User Tag List

First 6789 Last

Results 71 to 80 of 89

  1. #71
    Senor Membrane
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    3,190

    Default

    I know one INFJ who might actually be ENFJ, and one ENFJ who might be an INFJ. There aren't so many of them... this site is an INFx magnet, that's all. I have never found a forum that felt so much like me.

  2. #72
    Senior Member mochajava's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    478

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kccrush View Post
    I don't understand why anyone would choose to be an INFJ? Sure it's fun sometimes, but interacting with the world is toughest for the INFJ. Not exactly an INFJ-friendly universe out there...I'm just saying, if you had to fake it, you should go for ENTP or something strong and deliberate and in-your-face. The INFJ ways, I think, are too unappreciated to be highly desired by others.

    ps, Sailboat....very funny!!
    Agreed, kccrush!

  3. #73
    Senior Member mochajava's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    478

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    I'm a little suspicious of everyone I know having an ex-gf that was an INFJ. Either there are some INFJs out there who date a whole lot more than the ones I'm acquainted with or someone is misdiagnosed. On the other hand, I would be careful not to tell someone that they were or weren't a specific type, as they know themselves better than I do. I'm quite sure I'm an INFJ, but I suppose it's possible that I'm not. Maybe others are equally deluded...
    I dated a lot simply because I was better at making SOs than close friends. I've heard others (type unknown) share this sentiment as well. Something about the quietish personality, maybe? Also, the relationship w/ an SO is more deep more quickly than with friends, particularly for me who tends to bond at the speed of mycobacterial growth.

  4. #74
    In orbit
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx
    Posts
    291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kccrush View Post
    I don't understand why anyone would choose to be an INFJ? Sure it's fun sometimes, but interacting with the world is toughest for the INFJ. Not exactly an INFJ-friendly universe out there...I'm just saying, if you had to fake it, you should go for ENTP or something strong and deliberate and in-your-face. The INFJ ways, I think, are too unappreciated to be highly desired by others.

    ps, Sailboat....very funny!!
    Amen to this. I lived over thirty years feeling like an alien observing a foreign race and have gone through some very painful experiences of loneliness, isolation and generally being thoroughly and absolutely misunderstood... Which in all fairness are very common human emotions; I claim no monopoly.
    I suppose it's the reason for the alienation where I find the label The mystic is an accurate description... not as in mystic because I would be better or purer or any of that baloney (no just another humanly human warts and all) but because of that being this nature of the beast. (And I'm not implying any monopoly on spirituality either, just a function of Ni) The faculty just works that way. It's a little hard to explain that you have a grand self forming metaphysical/ontological framework (EDIT: all the labels are of course later additions. You delve in books to find concepts and labels to make things understandable to everyone else.) based mostly on inspired vision that you live by. Sounds like a load of pompous pretentious baloney or lunacy to most people. So what if you actually are just that way. Are you pompous lunatic full of baloney? It's just no fun being around people sometimes...not with Fe. But no use crying about it..
    I had personally never met another INFJ untill I stumbled upon one in the music scene. I first got introduced to Briggs Myers by doing some test for fun and we scored the same.
    I come to these forums because I'm exhilarated to be "the same" as everyone else instead of an anomaly. It feels comforting.
    Most people don't like being lumped or categorized, and want to be individual. I'm revelling in the sameness. It feels good floating in a pool of similiarity..
    Last edited by Reverie; 08-26-2011 at 03:32 AM.

  5. #75
    morose bourgeoisie
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    3,859

    Default

    I'm an INFJ. We're all INFJs.

  6. #76
    Member Inverness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    99

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverie View Post
    Amen to this. I lived over thirty years feeling like an alien observing a foreign race and have gone through some very painful experiences of loneliness, isolation and generally being thoroughly and absolutely misunderstood.......
    Definitely echos with me as well, to the point that if I was to expand on such...I would sound like a complete loon. Though I don't post much, I do check many of the articles here because it is definitely nice to hear from other INFJs...and every INFJ on the planet is on this site, so there's a good bit of content to soak in.

  7. #77
    In orbit
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx
    Posts
    291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Inverness View Post
    Definitely echos with me as well, to the point that if I was to expand on such...I would sound like a complete loon. Though I don't post much, I do check many of the articles here because it is definitely nice to hear from other INFJs...and every INFJ on the planet is on this site, so there's a good bit of content to soak in.
    Yeah, it's one key reason I think many INFJs are quiet about things: The looniness of it all.
    In my personal experience of being an INFJ is like, if it was a story, being this normal average person growing up in an apartment hearing...let's say... a symphony orchestra play the most amazing piece of music you've ever heard right next door all the time...(..You think..how strange but maybe It's a huge apartment next door...massive..) Then you may casually mention to your family "Say isn't that piece of music amazing" but to your horror they haven't heard anything. You think "hold on there..You say you can't hear that huge orchestra playing next door...and they point out the obvious, which is there cannot be an orchestra there, the flat's too small and an old lady with two cats lives there. But you are absolutely sure there's a damn orchestra there, because you hear it all the time...Well maybe your family will give you the benefit of the doubt and give you a harmonica and a rhythm egg to replicate the piece. It goes horribly wrong. By this time they think you're maybe a little too stressed and not so normal. You may begin to question wether it actually is so and start pretending there's nothing next door...even if you still hear the music through the wall. But secretly it keeps bugging you and you may even eventually go and learn composition theory and master some instruments to someday portray that piece of music as accurately as you can. And when people say INFJs are these mythical mystical beings I would say...no that's all wrong...it's not like the we made the music. We just heard this song play from next door while watching wheel of fortune in our living room with bunnyslippers on and thought everyone else did too and can't understand why they can't!!

  8. #78

    Default

    They are probably rare in real life. On typology forums they are a dime a dozen. It is either because infj like typology or they mistyped. I don't know which. Then again maybe they aren't that rare... they could be common as dirt. I wouldn't really know...

  9. #79
    Member Inverness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    99

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverie View Post
    Yeah, it's one key reason I think many INFJs are quiet about things: The looniness of it all.
    In my personal experience of being an INFJ is like, if it was a story, being this normal average person growing up in an apartment hearing...let's say... a symphony orchestra play the most amazing piece of music you've ever heard right next door all the time...(..You think..how strange but maybe It's a huge apartment next door...massive..) Then you may casually mention to your family "Say isn't that piece of music amazing" but to your horror they haven't heard anything. You think "hold on there..You say you can't hear that huge orchestra playing next door...and they point out the obvious, which is there cannot be an orchestra there, the flat's too small and an old lady with two cats lives there. But you are absolutely sure there's a damn orchestra there, because you hear it all the time...Well maybe your family will give you the benefit of the doubt and give you a harmonica and a rhythm egg to replicate the piece. It goes horribly wrong. By this time they think you're maybe a little too stressed and not so normal. You may begin to question wether it actually is so and start pretending there's nothing next door...even if you still hear the music through the wall. But secretly it keeps bugging you and you may even eventually go and learn composition theory and master some instruments to someday portray that piece of music as accurately as you can. And when people say INFJs are these mythical mystical beings I would say...no that's all wrong...it's not like the we made the music. We just heard this song play from next door while watching wheel of fortune in our living room with bunnyslippers on and thought everyone else did too and can't understand why they can't!!
    While I've not had that specific occurrence, there's always a lot of weird stuff tracking in and out of my head, in order to maintain the 'not completely insane' appearance...I'll usually end up keeping it to myself. XD

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    They are probably rare in real life. On typology forums they are a dime a dozen. It is either because infj like typology or they mistyped. I don't know which. Then again maybe they aren't that rare... they could be common as dirt. I wouldn't really know...
    I think it has a lot to do with how much we like think about things like this, I know of one other INFJ and they seemed to like to hear about this as stuff as much as I do...all other types seemed to be content with the 'oh, okay, so that's my type...next' approach....with the exception of an ESFJ I know, they seemed to be a good bit intrigued by it as well. And just because this type is supposedly and inherently rare...it doesn't make it better...I can't speak for all, but it's a lonely little world living in your head and not being able to communicate what's in there to others (also going back to the idea of why we like to stick together on places such as this), not sure I'd choose this one out of the 16 if there was a real choice.

  10. #80
    ReflecTcelfeR
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    They are probably rare in real life. On typology forums they are a dime a dozen. It is either because infj like typology or they mistyped. I don't know which. Then again maybe they aren't that rare... they could be common as dirt. I wouldn't really know...
    I believe that they are rare in America... Because that's where Myer-Briggs system is the most prevalent and actually where Myer-Briggs is directing their system. This is what I read in the least. So they might not be so rare everywhere.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-25-2014, 01:43 AM
  2. Do you ever find INFJ's to be a bit cold at first?
    By iNtrovert in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 05-26-2013, 09:54 PM
  3. [INFJ] INFJs - but you're supposed to be empathic!
    By metalmommy in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 08-30-2012, 07:27 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO