User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Words of Ivory View Post

Do you ask lots of questions? Do you respond in a serious or inquisitive manner to often light-hearted remarks? Do you randomly start deep and thought-provoking conversations with little incentive from other people? Do you point out a lot of things you notice to people? Are you extremely forward and open about your opinions and observations?
    Me ^

Quote Originally Posted by Thessaly View Post
    They can probably sense your emotional charge underneath the surface of calm reserve.
    True.

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
    I used to revel in this deep/intense description of the INFJ. But then i realized it's, at least in my case, it's true but not really. It creates an impression of something special hidden underneath which needs to be uncovered like a precious treasure *rolls eyes*, and that's how i see other types responding when they think "look, a deep and intense INFJ!".
    That's because others don't understand. Intensity can be equated with being a drama queen. But it's not how I experience intensity at all. It's not something I try to intentionally inflict upon others or for the purposes of showing off. Intensity is something I feel. It's a burning that's always been there. Both a blessing and a curse. Most of the time, I feel that I'm holding myself back. I don't even let most people see it for fear of being judged. Sometimes people will call me intense and I'm not even sure where they picked up on it.

I also don't think deep and intense are the same thing incidentally. A person can possess an intensity or energy about them and not be deep insofar as being intellectual, philosophical or self reflective.

Not sure it's necessary to have "deep/intense" conversations with someone to feel a connection with them.
    No. It's not. But for me it's more meaningful. And I'd like to feel I live a meaningful existence sometimes (if only in my mind).

I think there are some who are afraid (including myself) that if they don't maintain this deepness or intensity that the interest in them may subside.
    I'm afraid if I fully express my intensity that interest in me may subside.

Quote Originally Posted by Thessaly View Post
    I think INFPs are slightly less intense than INFJs because we have this weird tendency to skip along rivers singing "This is the song that never ends".
    I don't agree. INFPs are just as intense. They're just better as hiding it.

MBTI
    INFX
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Onceajoan View Post

That's because others don't understand. Intensity can be equated with being a drama queen. But it's not how I experience intensity at all. It's not something I try to intentionally inflict upon others or for the purposes of showing off. Intensity is something I feel. It's a burning that's always been there. Both a blessing and a curse. Most of the time, I feel that I'm holding myself back. I don't even let most people see it for fear of being judged. Sometimes people will call me intense and I'm not even sure where they picked up on it.
    Yeah, know the feeling. But I guess my point was more that there is so much focus on the depth/intensity that maybe we're missing the forest because we're looking at the trees. I also think it makes this quality seem so exotic that it makes us less relatable or knowable to anyone who wants a friendship/relationship.

I also don't think deep and intense are the same thing incidentally. A person can possess an intensity or energy about them and not be deep insofar as being intellectual, philosophical or self reflective.
    Agree. They shouldn't be confused. Although in the case of the average INFJ, both traits are somehow always interconnected.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Well, nothing sounded particularly INFJ. Maybe the first part about past and future, but even that...it could be another type.

Anyway, that's not the point, I was joking. I certainly don't feel INFJs are this immense pile of mystery though. Not any more than each other type in it's own way. I just see INFJs as megalomaniac. In a passive Fe way.
    Perhaps you haven't gotten to know one well enough, then.