• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] INFP doesn't remember how to be alone

Talisyn

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9-1
I was an only child. I spent a lot of time alone. I wrote a lot. I read. I wrote some more.

I'm married & have two kids and a full time job. What is alone time?
I find when I'm presented with it, I have no clue how to use it. Besides reading. I can always read. But I find, more or less, that there are so many things I would like to do, and I can't settle on which, I just waste my time on the internet... or go hunt someone down that I've been neglecting to hang out with. It's weird. :shock:

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
I used to be alone a lot too. Now I live in a commune. I don't find it weird. In fact it's quite nice. But then again, I had siblings when growing up. This isn't much different.

Tantive

MBTI Type
INFP
Do something you haven't done before, like...swordfighting! =]

Talisyn

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9-1
lol Swordfighting would be fantastic alone... lol... I could fight the mirror... I'm amused in a totally non-sarcastic way... A commune Nolla, whats that like? How many people?

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
When my kids were growing up, I faced the same dilemma. It was - "I have two hours .... what should I do?" After waiting to get a little spare time, suddenly when I had some I couldn't decide how to utilize it! The pressure! The feeling of being lost in that! Also, I could always think of some chore that needed doing, so that would deflate my pleasure and expand my guilt.

I would suggest you make an idea box for yourself. Write on little pieces of paper all the little pleasures you enjoy that only take a short period of time to either indulge in or accomplish. Put them all in the box, and when you have that precious spare time, feeling torn and not knowing what to do, pull one out! And do it!

The key to making this work, especially if some of your ideas are crafts or painting etc. is to have the supplies in a tote or something nearby. Then, you aren't wasting time trying to assemble all the stuff you need, just to put it all away before you really get going.

Good luck!