Thread: Common INFJ issues
07-19-2010, 04:38 AM #111PhantonymGuest
07-19-2010, 05:12 AM #112
I really need to go back and read this thread more thoroughly. Lots of amazing insights from different perspectives!Female
Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx
07-19-2010, 06:53 AM #113
Holy mackerel!!! I also have to go back and read this thread from the beginning. I took two days off after my last post (in part so I could get some distance to respond after some reflection and for my emotions to calm down) and apparently the whole thread exploded during my absence.
Plus, I need to see if anyone burned me in effigy during my hiatus.
07-19-2010, 09:31 AM #114
07-19-2010, 09:32 AM #115
07-19-2010, 09:35 AM #116
Most common INFJ issues and thier answers Take 1:
1. Overthinking. - STFU brain ill stab you with a Q-tip!
2. Self sacrificers- Be selfish once and a while, especially on the important stuff like romantic relationships, otherwise you will self sacrifice yourself right into a black emotional hole.
3. Underhanded manipulators... yeah yeah aside from all the rainbows the profiles blow up our asses we are also hardcore manipulators, only our stuff is so subtle people commonly mistake it for other stuff, hmmm this isnt really a problem but I find people wont always DIE if I give them some constructive criticism, I had to learn to be able to voice that stuff up, but now that I do, people dont have to guess my boundaries, they just know what they are.Ground control to Major Tom
07-19-2010, 09:35 AM #117
EDIT: Interesting ideas umlauu presented in that other thread I was talking about before. Talks about some of the Fe/Ti-Fi/Te misunderstandings that often occur and how to get around them. I thought there was some extremely useful stuff there.
Originally Posted by umlauu
07-19-2010, 12:47 PM #118
(a) If your last experience with a person was negative, and they have improved since then, you will be prone to judging them at your lowest expectation, and they might be offended, or get their feelings hurt.
(b) If their last experience with you was positive, and they have turned into a douchebag since then, you might get burned by their treachery as you will likely not be observing their mannerisms, details of their actions, etc., because in your book they "passed the test" the last go around...
In Vino Veritas!
Good stuff, Fidelia, keep it coming!
MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%
"If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
"Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro
07-19-2010, 01:19 PM #119
2) Need for resolution - What may look to some like being nitpicky or unforgiving or even holding onto the past often has more to do with their need to get everything put away in it's proper place before closing the chapter on it. Without doing so, it keeps coming up again and again.
3) Considering every hobby, person or idea expressed as an extension of themselves - INFJs tend to be very self-protective, and rarely bring something up unless they have already implemented it into their main framework of thought or affection. Therefore when any of these things are dismissed or mocked, they will feel it as a personal rejection, unlike someone who tends to verbalize new ideas out loud.
10) Hate being not in control of their emotions, yet sometimes underestimate how strong those emotions are till they are swamped by them. - (Note, not a good time for Ts to talk about how over-sensitive and emotional they are, as they despise being that way and are already terribly embarrassed).
07-19-2010, 01:21 PM #120
1)Fe replenishment-Do you feel as though other Fe users can induce Fe in you and that you in turn can induce Fe in them? Thus by being with one another you increase that feeling of mutual caring??? I know that Fi users can have this effect on each other. Satine called it nudging, I call it glowing, udog described it as an aura of sorts.. I make ISTJs glow back at me...
2) WRT the adjusting. I adjust endlessly-but with Te. I not the other is unhappy with Fi, then use Te to try and design a solution. The Fi is never verbalized...but is there? I dunno.. More odd, I will use Ne to remodel my Fi expectations and judgments based upon what I perceive them being able to offer.
[ENFP] Common ENFP issuesBy Amargith in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)Replies: 722Last Post: 03-16-2017, 04:22 PM
[INTJ] Common INTJ IssuesBy highlander in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)Replies: 309Last Post: 01-06-2017, 06:29 PM
[ENFJ] Common ENFJ IssuesBy Domino in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)Replies: 206Last Post: 01-03-2017, 03:22 PM
By Lenian in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)Replies: 2Last Post: 04-22-2016, 01:28 PM
By Lenian in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)Replies: 0Last Post: 01-31-2011, 05:16 PM