User Tag List

First 1119202122233171 Last

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Hmmm..so there are some that identify with it...Perhaps its a Te-Fi thing? Or an enneagram thing? 4's against 7's perhaps?

I do all of the things you've mentionned, but I also like, three times a year have a week, or perhaps two where I avoid all social contact like the plague coz it's just too much effort, spend time in my head and pretty much just have a need to recharge, be on my own. I'll forum a bit (but won't answer pm's as much and read a lot more without parttaking in the threads), I'll put on shows that make me feel good and listen to music that makes me nostalgic, but I'm absolutely not available to *anyone* even my own so at that point.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Scott N Denver View Post
    may I call you the red-headed stepchild of NFPhood???
    You can call me anything you'd want, but hon, I aint a redhead for real
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

what are we talking about here? total hibernation for a long period of time? no...i don't do that...i need time alone sometimes and avoid my phone and blow things off but i wouldn't say there's a particular reason that i'm aware of or that it's even intentional. i just may be really enjoying the quiet...or decide i wanna curl up with blankets and pillows and watch a movie. i don't think there's anything out of the ordinary going on. :/
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

yeah, i don't do it for a long period of time either. it comes in short bursts and fairly regularly, it's just a part of life, no big shifts or anything. how much i want to be around people generally has to do with their availability and my degree of liking of and comfort with them.

MBTI
    ISFJ

I've spent a lot of time alone ever since I was a child. Days without much interaction. In a bad way sometimes. But it makes you think.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

OMG YES to the OP. Well, most of it.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Vamp View Post
    I'm not really seeing any big differences. One of the things that stood out to me in the INFP thread was the thing Fidelia brought up about "cocooning" when one needs to sort things out. I'm really prone to that. So much so that people wouldn't type me as E.

Maybe the only differences would be the amount of forwardness. I guess a little bit of E goes a long way in establishing boundaries and other things right off the bat and clearing up social ambiguity.
    Me too, I do the cocooning thing. I need it. But I have to be careful not to make it a habit, or it actually can make me feel depressed if I over-do it.

Oh - wait, I need to explain how I do it. I can become very non-social and stay in the house a lot, and I actually love quiet. I get over-stimulated by the modern world (traffic, noise) and I think that's the primary reason why I need it...also I find excessive PERSONAL emotional drama draining (the kind that involves real life relationships, or people I strongly care about, I don't mean arguments about ideas or confrontations with acquaintances...that doesn't seem to drain me at all and can in fact energize me ), and it's easy for me to get involved in emotional drama sometimes depending on whom I'm around...so yeah I will stay in bed or in my room or just spend a lot of time alone...

But I've noticed fairly recently that if I go for a jog instead of taking to my bed when I'm upset it actually makes me feel better, and I've noticed that having *some* feedback and affection from people is necessary for my happiness, and if I over-do the cocooning it's self-defeating. I guess that's what makes me an E?

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Me too, I do the cocooning thing. I need it. But I have to be careful not to make it a habit, or it actually can make me feel depressed if I over-do it.

Oh - wait, I need to explain how I do it. I can become very non-social and stay in the house a lot, and I actually love quiet. I get over-stimulated by the modern world (traffic, noise) and I think that's the primary reason why I need it...also I find excessive PERSONAL emotional drama draining (the kind that involves real life relationships, or people I strongly care about, I don't mean arguments about ideas or confrontations with acquaintances...that doesn't seem to drain me at all and can in fact energize me ), and it's easy for me to get involved in emotional drama sometimes depending on whom I'm around...so yeah I will stay in bed or in my room or just spend a lot of time alone...

But I've noticed fairly recently that if I go for a jog instead of taking to my bed when I'm upset it actually makes me feel better, and I've noticed that having *some* feedback and affection from people is necessary for my happiness, and if I over-do the cocooning it's self-defeating. I guess that's what makes me an E?
    That's how I know I'm an E too. I've been self-cocooned/holed up for almost 2 years. ...but even after just 3 months it worsened the depression. I spent a lot of time isolated growing up so it's normal for me. But I do love me some good interpersonal drama. I never seem to have any, tho. I'm always the advice dispenser.

There's a saying "if you lay down, you stay down" and that's true for everyone regardless of type.

Edit: When I read "cocooning" I took it to mean literal cocooning; which is what I do. No contact with the outside world, maybe a little internet but nothing,
    Last edited by Vamp; 07-28-2010 at 06:10 PM. Reason: clarity
    George Bernard Shaw in cartoon form.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

By that logic, I'd be E too. I constantly need external feedback. As a writer, I enjoyed the interaction and exchange of creativity even a bit more than writing. I write very quickly and spend way more time just 'talking'. If it wasn't for this forum for the past few months and my friends to preoccupy and entertain me, I'd be totally deranged by now. But what part of that is about being human and social and being a shy extrovert? The most I cocoon for is a day before I seek out someone.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Odd..so what gives that distinct 'vibe' of an ENFP and what makes it different from the INFP vibe? Perhaps the Te-hammer then?

I can do weeks and weeks of being only with my so in the house with just you peeps here online, no prob. In fact, I like it that way most of the time. When he's gone, I get antsy after a week or so, though sometimes I also really welcome that week. No so and no internet results in internet within a day.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★