User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Default INFJ intense and deep

I have been told frequently that people consider me to be "deep" or "intense," but I'm not sure what they mean. I know that I am a deep thinker, but how do you suppose people see that (externally) as a characteristic?

MBTI
    ENTP

My INFJ girlfriend was always brewing something in her head. Something with multiple layers that extended far into the past and future. It feels witchy and it always made me curious. It's what I find fascinating about her. She is so idiosyncratic and unusual. So possessed of her own personal sense of herself. Regardless of what the world around her demands. It is a radical assertion of self that makes me feel like I am in the presence of someone who has an otherworldly understanding and wisdom.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

facettes de la petite mor Words of Ivory's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Calling INFJs deep and intense is a bit little calling the ocean a shallow paddle pool. Understatement of the century.

Do you ask lots of questions? Do you respond in a serious or inquisitive manner to often light-hearted remarks? Do you randomly start deep and thought-provoking conversations with little incentive from other people? Do you point out a lot of things you notice to people? Are you extremely forward and open about your opinions and observations?

If the answer to even half of those is "yes", you already have your answer.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Life calls out the meaning of pure jubilance,
    if you'll only take the time to hear it."
    ~ Words of Ivory ~

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    My INFJ girlfriend was always brewing something in her head. Something with multiple layers that extended far into the past and future. It feels witchy and it always made me curious. It's what I find fascinating about her. She is so idiosyncratic and unusual. So possessed of her own personal sense of herself. Regardless of what the world around her demands. It is a radical assertion of self that makes me feel like I am in the presence of someone who has an otherworldly understanding and wisdom.
    dang it'd be cool if people think that about me. haha

i've been told a few times that upon first meeting me people thought i was a "badass" like i was tough or something, just because i'm quiet and kind of serious. i'm not tough at all, i'm extremely sensitive. i just don't show it to people i dont know. i guess i dont show much to people i dont know/trust. if i'm around people i'm comfortable with i'm actually very silly and lighthearted.
    i guess its the quiet thoughtfulness and the way an infj might respond to people very seriously that brings about the "intense/deep" thing

MBTI
    INFJ

Funny. I get the opposite. Not that people think I'm shallow, just that they think I'm an open book without a whole lot of substance. Then again, I don't show a whole lot to most people, and always make a concerted effort to put on a good face and make people feel comfortable. I've found that's the most effective way to protect my inner self - convince other people that it doesn't exist.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    What the hell have you been smoking Synarch?

MBTI
    ENTP

True romance.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

Sniffles

One person remarked that there's a depth to me she could only imagine.

Aspiring Troens Ridder KLessard's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Valerie View Post
    I have been told frequently that people consider me to be "deep" or "intense," but I'm not sure what they mean. I know that I am a deep thinker, but how do you suppose people see that (externally) as a characteristic?
    I have been told I was intense too, and it hasn't always been positive. Sometimes it means you are taking things too much to heart and seeing depth people hadn't intended and they will get annoyed at you for dramatizing the situation. Other people are enchanted that you are seeing deeper and complex elements in a situation and will compliment you on it.

I drink your milkshake. Thessaly's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Valerie View Post
    They can probably sense your emotional charge underneath the surface of calm reserve.

I think INFPs are slightly less intense than INFJs because we have this weird tendency to skip along rivers singing "This is the song that never ends".
    With dreamers, pure and simple, the imagination remains a vaguely sketched inner affair. It is not embodied in any aesthetic or practical invention. Reverie is the equivalent of weak desires. Dreamers are the aboulics of the creative imagination.