• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] INFP Bullshit and Romance

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i would take it to mean that they want someone who can see past their outward expression or statements that might be interpreted as disinterested or unaffected...maybe they seem aloof because they're shy...maybe they feel too much or care too much so they over compensate by acting the opposite...so...that's a lot of confusing bs to someone who doesn't know how to look.

WoodsWoman

MBTI Type
INFP
i would take it to mean that they want someone who can see past their outward expression or statements that might be interpreted as disinterested or unaffected...maybe they seem aloof because they're shy...maybe they feel too much or care too much so they over compensate by acting the opposite...so...that's a lot of confusing bs to someone who doesn't know how to look.

This is part of it certainly.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I've read an INFP statement on the forums that said something like: I've got to know that you can get through one of my Fi-hurricanes. If you can't get through them, there's no sense going any further in the relationship (speaking of romantic pairings).

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
What's a Fi hurricane?

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
What's a Fi hurricane?

LOL. I was paraphrasing, but it would be an episode where they really let their emotional frustrations/anger go on their partner. Let 'em have it, so to speak. And/or a breakdown of sorts. Do you guys even have "breakdowns" in front of others?

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP

This is the first thing that sounded familiar. Yep, I over compensate and when I stop it, people freak out... I wouldn't call it bullshit, though. I see it mostly as a poorly controlled/timed repression/expression of feelings.

I've read an INFP statement on the forums that said something like: I've got to know that you can get through one of my Fi-hurricanes. If you can't get through them, there's no sense going any further in the relationship (speaking of romantic pairings).

Hmm... if I do a hurricane, it is for something so serious that I will not have any interest to the person anymore. This is so rare, though, that it isn't really relevant...

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
LOL. I was paraphrasing, but it would be an episode where they really let their emotional frustrations/anger go on their partner. Let 'em have it, so to speak. And/or a breakdown of sorts. Do you guys even have "breakdowns" in front of others?

Are you fucking nuts? I'd like to have friends after I blow to gooey bits, thank ye very much. I don't NEED my SO to be able to handle the Fi explosion as long as they're ok with me going for a long walk to deal with it instead. If they need to help out, they need to be able to handle it too, though. That said, it's not about directing anything at them; all the need to do is let me do what I'm going to do and hold me later. No, they won't have to worry about self harm; at that point I'm not looking to manage the pain, just feel what's there.

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
Fi hurricane is easier for someone to take than Fe hurricane in my opinion. But Fi is more vague and expansive and abstract while with Fe, you know exactly what's bothering them. It's something about society and the people in it. I used to get more existentialist. Okay, never mind, Fi isn't easy to understand.

I got really really enraged today when I read that they killed 400 Canadian birds in Prospect Park, Brooklyn without telling the residents or anybody. They being...the local government I think. The objective is to lower the risk of planes crashing into birds, or the other way around. OOf I was ANGRY. Yes, I would like someone to sit there and hear me out, but it's not absolutely necessary. Usually I calm down before I share with my friends so that I am not cursing every two words. Oof I am still angry. That was my Fi hurricane for the day. I am someone who felt bad for the birds who were demolished when they collided with a plane a couple of years ago. My thoughts are not that aww, the birds have mushy feelings too but just because humans have families who love them and can verbally express grief and etc, that doesn't mean those birds do not matter at all.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I just hope they weren't shot then tossed to rot. If it's the kind of birds I'm thinking, homeless shelters could use the meat. Then again, I never said my values line up with the ones of other INFPs...

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
I think they are smaller than chickens without the growth hormones, probably not a lot of meat in their bones. Probably very, very tough and chewy meat. They rounded them up and gassed them. :(

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think they are smaller than chickens without the growth hormones, probably not a lot of meat in their bones. Probably very, very tough and chewy meat. They rounded them up and gassed them. :(

Did they have the black heads with white markings and the long necks?

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
Oh right, geese! Not just birds.

"After hearing that 250 to 400 Canada geese were relocated from their Prospect Park home to a nearby gas chamber, locals are mourning their old feathered friends. The move was part of the plan to reduce the geese population near the city's major airports, since one of their clan took down US Airways Flight 1549. Last Thursday the birds were captured, brought to the gassing facility, and dead within five minutes of the carbon dioxide entering their systems—they are currently buried in a mass grave.

With the lake emptied of geese, the Brooklyn Paper strolled over for some reactions from residents—who sound like they'd rather have the geese than airplanes in their neighborhood. One man told the paper, “It’s appalling how it was done—gassing the geese. I guess I never thought about how they would go about it.” Another wondered if "animal rights groups could have found another place to put the geese.”

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
Oh - I am giving an example of a Fi hurricane ... :D

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
haha i do too nolla that sounds funny... :)

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
One man told the paper, “It’s appalling how it was done—gassing the geese. I guess I never thought about how they would go about it.” Another wondered if "animal rights groups could have found another place to put the geese.”

I think that gassing them might be the convenient way, if they had to be killed. But I also think that feeding the homeless would have been quite nice.. Maybe even better if they tagged the leader of the geese with a gps so that they could direct the plane on a different route. I bet the geese don't just fly around randomly. It would have been so easy.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh right, geese! Not just birds.

"After hearing that 250 to 400 Canada geese were relocated from their Prospect Park home to a nearby gas chamber, locals are mourning their old feathered friends. The move was part of the plan to reduce the geese population near the city's major airports, since one of their clan took down US Airways Flight 1549. Last Thursday the birds were captured, brought to the gassing facility, and dead within five minutes of the carbon dioxide entering their systems—they are currently buried in a mass grave.

With the lake emptied of geese, the Brooklyn Paper strolled over for some reactions from residents—who sound like they'd rather have the geese than airplanes in their neighborhood. One man told the paper, “It’s appalling how it was done—gassing the geese. I guess I never thought about how they would go about it.” Another wondered if "animal rights groups could have found another place to put the geese.”

Well that's fucking wasteful. CO2 gassing, is fine for serving up. Geese aren't that small unless you're talking about the goslings. One goose should be able to feed minimum 2 people or more depending on additional parts to the meal. You pull the skin off, remove the excess limbs, and clean out the insides. The giblets you want to keep, just throw back in there with some butter, garlic, and some herbs that I don't remember right off the top of my head. Take the bird and roast it right and it will come out tastier and better for you than those tainted chickens on the modern market.

Conservative estimate there, 500 to 800 poor or homeless could have been fed with that. Damn wasteful. :steam:

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
No. All they had to do was just find a different location for them. It's that easy. Some places wouldn't mind more geese. :rolli:

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No. All they had to do was just find a different location for them. It's that easy. Some places wouldn't mind more geese. :rolli:

Could have, but my way feeds people...

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
LOL. True. You should be a Geese Chef, open up your own restaurant and feed the homeless during your free time. Just take all the geese for free off our hands.