User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    Being INFJ sucks big time sometimes. It's not an easy internal world to grapple with (not that the same can't be said for other types. I suppose we each have our unique battles). I don't exactly wish it upon anybody. It's eased up with age, but for sure in my teens and 20's I was for the most part one unhappy/dissatisfied camper.
    This is very true. Being an INFJ does not seem easy. The INFJ I know seems to experience a lot of negative emotions. But I sure am glad to have you guys around. You do a lot of good things for the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo View Post
    You lie!!
    j/k, ENFP's are kinda cool, I guess..
    Kinda cool? You guess? Mr. Mondo, I will be asking you for an explanation later.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

INFJ is a rare type. But you know how it is with rare things, everyone wants em
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

INXXs are 'rare' at parties and social gatherings but very common on the internet

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    IEE

I've traveled a lot and met lots of people in my life. From my experience, yes they are rare, as are INTJs. Can only count meeting about a handful of either type.

But I hope I'm wrong, that I've just been unlucky and that they are not rare - this world would be all the poorer if they were truly so statistically insignificant in comparison to other types.

"Neurotic, ha!"
    I let out a scornful laugh.
    "If neurotic is wanting two mutually exclusive things at one and the same time, then I'm neurotic as hell.
    I'll be flying back and forth between one mutually exclusive thing and another for the rest of my days.
    "

— Sylvia Plath, The Bell Jar.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I know where the OP is coming from. I am about as sure as I can be that I’m an INFJ, as compared to the other types. I took the MBTI without knowing the slightest thing about it – my manager at work just asked us all to take the test. I had always been sceptical of personality tests, but when I read the INFJ description, I was shocked at how accurate it seemed – even some things I was vaguely aware of but had trouble articulating. When I later looked more into the other types, there were none that I identified with nearly as much – except to a certain extent with ISFJ and INFP.

I think INFJ is supposed to have a bit of a “glamour” about it though, as it’s “special” and “rare” and all this. I think a lot of “real” INFJs would tell you that it’s not necessarily a highly desirable thing to be, not more so than other types, anyway. It’s rather exhausting actually…

Certainly online, in forums such as these, there is a pro-N bias and anti-S, and it certainly makes sense that more introverted N types would be on these forums than extroverted S types, or even introverted S types.

It does also seem that the vast majority of “real” or “professed” INFJs on the internet claim to have more of a lean toward an NT type such as INTJ or INTP (still "rare" and "special") than toward, say, ISFJ. With the possible exception of INFP, I know for a fact that the closest second type for me would be ISFJ. I know (and am not ashamed!) that I am a fairly “S” INFJ. However, the descriptions for INFJ make far, far more sense for me than ISFJ, and I quite consistently type as INFJ in any tests I have taken – occasionally I get other results, but not that often. (I seem to have fairly close splits/be fairly balanced. F seems to remain consistent over T.)

Just rambling, sorry, and I probably didn’t add anything of great interest that others didn’t say already!
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Liesl View Post

Kinda cool? You guess? Mr. Mondo, I will be asking you for an explanation later.

Ms. Liesl, I might have guessed incorrectly.
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

MBTI
    INFJ

I have found, so far, that I am related to three other INFJ's.

I don't fret though, I know I am a ~speshul snowflake~*.

I know an ENFJ and ISFJs.. I think that area somewhere in between is someone I've never met. I wouldn't doubt that many ISFJs could be mistyped as INFJ though. Some people might think they lack depth, but they simply do not. It all depends on their upbringing perhaps, which might make some seem as well rounded as N. There's an ISFJ I know who's a far better artist than I will ever be, grew up very cultured, educated, and multilingual, moving back and forth between Singapore and France, has a literal noble family actually.. but, our disgreements almost seemed to come down to Se/Si. As much as she experienced, she'd still get alarmed and shell up at some new or unsual things. And it was hard to tap into my own "Ni" view on things to bring it to something that'd make sense to her.. so I actually kind of just resolved things on an F level (I guess! For lack of a better way of putting it). The ENFJ, otoh, never is like this though..she can put herself in many situations. We can see eye to eye in our perceptions many times. My only disagreements with her are.. to do with her flighty Fe or something. I'm totally immune to ENFJ charisma

Anyways.. not sure what my point is. If it's supposed to be a rare type, and some ISFJs might be INFJs, they definitely shouldn't feel commonplace about it. That comes down to their experience, not their type. Some people might really need to examine whether they identify with Ni though. I don't think it's that simple.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Sailboat View Post
    I have found, so far, that I am related to three other INFJ's.

I don't fret though, I know I am a ~speshul snowflake~*.
    Bwahahahaha
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    ENTP

I have never met an INFJ. I still have about 40-60 years to do that.

Wish me luck!