User Tag List

First 1018192021223070 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I think ENFPs are much more direct. They do seem to have their own version of cocooning, although I don't know enough about it yet to truly comment. I know though that despite their great amount of social activity, they can be extremely private in other ways.

I've also found it interesting to see the big differences in how ENFPs varied from INFPs in following a conversation (ENFPs are way more scattery and flit from thing to thing, whereas the INFPs are more focused and likely to reprint the questions and answer them point by point.) I think it's that Ne thing we were talking about before.

The ENFP description was more comprehensive than the INFP one. However, both kinds would be less likely to present a humongous summary of themselves for people to comment on. They'd be more likely to go with subjects as they came up.

In both cases, people would be reluctant to speak to anyone else's experience. Also, no one exactly has stepped forward as the "host" of either thread, even though Seymour has remained quite involved throughout.

Despite jumping around quite a bit, I also notice that the ENFPs crave more order than the INFPs in presentation. If it's not there, their attention is likely to move elsewhere.

MBTI
    Bast
    Enneagram
    Nix
    Socionics
    HSP None

Fellow ENFPs, tell me how you guys experience the cocooning thing you do, if you do it at all? Coz I experience it the way it's represented in the INFP-thread.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Be careful what you believe, because that is the world you'll create - Cassie Nightingale

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Satine View Post
    Fellow ENFPs, tell me how you guys experience the cocooning thing you do, if you do it at all? Coz I experience it the way it's represented in the INFP-thread.
    may I call you the red-headed stepchild of NFPhood???

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

you mean cocooning like when you're upset? or trying to work something out? i do that a bit...it's strange because i don't know what is going on when i do vs when i don't...meaning sometimes...i'll just come out with it bluntly and want to discuss it right then...actually...i think i usually do it that way but sometimes i'll be upset and just go out on the balcony to have a cigarette...or not want to talk awhile...i guess until i've resolved everything and can do so without being emotional...i don't like to come off as emotional...or let it color my words or make me overreact....so i guess that's what's going on...i'm feeling...processing...so i can discuss it more clearheaded.

edit: okay that was a mess...i guess it's just when you get overemotional so you wait until you're not.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I'm not sure if cocooning is the right word. But every now in then I introvert. When I introvert I go into myself and process information. I wouldn't say I'm cocooning because many times I will be active physically while sorting things out internally. I'm more aware of it now, before I could never figure out why sometimes I just didn't feel like talking and need to be alone. Now I know what I'm doing and can call it what it is. Processing.

I usually process while doing something else like reading, dancing, cleaning etc. Sometimes though, if a situation arises that is very overwhelming I will shut down more than usual. My processing takes on the variety of laying in bed and thinking. This can be dangerous and has led to depression. Though, now that I am more self aware it's easier to prevent that from happening.
    http://bohemianextrovert.wordpress.com/
    Please excuse the long drawn out ramble above.
    I have to hear what I've said before I know what I think.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

See this is how I think ENFPs do that processing differently. INFP activities will often be an escape into fantasy - a book, a movie, a videogame rather than something physical like dancing, working out, cleaning etc. I wonder if the thought processes are the same or different?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Satine View Post
    It's kind of strange because it's very much on a whim and sometimes it's very unpredictable as to what i need. I don't usually know what i need until i am not getting what i need and i feel almost desperately that i need a change of scene now.

Sometimes i really need to just be left alone to recharge and process, but that can involve either the need to feel productive (cleaning, running errands, etc.) or the need to retreat elsewhere (video games, forums, etc.). Usually it ends up being a little bit of both.

Sometimes i need to have someone around to talk to. Sometimes i need to go out and be around SOMEONE because i've spent so much time processing that it's painful and i need to recharge from that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Introverted Feeling (46.7)
    Extraverted Intuition (45.7)
    Introverted Intuition (37.5)
    Introverted Thinking(26.5)
    Extraverted Feeling (25.4)
    Extraverted Thinking (22.1)
    Extraverted Sensing (19.5)
    Introverted Sensing (17.0)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

cocooning... i don't really know if i'd call it cocooning. it's more like purifying, lol.

i want to clear my mind - presumably from all the CRAZY Ne tends to hoard - and just recenter. just... be me. so i'll do something like paint, or yoga, or play violin, or just go lay outside somewhere, that gives me lots of soothing familiar sensory input and doesn't require much thought or hard decisions. sometimes it's nice to have familiar people around, but generally not new ones - and sometimes when i've had a lot of high-intensity lots-of-people interaction i am just like GET THE FUCK AWAY. i just don't want to have more to think about!

but when i have emotional issues, i want to talk those through with someone, or without that option write them out - it's got to do with being able to assess and work through my feelings logically when i know they're off but i don't know why. also, video games and books and movies are fun (i love stuff with a fantasy environment), but those don't really help me purify, so to speak. they're more of a diversion, just for the sensory enjoyment of it. i like them to have a little heart, but don't like them to be super emotional because i have enough of that already. i love the dan brown books, for instance. i know they're not super deep, but they're fun and have adventure and mystical elements, and enough emotion.

edit: can you tell i have high Se? lol

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    See this is how I think ENFPs do that processing differently. INFP activities will often be an escape into fantasy - a book, a movie, a videogame rather than something physical like dancing, working out, cleaning etc. I wonder if the thought processes are the same or different?
    Not true at all.

I escape into my head when I have no access to stimulating stimuli. I do this frequently during my job.

I will read, I will forum (please check my # of posts ), I will write, I will go into an Fi-Si loop, or I will, as you allude to, go out and do something sensational, in the literal sense, like go dancing, go for a walk, but even while I walk I tend to be in my head, very much so.

Honestly, I think a lot of the ENFPs who frequent this sight are close on the I/E divide.

However, I am very much so an ENFP, I identify too much with the ENFP profiles I've read in various places.

Yes, we are hedonistic, stimulus-seeking EPs, but first and foremost, we are Ns, literally, our first function is Ne.

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Cacooning, I just read it and immediately identified with it.

My bed is my sanctuary.

What would I do without the fetal position, without the ability to comfort myself.

I sucked my thumb until I was....

Anyhow, sometimes we just get overloaded, Ne-Fi overload, and we need to shut up, shut out and shut down.

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :hi:
  • :bye:
  • :)
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie: