User Tag List

Page 58 of 66 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast

Thread: Common INFJ issues

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Array Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    Does anyone else have this -- I have steady evidence of precognition in my life. And I steadily hear people making snotty remarks about people who believe they have precognition. How do I reconcile this?
    Example: at the doctor's office, I'm told my prescription will be called in. I *know* I'm not going to be picking it up, for some reason. I see myself picking it up over the weekend (which is not what I want).
    I get home and there's a message from the doctor's office. They want me to verify the pharmacy phone number. The next day, I call and verify the pharmacy phone number. I am told I'll be able to pick up my prescription that evening. I *know* this is not going to happen. And I get the thought "the pharmacy doesn't have that medication in stock and they will have to order it."
    I get to work and there's a call from the pharmacy telling me they don't have the medication in stock and they will have to order it.
    Since the pharmacy will be closed by the time I get off work, I will indeed be picking up my prescription over the weekend.
    This happens constantly. I'm not making it up.
    Why do people feel a need to ridicule "magic Ni"? I can't explain it either and I almost wish I didn't have it, but it is my experience of life.
    I don't believe i've ever had such an experience. Although many times i've read that such a thing can result from Ni.

But I wonder if that stems from a misunderstanding of how that information was understood and connected in the mind?
    "An upsidedown wire heart
    Being sucked into a periscope
    Still the mind is dull
    Like you need another excuse"

… a theory is primarily a form of insight, i.e. a way of looking
    at the world, and not a form of knowledge of how the world is….
    .. all our different ways of thinking are to be considered as
    different ways of looking at the one reality, each with some
    domain in which it is clear and adequate….
    - David Bohm

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

It could have to do with that. It could have to do with my perception of or relationship with time being slightly different. It could be a lot of things. I can't explain it. (btw I didn't mean I really thought it was magic -- but it has been mockingly referred to as "magic Ni").

To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

I love INFJs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I love INFJs.
    So they got to you too. What was your price?
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Aw, Lark.

Society

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    I wonder if that stems from a misunderstanding of how that information was understood and connected in the mind?
    well, i think i can try to explain this on two levels:

the immediate expectation:
    many people - quite possibly most - do not tend to accept asserted statements in blind faith - not to mention predictions - from anyone. they want the idea behind the prediction explained, the reasons, the causality, the circumstances that would lead to the predicted outcome, so that they can examine it themselves. this 'burden' isn't type exclusive - we all share it. unfortunately, language has evolved to accommodate the process of some functions more then others:

the accumulative expectation
    unlike the above, this is one area where NiFe and NiTe will behave in almost opposite ways, so given this thread's topic, i will focus on the negative perception or "ridicule" and negative misunderstandings relating to NiFe users (probably unhealthy ones), as it is - with frightening frequently - experienced by others:
    Common INFJ issues Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    So they got to you too. What was your price?
    My price was their awesomeness.

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    My price was their awesomeness.
    Good grief lad, yer beyond hope
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

MBTI
    ENFP

I would prefer if you did not paraphrase me here. I called them "Character flaws" because that is what they are, They can not be fixed or altered because they are not seen as such. The 1st step to change and growth is admitting it is needed.

There is nothing wrong with being flawed, because it is a universal truth of the human condition.
    I will say it again.. It's a one way insight into humanity. " I see into you, I see into me, I see you better than you can see yourself, and you can't see into me at all."

Let me put forth an argument with the intent cause debate:

Premise 1: It is in the permanent nature of the INFJ to be drawn to room for change and growth. (I read this somewhere...)

Premise 2: Arclight seems to believe that the INFJ can and should fix or alter his/her character flaws so that he/she can change and grow.

Conclusion: Therefore, said "Character Flaws," the subjects of change and growth, cannot be fixed or altered.

It follows then that "Character Flaws," as defined by Arclife, and "Misunderstandings," as defined by fidelia, are one in the same.

This would also mean that Arclife has contradicted himself (herself?) with the statement "There is nothing wrong with being flawed" since he believes these Flaws should be fixed or altered.

Now, I have a feeling that Arclife could have intended the statement "there is nothing wrong with being flawed" to mean that one should not feel bad for being flawed (since it is "a universal truth of the human condition"). I hear you, Arclife, and it is kindhearted of you to try to prevent fidelia from reacting with negative emotions (even if this was an unconscious attempt), but negative emotions are an appropriate initial reaction to learning that one is "flawed," whether permanently or not.

Now, which of the following should we believe?
    1) We are fine the way we are, character flaws and all
    2) There is always room for improvement
    3) A combination of these two with a sprinkling of "it depends"

Discourse!

P.S. - I realize the post I'm replying to is over 3 years old, but I'm new to forums and it was an interesting topic to discuss nonetheless!)