• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] NF's not standing NT's

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
Don't mind me...I'll just go eat my popcorn in the corner...

Carry on...

:popc1:

:)

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Pass the popcorn Biaxident.

My bowl is empty.

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
I think it would be more accurate to say that you are the one who cannot help but assign (negative) emotional pretexts to what NTP's say when there really aren't any.

Your sig has always said "no offense"; that's a hint. Most INTPs are abrasive and clueless about how the things they say come off to more socially sensitive types. If you're curious about why certain people are more sensitive to subtext check out the Advice on Not being a Social Idiot thread.

If I were as careless with my words as INTPs who habitually thread bomb with the "witty" snark usually are there's no other way but negative for me to have meant it because I don't beat around the bush when I don't like something. That's why it always comes off as cowardly, sideways and backbiting to me.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have no sense of humor when it comes to assholes.
I didn't know there was a rule about not replying to things others have posted in an open thread about MY type.
I enjoy being snarky but not in a rude/mean way to put down others (for no good reason) but I'll play that way if pushed. Being a mean old jackass because YOU consider something stupid/silly is not cool. It's the "abrasive kind of clueless" about the feelings, thoughts and sensibilities of others. You can't go around stepping on the toes of others in life because you can't empathize with them. It's reckless disregard and a little disrespectful. Perhaps that's why you think ENFPs are over confident in our ability to read people, you lack empathy and don't believe in the trait because of this.

Of course I have a chip on my shoulder- I hate the world! :yes:

And I most especially hate reckless disrespect due to a lack of understanding of others' sensibilities.

As much as I agree with your intention behind this post, and as much as it's annoying sometimes to see that T's seem to be able to brag about their abilities and the second we do that, we get shot down for being pedantic and conceited (or something in that regard), it doesn't mean that we can tell people what to do.

Yes it's annoying that people hurt one another, and are disrespectful towards others. However, imo you have to stay open to the possibility that *maybe* there's something you're missing, the reason why they're acting like that, an inside joke you missed, a different perspective on the world that they share with that other person they seem to be 'bullying', but that you don't get. And...to accept those perspectives as equally valuable might be hard but still imo the best way to go about things, as otherwise the irony of you demanding they do things your way tends to be a bit too much to bear as it's not exactly respectful of you to do that towards them, now is it.

Lemme be the first to say that I am acutely aware of the irony of this post, as I am in essence suggesting that you alter your perspective to mine :D

It is however only that...a mere suggestion ;)

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
As much as I agree with your intention behind this post, and as much as it's annoying sometimes to see that T's seem to be able to brag about their abilities and the second we do that, we get shot down for being pedantic and conceited (or something in that regard), it doesn't mean that we can tell people what to do.

Yes it's annoying that people hurt one another, and are disrespectful towards others. However, imo you have to stay open to the possibility that *maybe* there's something you're missing, the reason why they're acting like that, an inside joke you missed, a different perspective on the world that they share with that other person they seem to be 'bullying', but that you don't get. And...to accept those perspectives as equally valuable might be hard but still imo the best way to go about things, as otherwise the irony of you demanding they do things your way tends to be a bit too much to bear as it's not exactly respectful of you to do that towards them, now is it.

Lemme be the first to say that I am acutely aware of the irony of this post, as I am in essence suggesting that you alter your perspective to mine :D

It is however only that...a mere suggestion ;)

Most of the post seem mean spirited. I haven't been around long, just something I noticed. NT bullying of NFs. And a total lack of equality on the traits front. And of course, being shut down with more of the same behavior you asked them about is not helping.

Just seems like bridge trolling from bored NTs who think they can get a rise out of NFs like the post below. Pure trolling. How is that not an example of all the things I listed. It's not even discourse like Copperfish, it's completely degenerative and childish.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have no sense of humor when it comes to assholes.
I didn't know there was a rule about not replying to things others have posted in an open thread about MY type.
I enjoy being snarky but not in a rude/mean way to put down others (for no good reason) but I'll play that way if pushed. Being a mean old jackass because YOU consider something stupid/silly is not cool. It's the "abrasive kind of clueless" about the feelings, thoughts and sensibilities of others. You can't go around stepping on the toes of others in life because you can't empathize with them. It's reckless disregard and a little disrespectful. Perhaps that's why you think ENFPs are over confident in our ability to read people, you lack empathy and don't believe in the trait because of this.

Of course I have a chip on my shoulder- I hate the world! :yes:

And I most especially hate reckless disrespect due to a lack of understanding of others' sensibilities.

Your sig has always said "no offense"; that's a hint. Most INTPs are abrasive and clueless about how the things they say come off to more socially sensitive types. If you're curious about why certain people are more sensitive to subtext check out the Advice on Not being a Social Idiot thread.

If I were as careless with my words as INTPs who habitually thread bomb with the "witty" snark usually are there's no other way but negative for me to have meant it because I don't beat around the bush when I don't like something. That's why it always comes off as cowardly, sideways and backbiting to me.
Jesus, you are a riot!

Did you have to train to be this charming and insightful or does it come naturally?

Seriously. Wind your neck in, or you won't last long around here. You are the ONLY person making abusive and insulting statements in this thread.
You've already said enough to warrant a thread ban.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmm, Biax, I feel really disliked. I don't think we NTs are cold assholes.

And I totally knew that you were going to say that. Oh well for creepy guys! Tasty popcorn.

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
Hmm, Biax, I feel really disliked. I don't think we NTs are cold assholes.

And I totally knew that you were going to say that. Oh well for creepy guys! Tasty popcorn.

You know I wub ya.

In a totally non-creepy. Uncle-ish sorta way. :D

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Most of the post seem mean spirited. I haven't been around long, just something I noticed. NT bullying of NFs. And a total lack of equality on the traits front. And of course, being shut down with more of the same behavior you asked them about is not helping.

Nobody is perfect. We put up with their snarkiness and bluntness, they put up with our sensitivities and emo-shit :D
Look, you're always going to have people that are still...learning to balance out their particular flaws. In fact, it's a journey that everyone undertakes, both F's and T's. Being understanding and accepting of each other is bound to be more productive than getting annoyed at each other for things the other is still working on or just simply does differently than you. It's not easy to let go of your own perspective, but I've found that trying on someone elses perspective has its definite benefits. And realize that NT's on their side struggle with our flaws just as much and aren't always equally articulate either about addressing them. Give people the benefit of the doubt and try to understand where they come from. Besides, I've found that mature NT's tend to wrangle their own kind when they get too extreme around here.

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
Nobody is perfect. We put up with their snarkiness and bluntness, they put up with our sensitivities and emo-shit :D
Look, you're always going to have people that are still...learning to balance out their particular flaws. In fact, it's a journey that everyone undertakes, both F's and T's. Being understanding and accepting of each other is bound to be more productive than getting annoyed at each other for things the other is still working on or just simply does differently than you. It's not easy to let go of your own perspective, but I've found that trying on someone elses perspective has its definite benefits. And realize that NT's on their side struggle with our flaws just as much and aren't always equally articulate either about addressing them. Give people the benefit of the doubt and try to understand where they come from. Besides, I've found that mature NT's tend to wrangle their own kind when they get too extreme around here.

*sigh*
Oh well, stalemate and I still have that "NF Bomb" plan.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You know I wub ya.

In a totally non-creepy. Uncle-ish sorta way. :D

I am wub'd by someone! Yay! :yay:

Hahaha that is so cool! My Uncle is like, a popcorn guy!

This conversation is getting a little less interesting to watch. The end of this thread will probably end in NF hugs and cuddles, or at least a happy agreement, as is the NF way :tongue:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:yay: It's rainbow-unicorn time!!! :D

1247934958201.jpg

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Who was right, as always? Because you know, I am so awesome. I am just always right.

/irony

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
I am wub'd by someone! Yay! :yay:

Hahaha that is so cool! My Uncle is like, a popcorn guy!

This conversation is getting a little less interesting to watch. The end of this thread will probably end in NF hugs and cuddles, or at least a happy agreement, as is the NF way :tongue:

Damn skippy! :devil:

:yay: It's rainbow-unicorn time!!! :D

1247934958201.jpg

Makes rainbow Vomit-angels....

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There should be another smiley for the color purple.