User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

i dont think infj`s are as uncommon as people think either.

ReflecTcelfeR

I'm often afraid of taking the test and answering the question along the lines of how I want to be and not who I am. I think this fear/truth is the reason why a great deal are misdiagnosed as INFJ's, or any type for that matter.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    I'm actually shocked anybody would want to be one!
    I know, right? Since "rare" is the euphemism for "weird."

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Liesl View Post
    Raises hand!

(I'm happy being an ENFP.)

You lie!!

j/k, ENFP's are kinda cool, I guess..
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Words of Ivory
    INFJs are supposed to be... what? A type that is held by as little as 1% - 2% of people? If this is in fact true, why does it seem to me that there in fact an huge abundance of people who claim to be this type? How do you tell the bogus ones from the real ones?
    INFJ's really are supposed to be that rare. I've only met three or four in my life and I know a lot of people. Obviously, there are a lot of bogus ones out there.. like the question I brought up: who doesn't want to be an INFJ?
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    I'm a little suspicious of everyone I know having an ex-gf that was an INFJ. Either there are some INFJs out there who date a whole lot more than the ones I'm acquainted with or someone is misdiagnosed. On the other hand, I would be careful not to tell someone that they were or weren't a specific type, as they know themselves better than I do. I'm quite sure I'm an INFJ, but I suppose it's possible that I'm not. Maybe others are equally deluded...
    Or they really really suck at personality typing.

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    i didnt read this, but i think they might just be a rare type to test themselves or then many isfjs are confusing themselves as infj
    I love ISFJs. ISFJs should love themselves because I love them.

On the other hand, I very well could be an ISFJ.
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Most of the statistics out there are rather dubious if you look into how they have been collected....I suppose it's a rough guide, but there could be twice that many INFJs - who's to say some INFPs or INTJs aren't really INFJs who mis-tested? Really, there is an over-representation of ALL the iNtuitive types online when compared to population percents. This can be explained for many reasons, the most obvious reason already mentioned being that N types are often drawn to theory more than S types (a generalization of course).

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_Orbit View Post
    This is a bit strange to me. I almost think you don't want too many people to be INFJ because you yourself think that INFJs are so special and nice and reclusive saints etc etc.

When was the last time there was an accurate test to see the percentages of certain types? What were their methods for ascertaining those numbers? Why do you believe it? And why do you care?

It just doesn't seem like a big deal, whether there are 1% or 50% INFJs, you are still an individual.

Oh, and I think it's a little pompous to think someone mistyped themselves (even if they have) because it makes it seem like they are gravitating towards a "better" type.
    Honestly, I agree with this in a way.... I too sometimes get this vibe when people start complaining that too many belong to their rare type. I've been guilty of it myself, and it reeks of an elitist attitude. There's an implication that your "rare" type is somehow superior to others & so any old person cannot qualify to be that type. It also screams, "I'm sooo special; that many people just cannot share my personality type." Riiight....

On the other hand, N bias is real, the tests are not always well-written, and the profiles can romanticize INxx types and make them more appealing than they are in reality, which is what I see the OP implying. I blogged here about a blog that discussed a similar topic (more about enneagram 4s though).
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Aspiring Troens Ridder KLessard's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

Isabel Myers-Briggs is thought to be INFJ. Her MBTI theories easily attract other INFJs who gather in such sites as Typology Central to get a better understanding of temperaments. Wanting to understand personality type is a typical INFJ thing, which is why they are in great numbers here. This has been discussed before in another thread.

ReflecTcelfeR

I like feeling special too.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    I'm actually shocked anybody would want to be one!
    Being INFJ sucks big time sometimes. It's not an easy internal world to grapple with (not that the same can't be said for other types. I suppose we each have our unique battles). I don't exactly wish it upon anybody. It's eased up with age, but for sure in my teens and 20's I was for the most part one unhappy/dissatisfied camper.

Yeah, an online forum community such as this is NOT going to reflect societal demographics. It's a very niche community here.

I have become acquainted/friends with 3 INFJ's through real-life means over the years, and a 4th through this forum (and then came to meet/be friends with her irl too).

As for the %'s of each type in the whole population, eh, like others have said there's a margin of error at best. And, to me it doesn't really matter if I or anyone has met a lot of INFJ's irl... they might still comprise just 1-2% of the whole population, but irl you or I could, again, be in more niche crowds where the liklihood of meeting said INFJ's will increase. Or, it could just be a bit of randomness.. happen to meet/get to know quite a few, and maybe 3 miles to the east, and another 50 miles beyond, there's a total vacancy of INFJ's so that in the end the sum total in the entire population is still just 1-2%. If that makes any sense as a silly way to illustrate.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ