User Tag List

First 4567816 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 193

  1. #51
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vamp View Post
    Well thanks. But there seems to be this feeling as if NFs are somehow saying "we're better because we can do this" when we're not saying/doing that.
    It's ok. We figured that part out already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  2. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    859

    Default

    No, why would I not like NT's? I just don't like people that doesn't like me.

  3. #53
    Senior Member copperfish17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by angell_m View Post
    No, why would I not like NT's? I just don't like people that doesn't like me.
    You win. Here, have an awesome badge.

    (Apparently, for a lot of NF's, "people that doesn't like me" = NT's. )

    Quote Originally Posted by Vamp View Post
    Why do NTs always (try to) antagonize NFs? Especially when NFs are trying to put over things they have a natural predisposition to (like the social situations thread). Are NTs really that insecure?
    I assure you it's not about insecurity. That is not a snide remark, in case you can't tell.

    Also, NF's antagonize NT's just as much as NT's antagonize NF's. Prime example of this is yourself.
    Enneagram: 5w4 5-9-2 (5w4 9w1 2w1) sp/so

    "Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Greg King
    The worst mistake people make in political arguments is assuming that the other side is not trying to do the right thing. This simple oversight makes productive conversation nearly impossible.

  4. #54
    Senior Member Vamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Posts
    589

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by copperfish17 View Post
    You win. Here, have an awesome badge.

    (Apparently, for a lot of NF's, "people that doesn't like me" = NT's. )



    I assure you it's not about insecurity. That is not a snide remark, in case you can't tell.

    Also, NF's antagonize NT's just as much as NT's antagonize NF's. Prime example of this is yourself.
    I respond to almost constant NT thread bombing with snide remarks.
    It must be that NTPs purposefully choose to be blissfully unaware how snide they come off to others. So they can get away with it by excusing it as some kind of unknown behavior.

    I'm probably not the only ENFP who feels that way because it does happen a whole hell of lot .So much so that it almost seems pathological.
    George Bernard Shaw in cartoon form.

  5. #55
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vamp View Post
    I respond to almost constant NT thread bombing with snide remarks.
    It must be that NTPs purposefully choose to be blissfully unaware how snide they come off to others. So they can get away with it by excusing it as some kind of unknown behavior.

    I'm probably not the only ENFP who feels that way because it does happen a whole hell of lot .So much so that it almost seems pathological.
    Have you considered that we just enjoy snarkiness? In ourselves and in others? Plenty of ENFPs enjoy it too.

    You jumped on INA in that thread you cited for saying something that half a dozen NFs later substantiated. Yet she was the only one you attacked (like a rabid dog). Whereupon she totally pwned your ass. We reserve the right to do that when you get snippy with us.

    Perhaps you're blissfully unaware that you come across as someone with a pretty humongous chip on your shoulder and/or no sense of humour. Takes all sorts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  6. #56
    Senior Member copperfish17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vamp View Post
    I respond to almost constant NT thread bombing with snide remarks.
    It must be that NTPs purposefully choose to be blissfully unaware how snide they come off to others. So they can get away with it by excusing it as some kind of unknown behavior.

    I'm probably not the only ENFP who feels that way because it does happen a whole hell of lot .So much so that it almost seems pathological.
    I think it would be more accurate to say that you are the one who cannot help but assign (negative) emotional pretexts to what NTP's say when there really aren't any.
    Enneagram: 5w4 5-9-2 (5w4 9w1 2w1) sp/so

    "Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Greg King
    The worst mistake people make in political arguments is assuming that the other side is not trying to do the right thing. This simple oversight makes productive conversation nearly impossible.

  7. #57
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,656

    Default

    To be fair, I too sometimes wonder. NFJs seem better at interpreting those comments the way they were meant. I usually just wait to see if they'll provide me more context for the remark so I can place it better, and otherwise just ignore it
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  8. #58
    He who laughs
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    1,327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valerie View Post
    I have read a lot about how NF's are supposed to match romantically with NT's. This makes no sense to me. My husband is an ESFJ or an ENFJ and he is wonderful. Every NT I have know has been arrogant and cold, lost in politics and their own projects, not open to other points of view at all. Why in the world do the books match up NF's and NT's?
    I find it sad to dismiss people based on them being cold and arrogant as an external front.

    So you have a good relationship, thats good. But to think that all NT are like you say, are as much an example of NFs not seeing other peoples point of views than the NT you say do and it shows a lack of perspective. I agree that some do that. But that can be said of any other type aswell.

    And to answer why we are put together, is simple, you have some strengths that an NT lack and we bring another perspective. Together we have the strengths that many relationships Ive encountered lack. We are both open, can have deep meaningful discussions on many subjects with a natural nuancing that I as an INTP finds really refreshing. Its bonded with a shared intuitive output, but different ways of coming to conclusions about the world.

    I tend not to be drawn towards people with specific traits in Feelers that I find terribly annoying, such as very mushy, strong openly affectionate people and people pleasers. Because I find them to have a hidden agenda and seems fake to me. OP might have a different view on these people and thats fine. But one is not better than the other as it seems to be the view in the OP. (repressed Fe, I know )


    EDIT: Oh oh oh I forgot, maybe those people you think are NTs are really cold and arrogant feelers. Those kind of people do exist (I know its mindblowing, but never the less true ).

  9. #59
    garbage
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    There are definitely examples of abrasive kinda clueless
    This is the worst kind, yeah

    I don't know if it's worse if people abrasive and clueless about it, or if they know they're abrasive and don't give a shit about working on that about themselves.

    I also cringe when I hear nf women saying they need the rationality or support of an nt male.
    This, too

    "Need" is never a solid foundation for a relationship. By the time you get very serious about relationships, you should have some capacity for rational thought and at least a slight ability to make good decisions

  10. #60
    Senior Member Vamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Posts
    589

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    Have you considered that we just enjoy snarkiness? In ourselves and in others? Plenty of ENFPs enjoy it too.

    You jumped on INA in that thread you cited for saying something that half a dozen NFs later substantiated. Yet she was the only one you attacked (like a rabid dog). Whereupon she totally pwned your ass. We reserve the right to do that when you get snippy with us.

    Perhaps you're blissfully unaware that you come across as someone with a pretty humongous chip on your shoulder and/or no sense of humour. Takes all sorts.
    I have no sense of humor when it comes to assholes.
    I didn't know there was a rule about not replying to things others have posted in an open thread about MY type.
    I enjoy being snarky but not in a rude/mean way to put down others (for no good reason) but I'll play that way if pushed. Being a mean old jackass because YOU consider something stupid/silly is not cool. It's the "abrasive kind of clueless" about the feelings, thoughts and sensibilities of others. You can't go around stepping on the toes of others in life because you can't empathize with them. It's reckless disregard and a little disrespectful. Perhaps that's why you think ENFPs are over confident in our ability to read people, you lack empathy and don't believe in the trait because of this.

    Of course I have a chip on my shoulder- I hate the world!

    And I most especially hate reckless disrespect due to a lack of understanding of others' sensibilities.
    George Bernard Shaw in cartoon form.

Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] What good would an NF see in an NT as a romantic partner?
    By FFF in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: 06-18-2012, 09:30 PM
  2. [NF] Not being NF is not enough of an excuse
    By SilkRoad in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 97
    Last Post: 12-24-2010, 07:45 PM
  3. If types were foods for all, not just NTs!
    By luminous beam in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-17-2010, 04:27 PM
  4. [MBTItm] Why are all the NFs jealous of the NTs?
    By ThatsWhatHeSaid in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 161
    Last Post: 06-24-2009, 12:19 AM
  5. [NT] imagination - all INXX's, not just NT's
    By Il Morto Qui Parla in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-21-2008, 11:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO