User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    2wX so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle99 View Post
    I know I'm intense and a deep thinker, and for the most part I like that about myself. BUT, I also am terrible at taking criticism - I take things much too personally and can sometimes make mountains out of molehills.
    I can totally relate to being referred to as "intense" and "deep," and it's definitely not always in a good way. I don't, however, take myself TOO seriously and am able to take criticism faily well... especially because I'm my own worst critic.
    I find that people who are critical of me because of my "intensity" are generally put off by my striving to "figure them out"... even when I don't purposely set out to do it, I usually become the most involved with those people that I feel "need" me emotionally. I think that those kinds of people are also the ones who are least likely to be open to my prying and "fix it" nature.

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

I can come off as intense and serious, a bit headstrong too, but when I loosen up with someone I feel I can trust, then the deep stuff comes out. I love discussing philosophical topics, meanings of song lyrics and art, how and why things happen in life, scientific conversations, you name it. The more emotional the conversation gets, especially discussing about the beauty of music and art, the better.

Trouble is, sometimes my emotional intensity over things I enjoy or value sometimes might make people think I'm weird. I sometimes take myself way too seriously, and go off somewhere on my own and brood for a bit whenever I'm angry at myself. Yay for being sensitive!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    What the hell have you been smoking Synarch?
    He wasn't smoking anything! The description he gave sounds very much like an INFJ and fits me quite well, too.

MBTI
    INFJ

Yeah, it's one thing when you're boss calls you intense (as in stop it, you're scaring the junior level employees...) and when your gf says you're intense (as in where'd I find you, you're amazing...). Either way, it is probably just because of the things you're saying and the way you react to the world, which is probably nothing like this other person has ever considered. Alas, that's the unique and mysterious (not always understood) way of the INFJ.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

I don't think the thread title is necessarily correct. In fact, it's likely incorrect more often than it is correct, though there are exceptions.

MBTI
    INFJ

I read through all these descriptions and was like, "this sounds like me". Goodness, this forum is getting addictive. To quote some in particular (until I figure out "multi-quoting"), here are the ones I really liked:
    -aquarelle
    -CuriousFeeling
    -kyli_ryan
    -cascadeco - my social life is easier when I can access that bubbly side I've got. But with the people I value most? I need to express both.
    -eclare
    -KLessard

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Intricate Mystic View Post
    He wasn't smoking anything! The description he gave sounds very much like an INFJ and fits me quite well, too.
    Well, nothing sounded particularly INFJ. Maybe the first part about past and future, but even that...it could be another type.

Anyway, that's not the point, I was joking. I certainly don't feel INFJs are this immense pile of mystery though. Not any more than each other type in it's own way. I just see INFJs as megalomaniac. In a passive Fe way.
    Last edited by Moiety; 07-29-2010 at 07:50 AM. Reason: I'm becoming dyslexic.

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    I certainly don't feel INFJs are this immense pile of mystery though. Not any more than each other type in it's own way.
    Agreed.

I just see INFJs as megalomaniac. In a passive Fe way.
    Would this be a portrayal by INFJs about themselves or by other people about INFJs?

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    Would this be a portrayal by INFJs about themselves or by other people about INFJs?
    By me about INFJs. Think Jesus.

Ni IS the megalomaniac function anyway.

MBTI
    INFX
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    EII

I used to revel in this deep/intense description of the INFJ. But then i realized it's, at least in my case, it's true but not really. It creates an impression of something special hidden underneath which needs to be uncovered like a precious treasure *rolls eyes*, and that's how i see other types responding when they think "look, a deep and intense INFJ!". It creates unrealistic expectations of what will be uncovered underneath. Not sure it's necessary to have "deep/intense" conversations with someone to feel a connection with them. Most people are probably pretty normal, and not that unusual underneath. I think there are some who are afraid (including myself) that if they don't maintain this deepness or intensity that the interest in them may subside.