User Tag List

First 28363738394048 Last

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Quite and it relates perfectly to this 'the whole is greater than the sum of it's parts statement...
    I don't disagree. My lousy equation only meant that it is preferable that the individuals be wholesome before they come together to form a team. I dislike the idea that a relationship is a personal excuse for me to not improve my weaker areas.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Quite and it relates perfectly to this 'the whole is greater than the sum of it's parts statement...

Of course, the typical ENFP issue is that they don't understand that others may have things they value more than washing their damned dishes and doing their boring tax returns @_@.
    totally...just because some types are better at prioritizing their time and taking care of their responsibilities doesn't mean that's what they want to be doing...a better goal might be to earn enough money to hire an accountant and someone to clean and organize your house for you and try to find someone who gives you the really important things you need and vice versa.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

actually i kind of like doing the dishes

two thoughts...

Quote Originally Posted by John Donne
    No man is an island, entire of itself
    2. two things that must be achieved and balanced on one's own:
    • self-confidence (how to accept love)
    • humility (how to love)

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    3w4

A lot of ENFP threads confuse me sometimes, such as this one.

While I think that my type is correct and I have the right preferences I do NOT seem to have a lot of the same tendencies that is stereotyped to ENFPs.

For one, I am NOT flaky or chaotic. I'm on time, I am ambitious, and I have back up plans. From reading the first post in this thread, I did not connect with over half of the "tendencies" posted. What could this be from?

P.S. I would have read through the whole thread to see if anyone else posted something similar, but 38 pages is A LOT of pages and I have to go to work. Forgive me if this has been posted before.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by Malkavia View Post

While I think that my type is correct and I have the right preferences I do NOT seem to have a lot of the same tendencies that is stereotyped to ENFPs.

For one, I am NOT flaky or chaotic. I'm on time, I am ambitious, and I have back up plans. From reading the first post in this thread, I did not connect with over half of the "tendencies" posted. What could this be from?

P.S. I would have read through the whole thread to see if anyone else posted something similar, but 38 pages is A LOT of pages and I have to go to work. Forgive me if this has been posted before.
    agree with this. My differences are that I'm a lot more reserved about completely trusting the natural goodness in other people, not very "cavalier" about taking risks, and also have very ambitious plans that are not very typical of an ENFP.

I also used to have a problem turning people down for various favors or things, but it does get better with practice and experience. It's like I'm acutely aware of an ENFP's weaknesses and stay constantly vigilant about them.

Also, an ENFP at age 15 is going to look VERY different from one at 25 and 35 and 45.

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Interesting. I feel like I'm more mature than a lot of other ENFPs I see around (not trying to sound pretentious, promise). Granted, I had to become independent at a very young age and this has probably influenced me a lot.

I actually connected on a lot of things you said. I seem to be more skeptical than normal, more ambitious, less trusting, and I used be too independent and refused to ask for help although I have gotten better as well.

MBTI
    ISFJ

What do you guys mean by ambitious? And what's your enneagram Malkavia/Crusoe?

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    3w4

I've never taken the enneagram before. Should I?

By ambitious I mean I'm not afraid to do things nobody else has and thinking outside the box.

(If youre interested in background read the paragraph below if not just skip it)

I'm a first generation college student (out of my entire family), I knew what my passion was and have stuck with it. I am now currently a Fulbright Scholar finishing up my masters and Im shooting for working the International Committee for the Red Cross. To me, thats crazy for someone to go from a town of 1,200 in East Texas to the working for a competitive company in the Middle East. I do not feel like I see this permanent, dedicated, ambition in my fellow ENFPs. I'm not trying to condescend in ANY way, it just makes me feel like I don't belong sometimes.

To me ambition means dedication, loyal, thinking outside of the box, and working through obstacles that seem impossible to work through.

Does this help?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

I've never taken the enneagram before. Should I?

By ambitious I mean I'm not afraid to do things nobody else has and thinking outside the box.

(If youre interested in background read the paragraph below if not just skip it)

I'm a first generation college student (out of my entire family), I knew what my passion was and have stuck with it. I am now currently a Fulbright Scholar finishing up my masters and Im shooting for working the International Committee for the Red Cross. To me, thats crazy for someone to go from a town of 1,200 in East Texas to the working for a competitive company in the Middle East. I do not feel like I see this permanent, dedicated, ambition in my fellow ENFPs. I'm not trying to condescend in ANY way, it just makes me feel like I don't belong sometimes.

To me ambition means dedication, loyal, thinking outside of the box, and working through obstacles that seem impossible to work through.

Does this help?
    That's not unusual. ENFPs with strong Te can accomplish great things.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Really, there should only be some vague correlations at best. The connection between our thought processes and the outward expression of them giving rise to common issues is by no means predictable or uniform. So, it would be ludicrous to try to type yourself according to type profiles or how well you relate to people on this thread.

In my mind, the older we get, the less likely we are to match these speculative stereotypes, because experiences become the dominant influence, and we adjust our behaviors in response to them.

I've come to question whether experiences or thought processes have the upper hand in behavior in general... if it is experience (or environment, parenting, etc.), then all of the type profiles, along with most of the threads on this forum are obsolete.

"OMG I FEEEEEEEEEL SO INTENSELY ABOUT EVERYTHING OMG OMG OMG GET ME A XANAX" -Priam (ENFP impersonation)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :bye:
  • :)
  • :hi:
  • :happy2:
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :D
  • :hug:
  • :wink:
  • ;)
  • :newwink: