User Tag List

First 25333435363745 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Devil Flamingo View Post
    Does anyone else feel like... "dumb" sometimes because they FEEL they understand something, rather than KNOW they do? It must be because I am new to this thing, but I keep reading all this stuff about MBTI functions (all this Ne, Fi, Se, etc. I keep seeing O_o) and I feel like I'm not getting it? I AM NOT DENSE I SWEAR. But it takes me so long to process this sort of thing because... I dunno, I have to get a "feel" of what's being said, even if in my head it's making sense? XD I'm probably just dumb.
    yeah i relate to this
    I'm so jealous of ENFPs who can do math. O_o I don't feel at all like I understand math.

i know math very well but i dont have interest in it (or other sciences) because i am interested in typical NF things - so.. that can be frustrating a lot too, the thing that i have the biggest talent for is completely uninteresting to me. and other things that i like, i didnt still find something that i am so good in as i am in math. very irritating.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Devil Flamingo View Post
    tl;dr - potential ENFP issue = good at language, bad at math/etc.? (what I call "logical shit") :>
    lol.

i like logical stuff... i aspire to be good at it... aaaaand completely lack the patience for it.

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    lol.

i like logical stuff... i aspire to be good at it... aaaaand completely lack the patience for it.
    The patience thing is funny, because one of my weird quirks that doesn't fit the rest of my personality is I like some meticulous things. I've never been good at drawing or painting, but things like maths, untangling complete messes of rope or wool, looking through statistics, sorting papers into groups, rearranging my cd collection into perfect order, proof reading documents, they give me a calming, peaceful feeling.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    The patience thing is funny, because one of my weird quirks that doesn't fit the rest of my personality is I like some meticulous things. I've never been good at drawing or painting, but things like maths, untangling complete messes of rope or wool, looking through statistics, sorting papers into groups, rearranging my cd collection into perfect order, proof reading documents, they give me a calming, peaceful feeling.
    hehe, actually, i have that same meticulous thing but with different stuff. i do like drawing and painting, and i used to love math worksheets. i do untangling (usually jewelry in my case) and rearranging and proofing things too. i love sorting. i totally agree, it's calming and comfortable.

when i said logical i was thinking INTP-style mathematical theorizing... gah...

hehe, actually, i have that same meticulous thing but with different stuff. i do like drawing and painting, and i used to love math worksheets. i do untangling (usually jewelry in my case) and rearranging and proofing things too. i love sorting. i totally agree, it's calming and comfortable.

Yeh, I'm good at math and logic, but tire with that really meticulous logical stuff . One of my dad's favourite lines used to be "slow down and solve the problem properly!". I find on practical things I have a lot more patience when it comes to understanding the problem and solving it though.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

I have thought off and on about offering an untangling service for a fee!

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

I was a maths major and I do well enough at logic. I do find that my NT peers are better than me at that though. I usually have to turn the logical notation into word to really get it.
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors

Junior Member ClearHeartGreyFlower's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

3) I *suck* at finding things. Like, seriously suck at it. I have my INTJ find it all for me, because, even if I bother, I'll go over a spot 4 times and still not find the item I need.
    You know, all the stuff you said in the first post is close to dead on me, but this reminded me so much of my daily life. Lol. Mostly because my boyfriend is an INTP and he finds things so easily (even though being a P...I think he's borderline to J), but sure as hell finds things better than me either way. I lose EVERYTHING at some point.
    Extroverted (E) 55.88% | Introverted (I) 44.12%
    Intuitive (N) 80.65% | Sensing (S) 19.35%
    Feeling (F) 69.7% | Thinking (T) 30.3%
    Perceiving (P) 71.43% | Judging (J) 28.57%

Last night a little dancer
    came dancing to my door
    Last night my little angel
    came pumping on the floor
    She said "Come on baby
    I got a licence for love
    And if it expires pray
    help from above"

Junior Member ClearHeartGreyFlower's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Originally Posted by Devil Flamingo
    tl;dr - potential ENFP issue = good at language, bad at math/etc.? (what I call "logical shit") :>
    Actually, I am somewhat good at language...English classes though, I really have no patience for them, they are too narrow about how you can write and that other uninteresting restricting stuff...I don't fit with guidelines very well...when I write, I wanna write about what I want and the way I want...creative writing classes are better :P.

And I do suck at math. You got that one right.

Science I am iffy at.
    Only if it interests me. (<-- isn't that about the story of my life?)
    Extroverted (E) 55.88% | Introverted (I) 44.12%
    Intuitive (N) 80.65% | Sensing (S) 19.35%
    Feeling (F) 69.7% | Thinking (T) 30.3%
    Perceiving (P) 71.43% | Judging (J) 28.57%

Last night a little dancer
    came dancing to my door
    Last night my little angel
    came pumping on the floor
    She said "Come on baby
    I got a licence for love
    And if it expires pray
    help from above"

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Really? Wow, this is news to me. I'm another detangler/untangler. I really really enjoy it too, haha.
    I remember untangling a fine gold chain that was essentially one solid lump of mess. I was paid £1 for it, which was a fair price back then ;-). I liked the challange of it more than the money
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"