User Tag List

First 21293031323341 Last

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Probably something related to Montessori or right-brained education, like teaching "gifted" kids or some creative field of teaching; or child/adolescent psychology; or International Studies/foreign language/cultural studies.

That's my guess.
    I just took a developmental psychology class from an ENFP male. He was incredibly nice and well-intentioned but he drove me up the wall. We had to hear, "This might offend some of you but.....", "In my estimation...", "In my personal bias..." every few minutes in a 2 hour 15 minute class. He would go on these personal political tangents every few minutes. It's ok for people to have their own opinions but I wish he would have kept it out of the classroom.

Also, he kept telling us he thought he was losing his mind (in all seriousness) but based on previous experiences with him, I highly doubted that. It turned out nothing was wrong with him.

I know this isn't indicative of all (probably even most ENFPs.... marm's post just reminded me of him).

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    I just took a developmental psychology class from an ENFP male. He was incredibly nice and well-intentioned but he drove me up the wall. We had to hear, "This might offend some of you but.....", "In my estimation...", "In my personal bias..." every few minutes in a 2 hour 15 minute class. He would go on these personal political tangents every few minutes. It's ok for people to have their own opinions but I wish he would have kept it out of the classroom.

Also, he kept telling us he thought he was losing his mind (in all seriousness) but based on previous experiences with him, I highly doubted that. It turned out nothing was wrong with him.

I know this isn't indicative of all (probably even most ENFPs.... marm's post just reminded me of him).

very-developed Fi and not-very-developed Te alert

sorry you had to endure that, sounds like he was a great guy and extremely annoying to you! an NFJ friend of mine in college and i had a professor very much like this who i suspect was ENFP, mayyybe INFP. he was a really sweet older man, went on random ass tangents all the time, cancelled class when he felt like it, didn't really give us any homework, and was incredibly brilliant. we both thought he was adorable in his own way but while i LOVED his class, she thought it was kinda useless and annoying, lol...

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post

very-developed Fi and not-very-developed Te alert
    That's a little scary to hear. He was 65... I thought most people were supposed to develop tertiary functions by their mid 20s, lol.

That's a little scary to hear. He was 65... I thought most people were supposed to develop tertiary functions by their mid 20s, lol.
    nah, more like in mid life they are developing tertiary...
    other things are wishful thinking

most people dont have well developed 2nd function by 60 anyway.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post

You have to give things a few years to mature. Eventually your "silliness" will be much more restrained (by your own choice!)
    Yep.

I'M OUTTA HERE.

IT'S BEEN FUN.

TAKE CARE.

PEACE OUT!!!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

lol...

well, he could have well-developed Te and just not care to use it, i guess? i think what develops and how it develops depends a lot on your environment/circumstances too...

if he just liked his Ne and Fi better, who knows. he could just say screw it. if he's got tenure then he doesn't necessarily need Te to get along

you might have liked my developmental prof better? looking back i'm almost 100% sure she was INFJ, very strong J preference. damn strong Ti too. nice lady but i couldn't stand her as a prof, because she'd skip around in her presentations and then test us on material she didn't even mention. given, it's fair game, but it's still frustrating when your chapters cover upwards of 100 pages.
    Last edited by skylights; 08-18-2010 at 03:54 PM. Reason: realized about Ti

MBTI
    ENFP

So nice to read I'm not the only one whose feels a bit hopeless at times, not finishing projects, maintaining contact with people etc although I think a lot of people are like that nowadays. I think what we have to realise is that although we have these traits we also display the opposite and aren't giving ourselves enough credit. For example when we think we "forget things all the time" that is an imbalanced perspective that is harsh on us because there are more times than not when we actually have remembered. Also we all hold every trait known to man as do all other personality types. The things that bug us about the other personality types are the very things we just dont acknowledge within ourselves. It's called "the mirror". Often we just display our traits in different ways at different times but we would all get along a lot better if people start to notice that when someone else is for example being "grumpy" and it pisses us off, we might wanna ask when we've displayed that trait ourselves. For those human behaviour junkies check out Dr John Demartini, he explains it rather well.:crazy::crazy:
    Last edited by TreeHouse; 08-20-2010 at 09:14 AM. Reason: adding more info, correcting poor grammar

MBTI
    ENFP

Is it wrong that I just put up this post so I could have a rummage through the smiley people? I mean a dancin, joint smokin, afro wearin banana just appeals to me. Am I the only one?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    EII

not in the least
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Introverted Feeling (46.7)
    Extraverted Intuition (45.7)
    Introverted Intuition (37.5)
    Introverted Thinking(26.5)
    Extraverted Feeling (25.4)
    Extraverted Thinking (22.1)
    Extraverted Sensing (19.5)
    Introverted Sensing (17.0)

When an ENFP's Tertiary Te kicks in, full blast, and you start caring less about how your words make people feel, and you sometimes come off as a total bitch/smartass.

Dunno if any other ENFP has experienced this, but I certainly have.