way you won't find it so invasive.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Idk
    Socionics
    ENFp

Getting in trouble for analyzing anything an everything. :/

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Biancaaa View Post
    That sounds like INTP
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Idk
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    That sounds like INTP
    But I'm not an INTP x) I've tested as INTP in one of my classes before I knew I was an ENFP. Also, I recently asked my mom how many people it takes for something to be "normal" in society just because I was curious how numbers change people's opinion who like to fit in (which I don't)... And she said "Google it!" so yeah... Getting everyone to understand my thoughts is something like herding cats. :P

MBTI
    enfp

i know what you mean, i seem to overrate the significance of things all the time and analyse them endlessly, while the rest of the world just moves on to other things...

MBTI
    ENFP

I really see so much of me in this description. The other thing I do that is totally annoying to me and often to others is always assume I've done something wrong to cause problems in relationships. Then, I get in this insane , "trying to fix it" mode, which makes me feel like a crazy person, and the other person just gets irritated.
    Be present. Be adventurous.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    ? sx/so

If you mean in the way of analyzing every single word, action and reaction of other people with thousands of different possibilities, you are so incredibly right.
    I see this as a huge strength of ENFPs, and other types with Ne dom too; because we naturally know what people really meant or want despite their words. But when our Fi aux comes in the way, it starts to get really ugly...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

What about seeing patterns in the behavior of others around you but being blind to them in self? It's strange but I'm my own blind spot.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEx None

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    What about seeing patterns in the behavior of others around you but being blind to them in self? It's strange but I'm my own blind spot.
    Actually, all types have that, but Ne makes you double paranoid about it, ime, as it is focused on reconning all angles
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Be careful what you believe, because that is the world you'll create - Cassie Nightingale

WALMART

Their brains are too sexy.

But I'm not an INTP x) I've tested as INTP in one of my classes before I knew I was an ENFP. Also, I recently asked my mom how many people it takes for something to be "normal" in society just because I was curious how numbers change people's opinion who like to fit in (which I don't)... And she said "Google it!" so yeah... Getting everyone to understand my thoughts is something like herding cats. :P

Only enfp's make cat herding analogies