User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

just laugh and say whoa girl...you are way more chatty/social than me! i have stuff to do here and just can't chat as often as you like but if you have something specific you need to ask go ahead.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

In cases like this, I usually say "I understand you have a need for... but I have a lot of work to do, and need to concentrate. When I have a moment to spare, I will get in touch with you." Then, I get stuff out to prep things up to start working, such as getting out file folders and setting things up on the computer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

We'll see how today goes. Meanwhile, my Daily Tarot seems to be speaking loud and clear:
    Daily Tarot Card

Knight of Swords Reversed
    Knight of Swords Reversed Too eager to fight without a cause. Jumping to conclusions. Reckless and wild. Others see you as the loose cannon. Too much aggression is causing you to lose friends. Influence waning. Perhaps you are being too impatient with others. You need to focus on smaller parts of a project. A feeling of being overwhelmed and caught up in too many battles. Easily exhausted.

It needs to wait a few days until the climate is better.

Thanks for the responses!

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Pixelholic View Post
    I'm with Jennifer where I almost feel obligated to humor them and let them start up a conversation. Usually if I'm busy I try to just tune them out and respond with "uh huh" and "yeah" every once in a while to feign interest. I'm really bad at just telling people I'm busy or telling them off because I feel like I need to be social with them.

Sometimes I lose it a bit and get angry with them, but that is much rarer now than when I was younger.
    Sounds familiar.

I just learned sometimes I need to be blunt.
    Giving them hints didn't always pay off... in fact, didn't really pay off at all.
    The sort of person who does this is naturally the sort of person who doesn't pick up on hints.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    Knight of Swords Reversed
    Knight of Swords Reversed Too eager to fight without a cause. Jumping to conclusions. Reckless and wild. Others see you as the loose cannon. Too much aggression is causing you to lose friends. Influence waning. Perhaps you are being too impatient with others. You need to focus on smaller parts of a project. A feeling of being overwhelmed and caught up in too many battles. Easily exhausted.

It needs to wait a few days until the climate is better.
    Which paper do you read?
    I'll call and have them publish an inspired reading for you.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Oberon

Jennifer used to work in an office with a guy like that... he would burst in unannounced in the middle of the afternoon, spouting Kipling verses in a Cockney accent. It was incredibly annoying, not to mention bizarre.

She had to move away and change her name to get away from that guy.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    Jennifer used to work in an office with a guy like that... he would burst in unannounced in the middle of the afternoon, spouting Kipling verses in a Cockney accent. It was incredibly annoying, not to mention bizarre. She had to move away and change her name to get away from that guy.

Yes... and apparently it didn't work one iota.

Ps. You forgot mentioning how you kept leaving your coffee mug in my cube.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Yes... and apparently it didn't work one iota.

Ps. You forgot mentioning how you kept leaving your coffee mug in my cube.
    It gave me a reason to come back.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    It gave me a reason to come back.
    Tilty, you should be taking notes of all the tricks these office pests use... since Obie is willing to spill his guts!

Oberon

If you had thrown the cup away in April's trash can and disavowed all knowledge, it would have put an end to that tactic immediately. I wouldn't have wanted to start losing coffee mugs.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Tilty, you should be taking notes of all the tricks these office pests use... since Obie is willing to spill his guts!
    I kinda like Kipling, actually ...