User Tag List

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9-1
    Socionics
    INFp

Default INFP doesn't remember how to be alone

I was an only child. I spent a lot of time alone. I wrote a lot. I read. I wrote some more.

I'm married & have two kids and a full time job. What is alone time?
    I find when I'm presented with it, I have no clue how to use it. Besides reading. I can always read. But I find, more or less, that there are so many things I would like to do, and I can't settle on which, I just waste my time on the internet... or go hunt someone down that I've been neglecting to hang out with. It's weird.
    I want to be alive To all the life that is in me now, to know each moment to the uttermost.
    (Khalil Gibran from Mary Haskell's Journal June 7, 1912.)

"I'd rather die than live without Mercy and Love" - House of Heroes, Code Name Raven

"I write/Slowly at first/Then the words come quicker/Slow in comparison/To my rapid thoughts/I fall silent/In awe of love"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

I used to be alone a lot too. Now I live in a commune. I don't find it weird. In fact it's quite nice. But then again, I had siblings when growing up. This isn't much different.

MBTI
    INFP

Do something you haven't done before, like...swordfighting! =]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9-1
    Socionics
    INFp

lol Swordfighting would be fantastic alone... lol... I could fight the mirror... I'm amused in a totally non-sarcastic way... A commune Nolla, whats that like? How many people?
    I want to be alive To all the life that is in me now, to know each moment to the uttermost.
    (Khalil Gibran from Mary Haskell's Journal June 7, 1912.)

"I'd rather die than live without Mercy and Love" - House of Heroes, Code Name Raven

"I write/Slowly at first/Then the words come quicker/Slow in comparison/To my rapid thoughts/I fall silent/In awe of love"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

When my kids were growing up, I faced the same dilemma. It was - "I have two hours .... what should I do?" After waiting to get a little spare time, suddenly when I had some I couldn't decide how to utilize it! The pressure! The feeling of being lost in that! Also, I could always think of some chore that needed doing, so that would deflate my pleasure and expand my guilt.

I would suggest you make an idea box for yourself. Write on little pieces of paper all the little pleasures you enjoy that only take a short period of time to either indulge in or accomplish. Put them all in the box, and when you have that precious spare time, feeling torn and not knowing what to do, pull one out! And do it!

The key to making this work, especially if some of your ideas are crafts or painting etc. is to have the supplies in a tote or something nearby. Then, you aren't wasting time trying to assemble all the stuff you need, just to put it all away before you really get going.

Good luck!
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching