• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] Common ENFP issues

Malkavia

MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
3w4
Having a natural flirtatious way of talking to people but then when someone actually flirts with you, you freeze up and have no idea what to do.

Whomp.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Anyone have a hard time staying organized and focused at work? I love my job, it's fast-paced, I see kids of all ages for short periods of time throughout my day, and I'm physically up and moving while still using my brain. You'd think I'd be able to deal with the mountains of paperwork, but it just shuts me down! I lose things, miss check boxes, and become so stressed out and overwhelmed by all of the legal documents and multiple deadlines. And when I get home, forget it! I already hated house work and cleaning, so after a day or week trying to keep up at work, cleaning my house is at the very bottom of my list. That, of course, leaves me less prepared for the work week and scrambling again. Can anyone help an ENFP sister out?!

S

Stansmith

-The world not living up to your expectations

-People taking your friendliness and genuine interest as having some sort of ulterior motive.

-Feeling effeminate/childlike compared to other males your age

-Feeling such an intense interest in another person for no logical reason

-Feeling like other people your age are so rigid and mundane when it comes to socializing. For example, lots of urban teens would rather smoke weed/hookah or drink in a tiny ugly apartment than doing something that's actually memorable and novel.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

-People taking your friendliness as having some sort of ulterior motive.

-Feeling like other people your age are so rigid and mundane when it comes to socializing. For example, lots of urban teens would rather smoke weed/hookah or drink in a tiny ugly apartment than doing something that's actually memorable and novel.
Yes! I completely agree!

Malkavia

MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
3w4

-People taking your friendliness and genuine interest as having some sort of ulterior motive.

-Feeling such an intense interest in another person for no logical reason

All the male ENFP problems right here. >.<

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Having a natural flirtatious way of talking to people but then when someone actually flirts with you, you freeze up and have no idea what to do.

Whomp.

Hahahaha trueeeee

And when I get home, forget it! I already hated house work and cleaning, so after a day or week trying to keep up at work, cleaning my house is at the very bottom of my list. That, of course, leaves me less prepared for the work week and scrambling again. Can anyone help an ENFP sister out?!

I've no good ideas about the paperwork, but as for the housework, bag an SJ who will help... mine is happy to do the laundry... I've been bragging about it to everyone... :drool: :wubbie:

I have had a huge problem with this and an ENTJ manager at work. He thinks that when I try to explain something, it is an "excuse"; he thinks that when I accidentally lose track of time and stay late, it is trying to work the system; he thinks that when I tell him the computer is not working that I am trying to get out of my duties. It's not just with me, of course, he does this with everyone, but he's so delusional to think that everything everyone does is specifically intended to get them ahead in the game. I don't think like that and I don't even know how to make him understand that I don't.

Starry

Something I've noticed concerning the ENFP type is just how impressionable they are!

Dear [MENTION=18694]Magic Qwan[/MENTION] ,

I would love to write to you during your stay at 'Camp NT 5w6' but since you created a message in the NT private forum...alas I cannot.

Still, the camp youth leaders said they would get these to you...

CarePackages.jpg

bug-spray.jpg

there's some long underwear in case it gets cold there at night...
a care package with some Mad Libs and cookies
and the kind of bug spray that works best on your sensitive skin.

Have a great time! And give me a call when you are ready to come home.
Love, Starry

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Something I've noticed concerning the ENFP type is just how impressionable they are!

Dear [MENTION=18694]Magic Qwan[/MENTION] ,

I would love to write to you during your stay at 'Camp NT 5w6' but since you created a message in the NT private forum...alas I cannot.

Still, the camp youth leaders said they would get these to you...

CarePackages.jpg

bug-spray.jpg

there's some long underwear in case it gets cold there at night...
a care package with some Mad Libs and cookies
and the kind of bug spray that works best on your sensitive skin.

Have a great time! And give me a call when you are ready to come home.
Love, Starry

Alright, thank you…

AzulEyes

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sort of gullible at first moment- as we tend to believe a person and give them the benefit of the doubt unless proven otherwise.

Put off things until the last minute and then FINALLY get inspired to DO IT because there is fire under our ass.

Judge people based on how they treat others. Completely unimpressed with worldy accomplishments if treating people like crap was part of the process.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What about making investments in people based on "what can be/possible" rather than "what is"? Maybe an -NFP thing?

Starry

What about making investments in people based on "what can be/possible" rather than "what is"? Maybe an -NFP thing?

Hi Redbone :)

Because I always have one foot in the future...well, basically I don't know how not to be perpetually mindful of potential and 'what dreams may come'... and so much of my Life's journey has been/is learning how to assess *now* properly. I have wrongly, inaccurately assessed 'what is' in a person (place, thing, noun)... because I'm factoring in a vision of a future that has not happened and I have been burned for such 'foolishness' (my last relationship.) Without even knowing I was doing it... I was assigning qualities to him that were merely 'potentials' as if they were 'actualities' or at the very least 'soon to be actualities' <-and while in truth this system has for the most part served me well... it went quite wrong in the instance I'm speaking of and with it being a significant relationship as opposed to idk an art project or something... I admit I've been a bit shaken by it all. Will I change though...? Only time will tell.

But the use of the word 'investment'...this word I don't relate to as it pertains to relationships and I'm not entirely sure why. Perhaps I should try to frame things in this way.

edit: oh god. Due to some recent discussion on the site I thought I better get my butt back here and qualify the whole 'investment' thing. When I say this I mean that I don't view individuals as commodities. If I could somehow know for certain that some relationship would end sooner rather than later for some (unknown) reason...I can't see that as changing the way I would behave so much...or changing the amount of myself I poured into the relationship. I don't measure things the same way others might. If I'm devoted...if I become devoted then that is for Life...regardless of physical proximity, death..whatever.

AzulEyes

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Wow- the OP is from like 3 years ago- but it's really good! It sure describes this ENFP!
We love love love people but when we really love specific people- they sometimes seemed surprised by it. Like- yeah- I really do love you MORE than the rest!! :wubbie:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wow- the OP is from like 3 years ago- but it's really good! It sure describes this ENFP!
We love love love people but when we really love specific people- they sometimes seemed surprised by it. Like- yeah- I really do love you MORE than the rest!! :wubbie:

Totally! And I've been that way since I was a baby! Haha I just sometimes adore people immediately and then just always do and then I always wanna take them with me everywhere or hang out with them all night when I see them or whatever.

It's kinda weird.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hi Redbone :)

Because I always have one foot in the future...well, basically I don't know how not to be perpetually mindful of potential and 'what dreams may come'... and so much of my Life's journey has been/is learning how to assess *now* properly. I have wrongly, inaccurately assessed 'what is' in a person (place, thing, noun)... because I'm factoring in a vision of a future that has not happened and I have been burned for such 'foolishness' (my last relationship.) Without even knowing I was doing it... I was assigning qualities to him that were merely 'potentials' as if they were 'actualities' or at the very least 'soon to be actualities' <-and while in truth this system has for the most part served me well... it went quite wrong in the instance I'm speaking of and with it being a significant relationship as opposed to idk an art project or something... I admit I've been a bit shaken by it all. Will I change though...? Only time will tell.

But the use of the word 'investment'...this word I don't relate to as it pertains to relationships and I'm not entirely sure why. Perhaps I should try to frame things in this way.

edit: oh god. Due to some recent discussion on the site I thought I better get my butt back here and qualify the whole 'investment' thing. When I say this I mean that I don't view individuals as commodities. If I could somehow know for certain that some relationship would end sooner rather than later for some (unknown) reason...I can't see that as changing the way I would behave so much...or changing the amount of myself I poured into the relationship. I don't measure things the same way others might. If I'm devoted...if I become devoted then that is for Life...regardless of physical proximity, death..whatever.
Wow yeah me too. Word for word.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ahh feels so good to come here and read all this ENFP-ness. Redbone, AzulEyes, Lady X, and Starry, I feel ya guys.

Starry, I get what you mean when you ask "will I change?" It's hard to imagine *not* pouring myself out for someone I really care for. It's my nature and how I know to be. I guess working on being "in the moment" is a good way to approach it though. I feel like that's when Te can come in handy and help me kinda deal with things as they are.

Eye of the Potato

Anyone have a hard time staying organized and focused at work? I love my job, it's fast-paced, I see kids of all ages for short periods of time throughout my day, and I'm physically up and moving while still using my brain. You'd think I'd be able to deal with the mountains of paperwork, but it just shuts me down! I lose things, miss check boxes, and become so stressed out and overwhelmed by all of the legal documents and multiple deadlines. And when I get home, forget it! I already hated house work and cleaning, so after a day or week trying to keep up at work, cleaning my house is at the very bottom of my list. That, of course, leaves me less prepared for the work week and scrambling again. Can anyone help an ENFP sister out?!

I recently got a cleaner. She comes on Tuesday's and Friday's for one or two hours, in the morning, depending on how much cleaning needs to be done. I pay her £10 an hour. It's the best decision I have ever made. Now I'm free to pursue my own plans. The money is totally worth it, and it isn't actually that much. I have so much more time on my hands and it's opened up a lot more head space. I'd recommend a cleaner to any enfp. Society would benefit if we were free to do what we were designed to do. We weren't designed to do monotonous work. Why fight nature?

I actually thought of getting a cleaner in years ago, but I used to be sooo messy, that I would have ended up having to clean and tidy before the cleaner came, so I thought it would defeat the purpose. But I really worked hard at getting used to cleaning and keeping the place as tidy as I could. I simplified my life. I don't have too many things cluttering up my house now. Less is definitely more when it comes to things.
I get the cleaner to do the dishes, clean out the fridge, sweep and mop the floors in the kitchen and living room and hoover the stairs, clean the bathroom, wash my clothes and hang them up and put them in the hot press. Basically all the things I put off.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I recently got a cleaner. She comes on Tuesday's and Friday's for one or two hours, in the morning, depending on how much cleaning needs to be done. I pay her £10 an hour. It's the best decision I have ever made. Now I'm free to pursue my own plans. The money is totally worth it, and it isn't actually that much. I have so much more time on my hands and it's opened up a lot more head space. I'd recommend a cleaner to any enfp. Society would benefit if we were free to do what we were designed to do. We weren't designed to do monotonous work. Why fight nature?

:hifive:

Eye of the Potato

Oh for fuck sake. Her daughter just texted me now, saying she can't come for just one hour, cos it costs nearly half that for her bus to get to my house. I offered to pay her bus fare and pay her £15 an hour, but she said coming for an hour makes no sense. Oh God. Just when I thought I had my life figured out.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Oh for fuck sake. Her daughter just texted me now, saying she can't come for just one hour, cos it costs nearly half that for her bus to get to my house. I offered to pay her bus fare and pay her £15 an hour, but she said coming for an hour makes no sense. Oh God. Just when I thought I had my life figured out.

You could try posting adverts on a college campus. I cleaned a very messy professor's house once for a hundred dollars or so. I was dirty and exhausted but it was worth the money!