User Tag List

First 1234 Last

ReflecTcelfeR

I think Fuzzcrossed may mean 'faults'. Getting past, what INFP's perceive as their faults... that was the first thing that came to my mind. Continue on.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    I think Fuzzcrossed may mean 'faults'. Getting past, what INFP's perceive as their faults... that was the first thing that came to my mind.
    That makes more sense.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

Now that I've heard it from so many different perspectives, I can refine and rephrase my question.

I've noticed, through personal experiences that INFPs have a tendency of using their Ne to form a trail of "shiny concepts" for an Ni user to follow. INFPs can use this ability very much like an Fe-user uses emo-persuasion, and can lead a person in a certain direction like a horse follows someone with sugarcubes in their hand.

A. Do you use this ability?
    B. If you use it, how so?
    C. Have you ever used it as a filter with possible romantic interests to see if they're clever enough to see past the "sugarcube" and into your true intentions?

Feel free to comment "around" the question too. Thanks.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

I think you guys are hung up on the word "bullshit". It's not blatant insincerity or lies. For example, I would never date someone for a couple of months even though I am not interested just to see if he can catch onto my bullshit. It's more like ... mental teasing/verbal play and I do it harmlessly. I am a very sensitive person to myself and others.

It's like that card game 'bullshit'. It's not like oh my cat died...wait no, I lied, I was just testing you to see if you know I am sincere or not, ha-ha.

It's more like ... a dark-ish sense of humor (like the intjs) and/or wanting to know if someone close to you knows you so well that whatever you say and do, whatever your facial expressions, they will know if you are being true and are completely honest, they can tell if you are playing or serious, they can be honest about their perception of whatever it is you are saying and doing.

I wish I had a specific example. It's Ne humor. I am not sure about the horse and the sugarcubes, lol.

It's like, I have ten cards in my hand and I'd like you to know me so well that you can tell what cards I have and don't (what I believe and don't). It's not super complex or 'deeply emotional'.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzcrossed View Post
    Now that I've heard it from so many different perspectives, I can refine and rephrase my question.

I've noticed, through personal experiences that INFPs have a tendency of using their Ne to form a trail of "shiny concepts" for an Ni user to follow. INFPs can use this ability very much like an Fe-user uses emo-persuasion, and can lead a person in a certain direction like a horse follows someone with sugarcubes in their hand.

A. Do you use this ability?
    B. If you use it, how so?
    C. Have you ever used it as a filter with possible romantic interests to see if they're clever enough to see past the "sugarcube" and into your true intentions?

Feel free to comment "around" the question too. Thanks.
    Na, I use Ne to explore with an Ni user, not lead them around. When I'm testing someone for possible romatic purposes I'll drop bits of Fi to see how that's received. That said, flirting via topic exploration isn't beyond me.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP

An INTJ friend says I have "walls" - this is what I thought of as 'bullshit'. I want someone with patience and determination to seek behind the smiles I present to the world, to wonder if I'm really all right behind that facade. Even with friends that I trust it can take the better part of a two hour conversation before I bring up what's weighing on my mind the most...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by WoodsWoman View Post
    An INTJ friend says I have "walls" - this is what I thought of as 'bullshit'. I want someone with patience and determination to seek behind the smiles I present to the world, to wonder if I'm really all right behind that facade. Even with friends that I trust it can take the better part of a two hour conversation before I bring up what's weighing on my mind the most...
    I'm used to no body looking, so I tend to test who cares instead. I find I get better feedback that way.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    4w9

I like to put my worst foot forward sometimes when I really like someone, which though may seem counterintuitive, is my way of showing the person I care about them, because I want them to like me even when I'm at my worst, hoping that they won't be repelled by it. If they can get through all that b.s, and see that within me is an unrelenting desire to ascend the heights, that is when I'll know I found a true friend.

I'm not saying this is the right approach, it's actually very selfish.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzcrossed View Post
    Same as I've said before, no. I don't understand leading someone into one direction but expecting them to know you want them to go in another. I also wouldn't relate it to how FiNe particularly operates, but I can speak only for myself. Perhaps other INFPs behave in that way and I'm the odd man out.

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    Na, I use Ne to explore with an Ni user, not lead them around. When I'm testing someone for possible romatic purposes I'll drop bits of Fi to see how that's received.
    Yeah, basically this.

I feel if you can handle my Fi and not flee like a frightened schoolgirl then we're good. I can gauge how deep I'll allow the relationship to go on how one reacts to my sharing my values and feelings (things I consider rather personal) with them.

Banned
    MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Unkindloving View Post
    Types of the parental/women folks?
    Simpler, but still as worth it without?
    Parents split. And my mother found a new stepdad every three months. (Psychopaths, alcoholics, etc).

So yeah, it would be worth without it.