• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] Aren't INFJs supposed to be a very rare type?

NegativeZero

MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
5w4
Most INFJs are confused ISFJs or somewhat organized INFPs.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've thought about this, some types in general. (INTJ's as well.) I think that places like this are a safe haven for INFJ's and INTJ's. Because they are so few and far between, I imagine that they feel a little "other worldly" and the internet is a good place to talk about things that are on their mind and sort out any issues or things that they might have with less judgment, or less fear of rejection, (as we are all strangers anyway, and there is less at stake.) It's nice that these places have a way of making them feel full of superpowers, like some kind of a special and exotic breed, but I think IRL a lot of them just feel like weird outcasts, and they need to escape from that. Seems like ISXJ's in general may feel more understood and able to navigate the world and their forms of communication are more widely accepted, so, therefore they don't run to forums for cover.

Reverie

In orbit
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx
It's nice that these places have a way of making them feel full of superpowers, like some kind of a special and exotic breed, but I think IRL a lot of them just feel like weird outcasts, and they need to escape from that..
I can't speak for all INFJs obviously, but I personally felt like a weird outcast because of feeling misunderstood...now outwardly is a very different story. I have never been an outcast in the eyes of my peers or society in general. To the contrary: I've always been well liked and successfull in the way people tend to define success. Quirky, yes, but generally popular. I'm not a stereotypical internet dweeb sitting in my mom's basement with klingon ears on plotting world demise, although I could be, nothing wrong with that. I actually function very well in the "real" world, so it's not that. :) These forums are fun because I've not people with the same "headset" as me in person. And I've certainly met many strange and exotic people, cause I've been all over the place. ;) Just not people I feel kinship with... but if you don't think a person can in this modern world be genuinely born a little mythical, epic and dreamy you just wont like INFJs... God knows it ain't the first time I've heard "You think you're special somehow...etc.." Just being myself, thank you.

Inverness

MBTI Type
INFJ
I can't speak for all INFJs obviously, but I personally felt like a weird outcast because of feeling misunderstood...now outwardly is a very different story. I have never been an outcast in the eyes of my peers or society in general. To the contrary: I've always been well liked and successfull in the way people tend to define success. Quirky, yes, but generally popular. I'm not a stereotypical internet dweeb sitting in my mom's basement with klingon ears on plotting world demise, although I could be, nothing wrong with that.

I'd certainly agree with that as well, I'm well liked by many friends...I wouldn't say uber-popular (I've never sought after that), but no one views me as some fringe weirdo...quirky...definitely. But of course the truth of it is, they only know layers 1 or 2...deeper and deeper...and this same 'real world confidence' begins to become less apparent...when it begins to transition to 'stranger in a strange land' feelings.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can't speak for all INFJs obviously, but I personally felt like a weird outcast because of feeling misunderstood...now outwardly is a very different story. I have never been an outcast in the eyes of my peers or society in general. To the contrary: I've always been well liked and successfull in the way people tend to define success. Quirky, yes, but generally popular. I'm not a stereotypical internet dweeb sitting in my mom's basement with klingon ears on plotting world demise, although I could be, nothing wrong with that. I actually function very well in the "real" world, so it's not that. :) These forums are fun because I've not people with the same "headset" as me in person. And I've certainly met many strange and exotic people, cause I've been all over the place. ;) Just not people I feel kinship with... but if you don't think a person can in this modern world be genuinely born a little mythical, epic and dreamy you just wont like INFJs... God knows it ain't the first time I've heard "You think you're special somehow...etc.." Just being myself, thank you.

Hmm.. actually, I didn't say (or imply) that they were outwardly weird, or that they were internet dweebs. I thought (and said, as far as I can see,) that they may feel like weird outcasts and they would find more people to talk to online. (Well, to make them feel more special and unique rather than weird and misunderstood.)

Reverie

In orbit
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx
Hmm.. actually, I didn't say (or imply) that they were outwardly weird, or that they were internet dweebs. I thought (and said, as far as I can see,) that they may feel like weird outcasts and they would find more people to talk to online. (Well, to make them feel more special and unique rather than weird and misunderstood.)
Oh ok. I just missunderstood you. :)

Lily flower

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Two percent of 6.94 billion people (the world population) is still 138,800,000 people. So we may be rare compared to other types, but there are still a lot of us.

Plus, INFJ's are the types who really like the typology forum, so I'm sure there are a lot more of us on here than other types.

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
INFJ's are the types who really like the typology forum, so I'm sure there are a lot more of us on here than other types.

+1

Ns in general dominate these forums and yet we are only 20% of the population. INFJs are particularly well represented because I think such inner reflection that's seen on these forums appeals to the INFJ zeitgeist. I agree with you completely. <-- In fact this is one of the reasons I like hanging out on TypoC. I get to be my N-self in an N-dominant atmosphere. And, I get to talk to lots of other NFs (especially INFJs) who I adore.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I was talking to someone on here a while back who told me i'm an INFJ (and had an OMG moment when i read up on them) and i replied that i couldn't be because i am not special nor rare .. Be it an SF or NF, i'm still me and nothing will change that.