User Tag List

First 56789 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by scortia View Post
    My stance has always been that INFJs are probably the most obsessed with what makes up our personalities... what makes us unique, how we tick, and how we can improve ourselves. So, logically, we'd be the group that gravitates to this board. Just look at the lack of SF and ST on the board despite being like 75%+ of the populace. It isn't a drive in their lives.
    Plus we're so misunderstood sometimes that we start to wonder if there's something wrong with us. And when we find that there are others like us, we flock together.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

MBTI
    NiTi
    Socionics
    EII

I think as mentioned earlier people do gravitate towards wanting to be infj's, the description (whether accurate or not) describes infj's with a deep reservoir of empathy, ability to understand things most people are unable to grasp, and have a steady focus of applying to themselves for the projects they see worth devoting themselves to. Of course all the types have positive attributes, but in my opinion the infj has the best (or one of the best) good qualities listed.

I think, there is a lot of bias in typing ourselves. It is easy to see when we feel emotional, we are using abstract thought, as well as other processes. And because it is relatively easy to focus on certain emotions it is easy to omit noticing others and see oneself more as an infj (or whatever)

For myself personally I feel like I still haven't figured out my personality because it is balanced along e/i, f/t, and j/p, and yet it seems to adapt and change as needed depending on the people and situation.

Of course it is also possible that this theory and website do attract a lot of infj's.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 so/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Meh, being an INFJ is nothing special. Wishing to be an INFJ is like wishing to be a lighthouse keeper in a remote island. Not sure why would anyone be attracted to that image.

In my sick way I love that image though

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

i think i secretly (well not secretly anymore) aspire to be an INFJ. because i love my NF, but i aspire to develop better restraint and be more guarded and reflective like an I, and i also aspire to develop better following through and decisiveness like a J.

the lighthouse imagery is lovely to me as well.

i feel like enfp is more like the turbulent and ever-changing ocean, lol

MBTI
    INFJ

I was thinking...

1% of population is INFJ.
    5% of population is gay.

Think about it... Gays are fighting for their rights, and there are five times more of them. Still they have to fight for acceptance. How is it for a group that is five times rarer? Misunderstood much?

I'd guess on average my friends know 2 gay people each. Dividing it by five (1% vs 5%) gives us a result of them statistically knowing 0.4 INFJs. So, every third would be likely to know one. Sounds reasonable, but it's just an estimate.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I can think of 5 INFJs I know IRL offhand.....seriously. Online, I can think of like 2 more that I know outside of MBTI sites. I seem to meet them easier than my fellow INFPs.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Really? I'm the opposite. We should have a friend exchange every now and then!

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle99 View Post
    Plus we're so misunderstood sometimes that we start to wonder if there's something wrong with us. And when we find that there are others like us, we flock together.
    Good point. I had my students take the test for the last few years and my few NFs are the only people who are REALLY into the test after reading their types. And, the INFJs especially, go home and research more. And yes, those are my quirkiest students who are INFJs. They often put on a mask to deal with being so different while in public. A coping mechanism I still use to a lesser degree myself. I think I enjoy the experiment more than my students... it's fun to see how they react to the test and their results.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I have three close friends who've tested as INFJ and said they really identified with it. I would say one is definitely INFJ and I think she might be 1w9. Another is probably INFJ, I'd say, though I've wondered if she might be INFP - I'm not sure anything else seems likely. I'd say she is DEFINITELY an e-type 4.

As for the third, I have my doubts as to whether she's INFJ. I love her muchly but she can be very aggressive and opinionated. Several mutual friends and acquaintances have also expressed the opinion that she can be quite manipulative, and unfortunately I see a bit of truth in that. I'm not sure it fits with INFJ. I think she's more likely some kind of ExxJ.

I did discover when I went over to Ireland last year that many of my friends there had developed an interest in MBTI since I lived there, which was kind of funny. The majority with whom I discussed it claimed to be some kind of N. I just think this is a trend with people who are interested in MBTI, whether or not they've typed themselves correctly. One of my male friends was supposed to be in INFJ, which I think was quite possible, but I don't know him quite well enough to be sure. The resident ESFJ spent two days running down Ns and telling us how lucky we were to have S's around to keep our feet on the ground. She's married to an INTP. Ouch.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

I actually don't know a single INFJ IRL. As in... taking mental note just now I know IRL people of every single damn type except INFJ.

Weird.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole