User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Default What makes INFJ-ENFP interactions work? When they do.

It's getting rather heated on the thread: "Common INFJ issues". So I thought that I would start a thread highlighting the similarities or common grounds of the ENFP, INFP, INFJ instead of rehashing the grounds on which they clash.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I've seen things get much more heated on here. Any of the clashes have not been surprising ones based on past experiences, and therefore are not that uncomfortable. While I think there are a lot of great common ground traits, it is where we see the world differently that trips us up. That is the reason why I started that thread. I'd actually be interested in something similar for those other types.

I have been good friends with both INFPs and ENFPs. We share similar passion for the projects that matter to us, an interest in people, often a love of writing and discussing new thoughts, and a fairly open attitude towards people who are unlike ourselves.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I usually get along with IxFJs. In fact, I'd say I have more problems with INFPs, ENFJs, and then other ENFPs...in that order.

I think the common ground of ENFP and INFJ may be N-dominance while still being NFs. That, and INFJs are pretty adept at handling people. I give them all the credit. It's one of the main reasons I love Aux-Fe so much.

Professional Trickster Esoteric Wench's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Immaculate Cloud View Post
    It's getting rather heated on the thread: "Common INFJ issues". So I thought that I would start a thread highlighting the similarities or common grounds of the ENFP, INFP, INFJ instead of rehashing the grounds on which they clash.
    Thank you Immaculate Cloud! You rock!

I think INFJs, INFPs, and ENFPs have sooo much in common. These are my kindred spirits.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    IEE

To me, its the mutual, natural respect for intuitive possibilities that makes ENFP-INFJ interaction nearly magical. That being said, I enjoy the company of INFPs and ENFJs in equal parts, but both can be handful with the expectations of Fi and Fe respectively. This is purely preference, but I'll take the company of any healthy NF over healthy SFs, STs and NTs (Small exception for INTJs... should they chose to behave for once). Opposite rule if NF is unhealthy... i'll take any other type under crisis, except NFs and I am utterly allergic to unhealthy ENFPs.

Sorry, bad tangent.

I'll post something useful eventually.

Just yeah, I love INFJs. The world needed to know this at all costs. (Haha so self-indulgent, I'm sorry)

"Neurotic, ha!"
    I let out a scornful laugh.
    "If neurotic is wanting two mutually exclusive things at one and the same time, then I'm neurotic as hell.
    I'll be flying back and forth between one mutually exclusive thing and another for the rest of my days.
    "

— Sylvia Plath, The Bell Jar.

Sniffles

Pretty much being opposites while still being NFs. There's enough similarities and differences to keep each other intrigued for a long time.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Pretty much being opposites while still being NFs. There's enough similarities and differences to keep each other intrigued for a long time.
    I think that's true. My brother an I can talk all the time and still find stuff to talk about.

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    YES! my boyfriend is infj & i am enfp. i never ever ever ever ever get bored or disinterested in him . . . and he soothes my nerves too & the sparks are constant.

what makes it work??? communication. we need to talk a lot a lot a lot or else we will misunderstand each other. it's like we have to constantly translate ourselves to each other cuz initially we don't know what the other is talking about & then once we make the effort we feel great - never better. we have to ask each other a lot of questions constantly to prevent misunderstandings. what else makes it work? maturity. if i was younger, i don't think i'd have the patience for the "work" of this type of communication- and that's why i used to be very attracted to Fi doms when younger . . . it just "flowed" more easily . . .

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by revolve View Post
    YES! my boyfriend is infj & i am enfp. i never ever ever ever ever get bored or disinterested in him . . . and he soothes my nerves too & the sparks are constant.

what makes it work??? communication. we need to talk a lot a lot a lot or else we will misunderstand each other. it's like we have to constantly translate ourselves to each other cuz initially we don't know what the other is talking about & then once we make the effort we feel great - never better. we have to ask each other a lot of questions constantly to prevent misunderstandings. what else makes it work? maturity. if i was younger, i don't think i'd have the patience for the "work" of this type of communication- and that's why i used to be very attracted to Fi doms when younger . . . it just "flowed" more easily . . .
    My July resolution (why wait for the New Year?): Learn to communicate more often, learn the importance of 'chit-chat' as a way to keep the lines of communication open and not let the dear ENFPs IRL guessing...

MBTI
    INFJ

One of my closest friends is an INFP. We share the love of good conversation, the love of the people in our lives (maybe people in general), humor, loyalty, and the enjoyment of the little things. She's also one of the few people who can sit in silence and it isn't awkward to her.