User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 42

  1. #11
    Glycerine
    Guest

    Default

    As a ENFJ, I avoid conflict like the plague UNLESS someone really pisses me off (it's usually like the last straw). My ESFJ dad is MUCH more likely to confront others.

  2. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Hmm, well I'm pretty sure that I'm an NF, not an SF. But the dominant Je function comment does seem to ring true. If I was a P, I would probably be more open-minded and adaptable based on the particular situation...and therefore less likely to stick to my guns and be enraged when someone questions my firmly held and structured opinions. Is that what you mean? Or is there just some trait that makes the judging (rather than perceiving) type also be assertive?

    Alright, I'm going to try to put this into simpler terms so I can understand better, so please don't think I'm negatively stereotyping anyone haha. I'm assuming you mean that because I'm "judging" (J), I'm more likely to want to get up in your face and tell you how I feel than watch you do something I think is foolish just because you think it seems like a good idea at the moment (P). And because I'm an extravert, I'm not afraid to do so and won't hold back. Is that right?

    If so, that makes sense. If not, I guess I'm still not really getting it, lol.

  3. #13
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spastic_Blondie View Post
    Hmm, well I'm pretty sure that I'm an NF, not an SF. But the dominant Je function does make a lot of sense. If I was a P, I would probably be more open-minded and adaptable based on the particular situation...and therefore less likely to stick to my guns and be enraged when someone questions my firmly held and structured opinions. Is that what you mean? Or is there just some trait that makes the judging (rather than perceiving) type also be assertive?
    No actually this isn't true. You could be an ENFP who sticks to your guns and stick firmly to your opinions because you have Fi. Fi can make people very stubborn about sticking to their guns.

    Alright, I'm going to try to put this into simpler terms so I can understand better, so please don't think I'm negatively stereotyping anyone haha. I'm assuming you mean that because I'm "judging" (J), I'm more likely to want to get up in your face and tell you how I feel than watch you do something I think is foolish just because you think it seems like a good idea at the moment (P). And because I'm an extravert, I'm not afraid to do so and won't hold back. Is that right?

    If so, that makes sense. If not, I guess I'm still not really getting it, lol.
    You actually don't sound a whole lot different from me.

  4. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    No actually this isn't true. You could be an ENFP who sticks to your guns and stick firmly to your opinions because you have Fi. Fi can make people very stubborn about sticking to their guns.



    You actually don't sound a whole lot different from me.

    Well, like I said, I know that I display some of the qualities of an ENFP. So far my best guess has been that I'm an ENFJ, but I'm still learning about this and so I could be wrong. The main thing is that I tend to make decisions and form opinions about things ahead of time. The open-mindedness/flexibility, while it can be a very admirable trait in many ways, doesn't seem to work as well for me in general. I tend to base my actions on the countless things I've learned in the past and decisions I've made over time. It helps for me to have set standards, rules, and even a schedule to live by.

    Whatever my personality type may be, I am definitely stubborn and not afraid of conflict...though as far as "stubborn" goes, by no means would I consider myself rebellious. Not sure if that gives any clues as to what my actual type really is or not. Probably not haha.

  5. #15
    Probably Most Brilliant Craft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A
    Posts
    1,200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    No actually this isn't true. You could be an ENFP who sticks to your guns and stick firmly to your opinions because you have Fi. Fi can make people very stubborn about sticking to their guns.
    And Ti as well. Though Fi does significantly attach the person with the object, therefore, Fi will care significantly more as oppose to the usual apathy from Ti.

    Still, Je is the external organizational function(speech, smiles, hugs, nods, order etc.). It's rank in the hierarchy indirectly correlates with how comfortable a person is with the function.

    An INFP will tend[indirect] to be uncomfortable at confrontation but if Fi is so strongly attached, he or she will confront regardless of how uncomfortable it is. The reasoning is based on the lesser of two evils. In comparison, An ENFJ will tend[indirect] to confront with ease.

  6. #16
    Probably Most Brilliant Craft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A
    Posts
    1,200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spastic_Blondie View Post
    Hmm, well I'm pretty sure that I'm an NF, not an SF. But the dominant Je function comment does seem to ring true. If I was a P, I would probably be more open-minded and adaptable based on the particular situation...and therefore less likely to stick to my guns and be enraged when someone questions my firmly held and structured opinions. Is that what you mean? Or is there just some trait that makes the judging (rather than perceiving) type also be assertive?
    I'd say you will tend to respond more but your logic will be more flexible as compared to a Ti Dom. An INFP would probably have stronger values.

    I'm assuming you mean that because I'm "judging" (J), I'm more likely to want to get up in your face and tell you how I feel than watch you do something I think is foolish just because you think it seems like a good idea at the moment (P). And because I'm an extravert, I'm not afraid to do so and won't hold back. Is that right?
    The definition of Judging in strict MBTI is simply preference for quick decisions. For Extroversion, energy from outside. Extroverted Judging, on the other hand, is different.

  7. #17
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spastic_Blondie View Post
    Well, like I said, I know that I display some of the qualities of an ENFP. So far my best guess has been that I'm an ENFJ, but I'm still learning about this and so I could be wrong. The main thing is that I tend to make decisions and form opinions about things ahead of time. The open-mindedness/flexibility, while it can be a very admirable trait in many ways, doesn't seem to work as well for me in general.
    What do you mean by form opinions ahead of time? Do you make decisions quickly, or do you just mean you have a strong internal ethical code?

    I tend to base my actions on the countless things I've learned in the past and decisions I've made over time. It helps for me to have set standards, rules, and even a schedule to live by.
    This is all Si, which is a function that ENFJ does not have. It is, however, a function that ENFP and ESFJ have.

    Whatever my personality type may be, I am definitely stubborn and not afraid of conflict...though as far as "stubborn" goes, by no means would I consider myself rebellious. Not sure if that gives any clues as to what my actual type really is or not. Probably not haha.
    It's better to try to determine whether you're using Fe or Fi, as Fe would be your dominant function as an ENFJ or ESFJ.

  8. #18
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    And Ti as well. Though Fi does significantly attach the person with the object, therefore, Fi will care significantly more as oppose to the usual apathy from Ti.

    Still, Je is the external organizational function(speech, smiles, hugs, nods, order etc.). It's rank in the hierarchy indirectly correlates with how comfortable a person is with the function.

    An INFP will tend[indirect] to be uncomfortable at confrontation but if Fi is so strongly attached, he or she will confront regardless of how uncomfortable it is. The reasoning is based on the lesser of two evils. In comparison, An ENFJ will tend[indirect] to confront with ease.
    I said ENFP, not INFP. ENFPs can be very confrontational because of the Te push. This isn't INFP vs. ENFJ, it's ENFP vs. ENFJ (or ESFJ).

  9. #19
    Senior Member Blossom500's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Posts
    142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I said ENFP, not INFP. ENFPs can be very confrontational because of the Te push. This isn't INFP vs. ENFJ, it's ENFP vs. ENFJ (or ESFJ).
    Think with ENFP it could be the Fi that kicks in with the "hey buddy you have gone to far and are stepping on my values" that pushes the Te. Most likely the Fi is why it often comes as a big shock to people because I, for example, let things slide until it gets serious and then BAMM! in with the Te that has all the knowledge of the Ne behind it.

  10. #20
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    i always imagined if an ENFJ jumped into a conflict, they'd be really good at it.. and convincing. the kind of person who could say something profound or penetrating, get people on their side.. maybe even shame the person they're in conflict with, and put an end to it that way (provided that they're on the right side of things).

Similar Threads

  1. [ENFJ] Why are ENFJ's afraid to reflect- what are the type of dark thoughts they avoid??
    By ladypinkington in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 08-07-2012, 06:39 PM
  2. Replies: 42
    Last Post: 02-26-2011, 11:41 PM
  3. [ENFJ] ENFJ in want of snuggles tonight
    By ExAstrisSpes in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 09-30-2010, 06:04 PM
  4. [ENFJ] ENFJs: Falling out of love? Does it even happen?
    By MmmCrazy in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 11-01-2009, 12:56 AM
  5. [MBTItm] Thriving off of conflict, debates, and/or proving your point?
    By cogdecree in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-06-2009, 11:43 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO