• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] NF's not standing NT's

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
I love NT's, i love their honesty, rationality and logic, i love that they challenge me and don't (generally) get over the top emotional drama-ie in situations. I have enough erratic bouncing emotions for the both of us, i NEED the balance.

slowriot

He who laughs
Enneagram
5w4
I love NT's, i love their honesty, rationality and logic, i love that they challenge me and don't (generally) get over the top emotional drama-ie in situations. I have enough erratic bouncing emotions for the both of us, i NEED the balance.

Please dont ever go near an NT again!!

You might be offended by the aspie, sociopathic, tourette symdrome beings that is us. And then you will cry and we will rust from your tears. Or we would have to comfort you and it would be awkward for both you and the NT you encounter. Especially if hugs are involved. Plus the probability of the NT hurting you again, by recognizing your tears as fake and as a weakness, might call on said NTs inherented instinct to sting you again. So please this thread is the truth of NTs, never let us near you sweet innocent little butterflies. *motoroil leaking from left eye, inferior devilish Fe function in overload!!! ABORT ABORT ABORT!!!*

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
It is like we share a brain.

That explains why it wasn't there when I went to look on Thursday. You borrowed it but didn't put it back in it's designated place. On top of the TV.

Congrats Vamp, you win the thread! The dismissive, rude side of NTs has been demonstrated very well by the INTP responses to your posts. :devil:

The NTs have their own NF hate thread - they should go whine there. :tongue: .

Oh, they'll be back. They always come back. Like [insert pest].
I'm predicting it: more NTs flame baiting by the end of the night.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
i'm NT and i can not only see why we'd be hated by some NFs, but absolutely think you should be able to express it all you want without a NT coming along trying to prove you're wrong about how you feel (and, usually proving the NF's point in doing so). i have the same opinion about the NT threads about NFs.

after all, this site is for all MBTI types and their opinions and thoughts.

just sayin'.

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
i'm NT and i can not only see why we'd be hated by some NFs, but absolutely think you should be able to express it all you want without a NT coming along trying to prove you're wrong about how you feel (and, usually proving the NF's point in doing so). i have the same opinion about the NT threads about NFs.

after all, this site is for all MBTI types and their opinions and thoughts.

just sayin'.

I don't hate NTs just that specific behavior.
And the idea that NTs=truth. There are multiple truths and "the truth" doesn't always have to be said in a rude, dismissive or thoughtless/devastating way.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
^ My ESTJ dad once told me that "It's not what you said that got you in trouble. It's only how you said it. That's the difference between getting what you want and destroying what you want here." And I never forget that. Just saying something isn't good enough. That's not communication enough.

I haven't dated any NT's. I think I would if the opportunity arises, particularly INTPs. I've always had a soft spot for them, despite the things that make my eye twitch in minor annoyance.

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
Please dont ever go near an NT again!!

You might be offended by the aspie, sociopathic, tourette symdrome beings that is us. And then you will cry and we will rust from your tears. Or we would have to comfort you and it would be awkward for both you and the NT you encounter. Especially if hugs are involved. Plus the probability of the NT hurting you again, by recognizing your tears as fake and as a weakness, might call on said NTs inherented instinct to sting you again. So please this thread is the truth of NTs, never let us near you sweet innocent little butterflies. *motoroil leaking from left eye, inferior devilish Fe function in overload!!! ABORT ABORT ABORT!!!*

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Most of my family are either INTP or INTJ, i have a MUCH better relationship with my INTP father than i do with my ESFP mother, her generally overly emotional reactions to problems annoys the hell out of me.

I've been intimate with and had several NT partners and prefer NT friends, they're always the ones i have the greatest harmony with, I DON'T like other peoples emotional drama. It's just my opinion on the matter anyway.... And pffft. EVERYONE likes hugs now and then. Even sometime stony and aloof NTs.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
I don't hate NTs just that specific behavior.
And the idea that NTs=truth. There are multiple truths and "the truth" doesn't always have to be said in a rude, dismissive or thoughtless/devastating way.

yeah, i just used 'hate' as a catch-all term. i didn't mean it literally.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's not intentional--brutal truth, that is.

I've given careful thought to some of the things I've said thinking it would hurt/be rude/ugly/unkind...

But I've also said things that I really had no clue would be hurtful. If I did, I would have tried to put it in such a way that it wouldn't hurt. For myself, this happens most often when I'm trying to gather information. I'm just focused on that and I might ask a question or make a statement that might be construed as AFU. If I realize it later, I will apologize. See? I can be nice! :D

My son (he is actually SP) and I were discussing last night why we avoided what we think of as emotional displays or saying hurtful things. He said it produced feelings of panic in him, he wasn't sure what to do, and most of all, he didn't want to deal with the fall out of hurt feelings or conflict. I do have to say that this is my primary motivation for taking steps not to hurt someone's feelings as well.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i didnt even know what it was before i googled, im still not quite sure what it exactly is because there seems to be so many ways of making them.

bad ketchup is waste of tomatoes, but good ketchup is a whole different thing
"good ketchup" is an oxymoron

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
:yes: A smart and emotionally mature person is very attractive regardless of what type they are.

That may be the best post I've seen in terms of MBTI relationships, as cliche and general as it is :p.

To be fair though, maybe maturity means a well balanced, developed assortments of traits, meaning that you'll be less likely to be pissed off at someone because they don't have enough of certain qualities.

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
^ My ESTJ dad once told me that "It's not what you said that got you in trouble. It's only how you said it. That's the difference between getting what you want and destroying what you want here." And I never forget that. Just saying something isn't good enough. That's not communication enough.

I haven't dated any NT's. I think I would if the opportunity arises, particularly INTPs. I've always had a soft spot for them, despite the things that make my eye twitch in minor annoyance.

:yes:
I need to apply that, it's very wise.

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
That may be the best post I've seen in terms of MBTI relationships, as cliche and general as it is :p.

To be fair though, maybe maturity means a well balanced, developed assortments of traits, meaning that you'll be less likely to be pissed off at someone because they don't have enough of certain qualities.

Well, I was in my maudlin mood when I wrote that :tongue:

I stand by it though and while it sounds simple, getting there is certainly not. I mean, Happosai may be smart, but I don't think he's emotionally mature :D

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
Well, I was in my maudlin mood when I wrote that :tongue:

I stand by it though and while it sounds simple, getting there is certainly not. I mean, Happosai may be smart, but I don't think he's emotionally mature :D

Happosai isn't that smart. He just knows how to use his age and martial arts status/abilities to his advantage. I'm thinking of the episode with the mold, he left several openings for Genma and Soun (and Ranma) to overthrow him. Doesn't Cologne usually best him?

jcloudz

Yup
MBTI Type
Istj
I think NF and NT`s will get along better later in life, like thirties

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I got along with my NT just fine at 18.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
I've got along with my best friend since 13.