User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Valerie View Post
    I have read a lot about how NF's are supposed to match romantically with NT's. This makes no sense to me. My husband is an ESFJ or an ENFJ and he is wonderful. Every NT I have know has been arrogant and cold, lost in politics and their own projects, not open to other points of view at all. Why in the world do the books match up NF's and NT's?
    I read somewhere that N's are naturally attracted to other N's because we admire eachother's creativity.

Personally, NTPs I have no problem with. I quite like them. NTJs, I'm known to not get along with so well, though.

But, yes, romantically speaking, I don't think they should be paired. Do we make good friends with eachother? Absolutly! But romantic partners? No. Don't see it happening. (Except maybe INFP with INTP, I can see.)

Of course, there are many NT-NF relationships that work out very well. It all just depends on the individuals and how well they can handle eachother's weaknesses. If the NT can learn to be more soft when criticizing an NF, and if an NF can learn to not be so fluffy, then I think they get along fine.

MBTI
    INFP

The young ones can be irritating but you could say that about all the temperaments.

MBTI
    GONE

Forgot to say I have nothing against any types or quads. Nf nt can definitely work you see all sorts of real pairings irl described through this forum.. like intp esfj or entj infp. The world is a big place and there is huge variety within one type.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

He who laughs
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    The world is a big place and there is huge variety within one type.
    totally agreed.

MBTI
    INFJ

CzeCze: I also cringe when I hear nf women saying they need the rationality or support of an nt male.
    Me too. They've fallen prey to so much societal crap, namely the bullshit that says feeling or thinking is better (neither is better nor worse). And then there's the whole gender thing. I like that you're confident in your intelligence.

Tell me more about getting along with NTs... I am not good at getting along w/ abhrasive people whom I don't fundamentally get.

JivinJeffJones: The young ones can be irritating but you could say that about all the temperaments.
    You found the PERFECT photo!
    Last edited by mochajava; 08-26-2010 at 04:40 PM. Reason: grammar

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by mochajava View Post
    Me too. They've fallen prey to so much societal crap, namely the bullshit that says feeling or thinking is better (neither is better nor worse). And then there's the whole gender thing. I like that your confident in your intelligence.

Tell me more about getting along with NTs... I am not good at getting along w/ abhrasive people whom I don't fundamentally get.

You found the PERFECT photo!
    Exactly. It's like saying they're a hysterical headless chicken that needs a Sean Connery or old school 1940s movie type to slap them and stop their silly woman feelings. It's probably not even true for them; they just think it is, it's just that socially we tend to believe that a woman who's a feeler NEEDS a slap.
    George Bernard Shaw in cartoon form.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Love my ENTPs.

MBTI
    INFJ

It depends on the people involved, but I have yet to be in a relationship with an NT or any T where I felt as though I mattered to them enough.
    Ground control to Major Tom

MBTI
    ENFP

Why do NTs always (try to) antagonize NFs? Especially when NFs are trying to put over things they have a natural predisposition to (like the social situations thread). Are NTs really that insecure?
    Last edited by Vamp; 08-28-2010 at 02:24 PM. Reason: link'd
    George Bernard Shaw in cartoon form.

Quote Originally Posted by Vamp View Post
    Why do NTs always (try to) antagonize NFs? Especially when NFs are trying to put over things they have a natural predisposition to (like the social situations thread). Are NTs really that insecure?
    Can't speak for other NTs but some of us are prone to teasing and NFs provide a lot of fuel to be teased by.