User Tag List

View Poll Results: INFP's are you a cat person or dog person?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cat

14 46.67%
  • Dog

9 30.00%
  • Both

5 16.67%
  • Neither/or I prefer a different kind of pet.

2 6.67%
12 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Default INFP's-Cat people?

I was surfing the web in various places when I ran across this study which I've posted below. I found it pretty itneresting.

Dog & Cat owners have different personalities

Dog owners and cat owners are as different as night and day, says an expert--who reveals the distinctive personality traits of each. People are like their pets, said Dr. Vinsey, Professor of Anthropology at Pace University in New York City, who made a six-year study of pets and their owners.

Dr. Vinsey characterizes dog owners this way:
    • They tend to be more outgoing and sociable and they're more apt to be openly affectionate.
    • Dog owners are more generous and helpful. They are more ambitious and assertive and more apt to take risks to reach their goals.
    • Dog owners are more "outdoorsy" -- they love to tramp the hills, go camping and participate in active, energetic sports.

Cat owners are a different type says Dr. Vinsey:
    • They tend to be well-read, articulate and cultured and more imaginative, creative and curious than dog owners.
    • They're more apt to be loners. They enjoy privacy and tend to be aloof until they know someone well.
    • Cat lovers are comfort lovers and tend to pamper themselves. They're more finicky and choosy, have exotic tastes and are nonconformists. They also tend to be more opinionated and independent.
    • Cat owners are indoor people. Their greatest joy is to curl up in front of a fire with a good book or a TV miniseries to view.

But both cat and dog owners are far more flexible than people who don't own pets, said the doctor. They take a less rigid approach to life and adjust more easily to changes in plans or circumstances, she said.
    I got to thinking, if this study is, in fact, true, then it seems like a cat would be an INFP's typical pet. I know I myself, prefer cats over dogs. And the one other INFP that I do know also prefers cats.

What say you other INFP's? Are you a cat person? Dog person? Both? Neither? I want to know!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

Yes, I like cats and we have one I don't really like dogs on the other hand.

I even heard my cat is like me sometimes!

MBTI
    INFP

I honestly hate cats.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

I used to like cats, but not so much anymore. I got tired of 4 AM fights and ruined furniture. I like dogs too though.

I think that article is a little silly.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

I used to be a 'cat' person but I got myself a pit bull and now I think all cats are ugly and all dogs are the cutest things in the world. I think there is some truth to that analysis but it is not rigid or a given. People who tell me they have cats often give off this awkward, loner vibe. But this could be just inaccurate data and ... like, identifying self as a cat person because of the cliche traits but never experiencing a relationships with a dog so they never know...you know what I mean? Did the stereotype or the pattern influence further stereotype/pattern? I am infp and I love dogs.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Well, I know that everyone, regardless of type, has different things they prefer. And it might not be true for everyone, but for me and the other INFP I mentioned it certainly is, so I was basically just going off of that, really, and wondered if it was like that for anyone else.

I'm not saying that to be a true INFP you have to prefer cats, I was just curious...

Sorry if I offended you?

MBTI
    infp

interesting
    i love my dog, but i could see myself liking a pet cat even more. cats are generally more low maintenance and chill.. my dog is great, but sometimes she's too hyper for me.

Banned
    MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    5w4

As much as I love dogs.
    I'm a cat person.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4~9

My whole life i have had a cat. Currently i have six and three kittens! And a dog, however, she loves the cats too
    "...Have you fallen in love with the wrong person yet?"
    Jace said, "Unfortunately, Lady of the Haven, my one true love remains myself."
    "At least," she said, "you don't have to worry about rejection, Jace Wayland"
    "Not necessarily. I turn myself down occasionally, just to keep it interesting"

- The City Of Bones

Here is my blog where I post my thoughts and feelings. Please have a go and comment if you like.

MBTI
    yupp

personally, I fucking hate cats with a passion.