• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] INFP Bullshit and Romance

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
this is EXACTLY what I was going through with another INFP (relationship wise). Especially #2 and #3. Really frustrating.

Hhmp.. You know, it is nothing personal, but when I read this and basically position myself in the shoes of that INFP, I am getting a little annoyed. I guess this is because the difficulties in motivation really are a lot of trouble for me, and when people even imply it, I get a little touchy. So, the bullshit part here is that I would like to shout "Shut up, I already know I am bad at that and have looked at it from all the angles I can imagine, but just can't find the answer. You can't do it for me." Of course I rarely do this, since I try to be a civilized person, but still, that might be my bullshit and I am on my knees in front of it.

kccrush

MBTI Type
INFJ
INFP bs? I think that it might be that they are wishy-washy and change their minds constantly. They have such a long incubation period before making a decision. So maybe calling them on their bs means pushing them through that period when nothing moves and there's just a lot of talk. In my experience this is one example of the bs I dealt with when involved with an infp.

SecondBest

Permabanned
MBTI Type
eNxp
Enneagram
5/7
I didn't understand what the OP necessarily meant by "bullshit" but after reading some of the responses I understand now. I think the only time I'd really say anything worhty of being called "bullshit" is when I'm trying to get myself to accept the fact that something I want isn't going to happen.

A good personal example is that sometimes i'll tell myself, friends, or family that I don't want kids or I'm not going to get married. Truth is I do want kids but I'd try to get myself to accept the fact that I may not get what I want. It helps me in certain respects.

HighwayChild

Enneagram
4w5
My ISFJ kindred spirit friend calls me on my "bullshit" all the time.

I do this thing ... where the other person would say something really obvious and I don't respond (could be because I have no response or it's uninteresting) so they continue to explain it. And once they do that, I'd pretend I don't get the idea/word/concept so I will give them this confused, furrowed brows look...and hahahaha...they will go on and on for fifteen minutes trying to explain this very simple idea/word/concept to me. I find it funny, no idea why. It works every time. I don't think anyone gets this joke; it's this weird thing of mine. Sometimes I just like giving people a confused look even though I understand them perfectly and what they are saying is extremely simple. I just want to see what they would say, I think. I sort of push them into a sort of rant and they get confused, like, why isn't she getting this? what am I doing wrong?

I only do that to close friends.

QUOTE]

I do the same thing sometimes. It seems kind cruel to some and unfunny to most people but for some reason I see it as harmless and it causes me to crack myself up on the inside. I can pull it off with highly extraverted people the easiest.