MBTI
    INFJ

This isn't related to anything but, fidelia, I love your picture

darkened dreams Array labyrinthine's Avatar
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFp None

This might be something to which INFJs and other types can relate. I'm in mind of it because break is coming to an end. I can tell sometimes when people lash out, especially if it is somewhat out of the blue, that they do it to test people. By sensing the underlying motive I can often be non-reactive. Sometimes it works and is constructive, but i also get tired of it. It is a big reason I don't care to deal with people all the time. It's easier to give emotional reassurance for sadness than it is for anger, but more people choose anger because it feels stronger. It's not just type-related, but people who invest time observing and analyzing people and emotions can come to spot these emotional tests and know how to react constructively. I have to say I'm not entirely neutral about it because I do get tired of it and withdraw when there is too much of it. I understand from a distanced perspective that it is based on their experience and is reactionary to negative people they have encountered which I can empathize with as being unfortunate. But, even though I know how to deal with it professionally, it frustrates me that so many people have this need and express it in this way. It also frustrates me the times it has rattled me. It is only people, not monsters, who have committed all the types of harm in the world, mostly justified in the person's mind through negative emotion, and so I tend to take it as potentially serious. It can happen in any environment, except one where a person gets to be alone or with a trusted friend.

edit: I realize this post is dark in tone, but not necessarily incorrect. Perhaps I just need a little fruity wine and Fraggles.
    The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas. H.G. WELLS
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. FEYNMAN

If this is monkey pee, you're on your own.SCULLY

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

quick question... INFJs, what do you think of Vicky Jo?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

She rubs me the wrong way. The only useful thing I found on her site was the stuff about directive vs prescriptive people. I don't know her personally though, so it may be different if I did. I just wouldn't want people to assume all INFJs were like her.

Then again, I've been on a couple of INFJ boards before and while I initially found it interesting, that much INFJ all in one place was...terrible. I like it much better here where you get to see them interact with other people and can see who is alike and who is different etc.

Why do you ask?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

cause she rubs me the wrong way too, lol. both some of the things she says and the way she generally behaves in videos make me a bit uncomfortable. i feel like she might be more pleasant to interact with IRL though.

mostly i just don't feel like she's very much like the other people i know to be INFJ in my life. i don't doubt her typing, but i feel like she's a bit of an outlier in some ways. i was curious if other INFJs resonated with her or not.

i agree though... too much ENFP in one place is terrible too.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

It's almost like she's trying too hard to be kind of down to earth and folksy. Comes off as fake. And I don't like the dolphin wallpaper at all. She just doesn't seem to communicate in a way that seems typical of most of the INFJs I know.

wants Mifune clone minion Array Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

^I agree with Fid's 'INFJ boards' and 'too much' and 'terrible' sentiment above.

The only thing I've watched with Vicky Jo was the youtube video someone posted in the Dear Fe thread (I think that's the thread it was in), about distinguishing the difference between INFJ and INFP. As I said in the other thread, a lot of her description sounded more like instinct variant differences than Fi/Fe differences. Plus I just found her annoying. It might be because her description of the type didn't jive with what I've learned other INFJs and I have in common, or with what I've read about mbti- yet she presented it (seems to me) as if there were no doubt in its accuracy. If the information had jived, I probably wouldn't even have noticed the presentation style. I guess I'm wondering how she's arrived at the conclusions she's made, because it doesn't match up with what I know. I'm not saying I know the 'INFJ' structure I've built thus far is right, but I'd have a hard time believing I was wrong about the amount of information I'd have to be wrong about in order for her to be right. If that made any sense.

edit: also I agree about the dolphin wallpaper sucking.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

E-zackly!

Senior Member Array FakePlasticAlice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    quick question... INFJs, what do you think of Vicky Jo?

I've only watched a few vids. and read a few things...but i find her to be annoying, which i tried not to let get in the way of what she was saying. She seems to be the kind of person if i were to see in real life i would turn and go in the opposite direction.:/
    "You can't take a picture of this...it's already gone."

“But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most?”
    -Mark Twain

Senior Member Array FakePlasticAlice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

oh yes...and the dolphin wallpaper is ridiculous.
    "You can't take a picture of this...it's already gone."

“But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most?”
    -Mark Twain