User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by guesswho View Post
    I have never met an INFJ. I still have about 40-60 years to do that.

Wish me luck!
    We're usually in this position:

If you spot one, don't sneak up too fast, you don't want to scare them.

MBTI
    INFJ

I don't understand why anyone would choose to be an INFJ? Sure it's fun sometimes, but interacting with the world is toughest for the INFJ. Not exactly an INFJ-friendly universe out there...I'm just saying, if you had to fake it, you should go for ENTP or something strong and deliberate and in-your-face. The INFJ ways, I think, are too unappreciated to be highly desired by others.

ps, Sailboat....very funny!!

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    I'm actually shocked anybody would want to be one!
    What he said. Why would anyone want the mind twisting combo of Ni Fe Ti Se?
    I know I'm an INFJ. I've never met another INFJ, which is why I enjoy reading these threads so much. I often find myself feeling like I'm looking in a mirror.

WinterWriter

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so

I did introduce the two male, gay INFJs I know to one another—they had long reminded me of each other. One described the experience as "kind of like seeing an actor portray you on TV." In this case I think they had more in common than is typical for people of the same type, but was still fun to observe.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    EIE None

In church and the music scene INFJ's are everywhere, lots of guys even (1% of the human population), which is kind of obvious, given the power of IN EF in understanding people. It's just that the world is 70% SENSE type, and INFJ's have little Introverted Feeling to assert themselves, unless they're a weak J at the margin, as INFP is dominant IF. I don't think of the 8 combinations...

Myers-Briggs Personality Types Development Dynamics: Myers, Briggs & Carl Jung

...so much in terms of highest to lowest, but moreso, in what capacity, meaning, how much of the auxiliary traits can we utilize, and how can we develop our strengths. Introverted Intuition's the most powerful trait of the 16, in my opinion. I can only speak for myself, but I find my bosses, ask me for advice and objective criticism very easily over other more seasoned peers at work, and I attribute that to my INFJness in being a good listener and being approachable to give advice and council to others. Carl Jung, the creator of this entire typology is an INFJ, for who else would make such leaps in judgment about the mind but the author-protector-cousellor, INFJ-type?

Counselor (role variant) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Good company to be in, in my opinion, just difficult considering there are so few of us.
    "Truth stands true, independent of whether you agree with it or not."

"Don't let what matters least, matter most."

Extroverted (E) 50% Introverted (I) 50%
    Intuitive (N) 62.5% Sensing (S) 37.5%
    Feeling (F) 51.61% Thinking (T) 48.39%
    Judging (J) 51.52% Perceiving (P) 48.48%
    8w9 EIE

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Words of Ivory View Post
    INFJs are supposed to be... what? A type that is held by as little as 1% - 2% of people? If this is in fact true, why does it seem to me that there in fact an huge abundance of people who claim to be this type?
    INFJs are quite disproportionately common on internet discussion boards. It's a much more comfortable and impersonal way to communicate for an introvert, and it would logically seem to me that INFJs actually like people (being Fe types and all), but are overwhelmed by direct social contact (being Fe types and all). This kind of community is a nice proxy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    EIE None

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    INFJs are quite disproportionately common on internet discussion boards. It's a much more comfortable and impersonal way to communicate for an introvert, and it would logically seem to me that INFJs actually like people (being Fe types and all), but are overwhelmed by direct social contact (being Fe types and all). This kind of community is a nice proxy.
    ...and because of our natural ability to write.

INFJ Careers
    "Truth stands true, independent of whether you agree with it or not."

"Don't let what matters least, matter most."

Extroverted (E) 50% Introverted (I) 50%
    Intuitive (N) 62.5% Sensing (S) 37.5%
    Feeling (F) 51.61% Thinking (T) 48.39%
    Judging (J) 51.52% Perceiving (P) 48.48%
    8w9 EIE

MBTI
    INTJ

Don't those statistics come from online tests? Meaning, people go online, take the tests, and 1-2 percent of them come out with an INFJ result? Even if they were largely mistyped, we're still talking about 1-2 percent who think they're INFJ. Of everybody I've ever known who has taken the test, I don't know any who tried to skew their result or wished to be a type they weren't. I do know one person who took the test quickly, saw a famous name of someone who shared that type, and immediately decided she liked that type and would keep it based on the famous person whose type she now shared. But she wasn't INFJ, she was a more common type.

I think INFJ's are rare - I only know of one in real life - and I don't know of any who are trying to pass as INFJ. But they probably, for whatever reason, are disproportionately represented on MBTI forums.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Exactly. It is my experience that the internet, as well as certain interests such as the music scene, as one poster pointed out. I've met several fellow INFJs on the Ren Faire circuit as well (but still not more than 5 or 6).
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

MBTI
    INFJ

My stance has always been that INFJs are probably the most obsessed with what makes up our personalities... what makes us unique, how we tick, and how we can improve ourselves. So, logically, we'd be the group that gravitates to this board. Just look at the lack of SF and ST on the board despite being like 75%+ of the populace. It isn't a drive in their lives.