First 234

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Oh, also, I saw that you mentioned you are in your late 20's, therefore you might be able to get along with an ISTJ just fine if you've developed your Te and Si. ENFP and ISTJ have all the same functions, and tend to look more extremely different in youth, but can have more and more common ground as they mature.

In any case, it really depends on the individuals. There's no magic formula for relationships and MBTI type.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Other F types.

Besides, I can't imagine that ENFPs communicate more than ESFPs or even ESFJs. I don't. Then again, I'm a more introverted ENFP, but still. We aren't supposed to even be extreme extroverts in any case.
    I am definitely an extreme extrovert- I am mostly N but very E too. I like my own space but I am happiest around people.

Oh, also, I saw that you mentioned you are in your late 20's, therefore you might be able to get along with an ISTJ just fine if you've developed your Te and Si. ENFP and ISTJ have all the same functions, and tend to look more extremely different in youth, but can have more and more common ground as they mature.

In any case, it really depends on the individuals. There's no magic formula for relationships and MBTI type.
    I can only hope- there is talk of us meeting this week (ISTJ suggested it) so I do hope we can figure out our next steps!

@ All:

Thank you all for your points of view- I am really enjoying this discussion!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

funny that you are writing this. i love it because this is what i feel like i'm always asking this board: how can i NOT bombard my introverts but still be myself? heh.

Quote Originally Posted by JoyOfTraveling View Post
    Is there anyone out there who can handle an ENFP's constant barge of communication??
    my istp does. even in the beginning when i was trying to restrain myself. he always responded to my text messages and even followed up with some of his own. he appreciates the banter and I LOVE it.

so yeah, i agree with just going ahead and bombarding. i mean, you can limit yourself as much as possible initially, but i think i prefer to let loose the wildfire. my istp learned to step up to the plate even though it was not completely natural for him. as long as you aren't clingy and can convey that you really just like to talk a lot (and aren't just needy and insecure), i think the istp/istj can appreciate the fact that you are being yourself.

istjs take longer to warm up though than istps. my roommate took a good year, but by the end he did appreciate me very much (even though i still puzzle him).

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Other F types.

Besides, I can't imagine that ENFPs communicate more than ESFPs or even ESFJs. I don't. Then again, I'm a more introverted ENFP, but still. We aren't supposed to even be extreme extroverts in any case.
    me: "I can't imagine that ENFPs communicate more than ESFPs or even ESFJs." plz. lies.

jock: LOL. Yeah really. ESFs at least have a concept of decency and appropriateness. you ENFPs do not.

me: HAHAHAHA. i'm posting this.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

the only way i could see a couple like this being happy is if they truly liked the reasons why the other one did what they did...i have a hard time buying it truly happens tho...because by nature the istj seems to believe there is a set standard to which you should abide...one right way to do it and by nature the enfp feels the opposite....or the standard just comes from a very opposite place...in my experience...not something so easy to pick up on at first...might take years and years with the way enfps tend to see mostly the good in people or project our empathy onto others and the istjs steadfastness and determination to make things work and do what's necessary...but in the end...you might very well see you were both working towards different goals under very different assumptions.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Professional Trickster Esoteric Wench's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by guesswho View Post
    ISTJ.

Principles, rules, rigid, wannabe model people : model lovers, friends, they wanna do the right thing, they wanna be the 'true friend'.

Their world revolves around their principles.

Observe then interact, but only interact with people who fit in their principles no whores or bad people allowed.

Things must be a certain subjective way. Good bad, true false etc.

I don't know if all ISTJs are this way, but I have an ISTJ friend and that's how he is.

The ultimate listener/advisor. He makes people open, fast, just like that. In 15 minutes some girl who doesn't know him just starts talking about her life.

Their lack of intuition is SO ANNOYING. They just don't get it.
    +1

I thought this was really well said, guesswho.
    ENFP with kick*ss Te | 7w8 so | ♀

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    -
    Socionics
    -

Lol. My father is an ISTJ. If INFP mother wasn't there, I would have been a wreck.

Only when I discovered MBTI and realized how radically differently my father sees the world did I relax in my relationship with him - because now I understand that it's okay if he doesn't "approve/admire/affirm" me. He just doesn't get it.

The idea of being romantically involved with an ISTJ sounds like a tantalizing challenge. ENFPs like to "chameleon into" others, just to see if we can do it, and get affirmation from winning their respect. But I have to agree with everyone else: once the game is over, we've done our role playing and it was cute... once we actually want to build a life together, I can't imagine ISTJ+ENFP to be fulfilling.

I did find the point that we have exactly the same functions (only in reverse) to be an interesting point. But still. My father and I may have reached a truce, but the relationship is no grand adventure.

Religious issues, especially, will probably be a major difference forever.