User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Hmmm, you received some very good advice here. There is just one thing that worries me.

Being a natural extrovert it makes sense that you miss being around people. This can be remedeed by joining a new group of people with similar interests (I don´t know, a theatre group, a choir, some volunteer work). From how you describe your current situation it is normal to feel a little stressed out. But you got a degree and you do go out and look for options and you do at least have a part time thing going right now, so I don´t see a reason why things shouldn´t advance any further. I don´t know anybody who has achieved absolutely everything they dreamed of. In fact, if you had already achieved everything at such a young age, that would make the rest of you life (the lion´s share of it) pretty boring.

And that is what worries me about this thread. It is one thing to say: I am not happy with the current situation, because I have specific problems (healthy). It is something else to say: I still have a lot of things I would like to do with my life (healthy). It is yet another thing to say: I have a schedule for my life and I am currently behind on that schedule, which means I suck and my life sucks (unhealthy). And it would be a huge mistake to assume that you need to achieve a certain list of things to be happy. Sure you can have that great job, start that wonderful family with the perfect guy, emigrate to the Bahamas, become president or discover a method for cold fusion - but don´t let your happiness depend on it.

I´m not saying you should give up on your dreams, not at all. But you should know that: 1. You can already be happy before you get there and 2. There is not garantee they will make you happy.

It sounds banale, but try to find enjoyment in what you got while calmly and proactively working towards what you want!

“Neither should a ship rely on one small anchor, nor should life rest on a single hope” - Epictetus
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

i can identify with this too. i usually try a distraction first to see if i can get rid of it, but then if that doesn't work i just have to talk about it. often i never actually figure it out, but i usually ask my NTs cause they are good at helping to at least listen to me whine as i sort out my emotions and unsettled feelings. being listened to really helps in my experience.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

oh, and also... sitting in quiet (and journaling) rarely helps me. sometimes i DO try it, but eventually i get bored and frustrated and the emotional turmoil gets unbearable. however, focusing on other people and helping them to be more introspective (instead of concentrating on my own problem) somehow makes me happier.. it's like i'm indirectly solving my own uneasiness.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Writing may help, really vitriolic writing, where you just let your frustration spew on paper, without inhibition. You need to unclamp those emotions so you can be free to think on them, you know what I mean?

Do it every day if you can manage, write until you get the revelation you are seeking. Write until you feel at peace. Write til you get to that aha moment.

In the meantime, tend to the needs of your physical body. Walk, exercise, eat well, have good sleep habits, join a new group (if thats not too distracting). Take care of yourself.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so

I agree that journal style writing is good. Also, if you are trying to get at the real, underlying issue, you can suggest a possibility to yourself and then wait a bit to see if there's an internal emotional response/reaction. Subjectively, feels a bit like dropping stones down the emotional well and listening for a splash.

It can sometimes take a little mental self-discipline to keep digging, since you are dredging up the emotional unpleasantness you've been avoiding.