User Tag List

First 22303132333442 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    I just took a developmental psychology class from an ENFP male. He was incredibly nice and well-intentioned but he drove me up the wall. We had to hear, "This might offend some of you but.....", "In my estimation...", "In my personal bias..." every few minutes in a 2 hour 15 minute class. He would go on these personal political tangents every few minutes. It's ok for people to have their own opinions but I wish he would have kept it out of the classroom.

Also, he kept telling us he thought he was losing his mind (in all seriousness) but based on previous experiences with him, I highly doubted that. It turned out nothing was wrong with him.

I know this isn't indicative of all (probably even most ENFPs.... marm's post just reminded me of him).
    I do that all the time, especially with people I KNOW are easily offended.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEx None

At this point I'd like to ask the general public to contribute if they feel that certain behavioral patterns commonly found in ENFPs have not been mentioned or clearly explained yet.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Be careful what you believe, because that is the world you'll create - Cassie Nightingale

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Satine View Post
    At this point I'd like to ask the general public to contribute if they feel that certain behavioral patterns commonly found in ENFPs have not been mentioned or clearly explained yet.
    Yes, why are so many ENFP women so warm and cuddly and attractive, and well hot???

Also, an answer of "Scott, because your an INFP, and NFP's tend to be attracted to other NFP's" does NOT count as an acceptable answer...

a only slighlty mroe serious question, given how popular ENFP's are, how to do you deal witha ll of the people who want to talk to you, be around you, spend time with you, etc. ENFP's tend to be very open and accepting IMO, and thats gotta put a lot of demand on one's time and social life afterall

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Just a thought, do we have an "ask an ENFP" thread?
    I think we should if we don't yet,
    after you (splays arms in a grandiose gesture of you first), no no after you my dear
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by Scott N Denver View Post
    a only slighlty mroe serious question, given how popular ENFP's are, how to do you deal witha ll of the people who want to talk to you, be around you, spend time with you, etc. ENFP's tend to be very open and accepting IMO, and thats gotta put a lot of demand on one's time and social life afterall
    I don't know about all ENFP's but I personally have two very different sides of me. When I'm with people (at work, when at parties etc.), I'm really with people, 100%: I share the athmosphere, I enjoy the interaction... But I accept only really few as my "real" friends. I'm really selective with people whom I spend my freetime with. I'm quite difficult this way, lol. Even if I share a lot of things with people and I'm really open, I still feel that people don't really know me and even if people think I'm open, I'm not really open. It's hard to explain. People tend to "judge" me the wrong way but I don't see it worth of it trying to make them see me because based on my experience, they do not understand.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Scott N Denver View Post
    haha, simple question, complicated answer (for me)...

1. unfortunately, i have less energy for spending with people than people seem to want to spend with me... i don't see myself as super popular or anything, but for whatever reason i generally have more invitations than i can handle... i'm generally a good bullshitter but i'm very bad at turning people down (i come off as fake) and i do care about and love people so i don't like to turn them down often. so sometimes i accidentally overextend myself - it doesn't feel like it in the moment, because i really enjoy being with people, but later, when i'm exhausted, i realize.

2. similar to what alcea rose was talking about, i can be very open and accepting but i think some people assume that because i go deep i've shown them everything - especially people who tend to hide things deeply. but i don't hide my depth; i hide my range. for example most people have no idea i'm a theoretical physics nerd. and that is mostly through no fault of their own - i don't share that much - but sometimes people quickly dismiss me because they think they've seen everything. they don't bother to dig further than what i put out there. i will interact with happily with those who assume they have me down, because i genuinely like them, but i also am way less likely to devote my time to them on the whole.

3. some people, i just don't get along with as well. some come on REALLY strong and forceful to me, or are very critical, or generally in a bad mood, and others just have something about them that i dislike enough that, while i usually still like them or at least care about them, i feel like it works better for both of us if we don't interact as much. so i tend to avoid spending large amounts of time with them. i imagine this holds true for most people in general.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    haha, simple question, complicated answer (for me)...

2. similar to what alcea rose was talking about, i can be very open and accepting but i think some people assume that because i go deep i've shown them everything - especially people who tend to hide things deeply. but i don't hide my depth; i hide my range. for example most people have no idea i'm a theoretical physics nerd. and that is mostly through no fault of their own - i don't share that much - but sometimes people quickly dismiss me because they think they've seen everything. they don't bother to dig further than what i put out there. i will interact with happily with those who assume they have me down, because i genuinely like them, but i also am way less likely to devote my time to them on the whole.
    I like how you put it.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by HotpinkHeatwave View Post
    When an ENFP's Tertiary Te kicks in, full blast, and you start caring less about how your words make people feel, and you sometimes come off as a total bitch/smartass.

Dunno if any other ENFP has experienced this, but I certainly have.
    Yes this happens to me most definitely. I can definitely go into what I call "ENTP" mode.
    http://bohemianextrovert.wordpress.com/
    Please excuse the long drawn out ramble above.
    I have to hear what I've said before I know what I think.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

MBTI
    ENFP

^^Same here. I can complain and complain about the efficiency of a situation w/o taking peoples' feelings into account. Efficiency, doing things right as quickly as possible, planning etc., is an obsession of mine. Is that Te?

I can be slapdash but only when I'm confident.
    Quote Originally Posted by HotpinkHeatwave View Post
    I do that all the time, especially with people I KNOW are easily offended.
    Same here. Especially introverted types. Love pressing those buttons. I mash all of them at the same time without knowing it.
    George Bernard Shaw in cartoon form.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by angelhair45 View Post
    Yes this happens to me most definitely. I can definitely go into what I call "ENTP" mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vamp View Post
    ^^Same here. I can complain and complain about the efficiency of a situation w/o taking peoples' feelings into account. Efficiency, doing things right as quickly as possible, planning etc., is an obsession of mine. Is that Te?

I can be slapdash but only when I'm confident.
    Technically, it's more of an ESTJ mode.

Ne Fi Te Si
    ENFP-ESTJ

Te is about arranging the world around you in ways that "make sense." In ENFPs that haven't worked with their Te function much, it ends up coming out like a bossy, know-it-all ESTJ (or ENTJ, even, since the Si might not be that emphasized, but ESTJ is typical), in the late teens, without a lot of sensitivity towards others' feelings or circumstances. Some ENFPs I know note that Fi seems to "shut off" for the duration. I believe it's possible to apply Fi and Te in concert, but it takes time and practice.